• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are you currently reading?

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I've decided to reread So You Want to Be a Wizard. I had gotten into the series when I was in seventh grade, but never finished it.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Not too long ago, I read the short story The Sound of Snow Falling by Andrew C. Piazza. It's a really, really good werewolf story if you're interested in that kind of thing. Great read. I wish it was longer, but it worked really well as a short story.

Currently reading The Passage by Justin Cronin. I'm about halfway through it and I'm really enjoying it so far. The beginning really gripped me early on and the middle is dragging juuust a tad because I'm not as invested in the new characters introduced, but I'm still really enjoying it. It's long but I like long books.

epic mew

Zorark + mew = death
Warrior cats: Fire and Ice.

Very good so far, I luv graystripe, He's so spunky =^.^=

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Finished A Storm of Swords awhile before the new season, so I'm happy. I'm blowing through A Feast for Crows.

Rakansen

ラルフ
I'm not a reader, even though my sisters are huge fans of literature, I've never really been big on books. In fact, I've probably given up on books more times than I've actually finished one. Of course, there are rare exceptions when I read a very interesting book (such as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and The Hobbit :)) and finish it in a short period of time, but it usually takes me forever to read a book, and then I end up giving up on it.

At the moment, though, I'm reading Battle Royale, I started it a week ago. It's an interesting book, but the only reason why I haven't read it much is because I'm so busy.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Just finished One Day by David Nicholls. Oh god, I can finally understand why this book such rave reviews. Even taking into account how impressionable and easily impressed I am when I read books, it's still easily one of the best reads I've lost myself in for quite some time.

Planning to read A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini as soon as it arrives.

Ketaru

Game of Thrones
I usually don't get into mainstream franchises until the hype has died WAY down, but I figured I'd at least pick it up and see if I liked it.

I just finished that book. Normally, I too don't follow mainstream franchises too closely. But I was getting a little tired of being the only person who didn't seem to be in on every little Game of Thrones discussion going on. Or the only person who didn't get a Game of Thrones joke. And I do feel I have some Game of Thrones competency now, but I was still at a disadvantage; when I read the first book, I felt like I was reading a steady stream of punchlines. For example, the line "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die", it didn't have nearly the campy undertones that it normally has when I heard others saying it.

And I kinda knew Joffrey was a prick the moment he was introduced in the book, largely because of all the internet memes.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Just a couple months of ago I got back into reading again. It feels like I have discovered a lost world.

Right now I am reading Cannery Row by John Steinbeck. I'm finding it be an easy, yet delightful read. It's a good book if you want one that's easy to read and doesn't require a lot of commitment.

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
Just a couple months of ago I got back into reading again. It feels like I have discovered a lost world.

Right now I am reading Cannery Row by John Steinbeck. I'm finding it be an easy, yet delightful read. It's a good book if you want one that's easy to read and doesn't require a lot of commitment.

ALL OF MY YES.

Anyway, my new random book is The Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Just finished The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett, currently reading And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini.