• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are you currently reading?

Psychic

Really and truly
A friend got my a copy of Ready Player One, and I'm really enjoying it. It's about a dystopian future where everyone is plugged into this virtual reality video game, and gamers hunt for an Easter egg that was hidden inside by the game's creator before his death. Whoever finds the egg inherits his vast fortune, and finding it pretty much requires being an expert on 80's pop and nerd culture.

Even as someone who doesn't know much about the 80's, it's a very enjoyable book so far, and I'd recommend it.

Noooo I loved Redwall, and was thinking of reading these someday. Well, looks like now I won't, if they're really not worth it. Oh well, at least I can read the other 10 Redwall books that I have left to read.
Yeah, I found the Redwall books to be a lot better, and I have many left to read too! You may feel differently from me about Castaways, especially since I didn't read the first two books of the series. I didn't like it from the get-go, so I'd say try to get it it from a library so you can bring it back in case you feel the same way I did early on.

Last edited:

Mister_SGG

I was travelling recently and I will be a lot this summer so I packed the entire Harry Potter series for the during any long travel.

It's been a good three-four years since I read the series and I forgot how much I enjoy it

Ketaru

Line taken out of context from page 310 of The Three Musketeers from a chapter titled "The Wife of Athos":

"I could mount him with thirty balls in my body."

He's talking about a horse and bullets.

Keysmash

buys meat
I ordered Harlan Ellison's "I have no mouth and I must scream" last week. Really looking forward to start reading it. I am a huge fan of Scifi and this is a must read.

Heard good things about it. Wasn't it made into a game years back?

::

I bought The 100-Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson last year, but I'm finally starting it now.

Ketaru

I just finished playing Dragon Age II. Following up by reading Dragon Age: Asunder now, which takes place sort-of after II.

It takes place after the events at Kirkwall, but before Varric is captured and interrogated by Cassandra.

So ready for Inquisition!

Blazeing Man

proffesional artist
Holes. Im reading holes I saw the movie a while ago but the book is way better. It desnt have shia labufe.

Psychic

Really and truly
I'm just about finished A Study in Scarlet, and I had no idea that half of the first Sherlock Holmes novel was about Mormons. Quite the coincidence, since I just saw Book of Mormon a few weeks ago.

Holes. Im reading holes I saw the movie a while ago but the book is way better. It desnt have shia labufe.
That was a great book - the way the different narratives were brought together and explained really intrigued me when I read it for high school.

~Psychic

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Recently finished Bridget Jones' Diary, and... well to be honest it left me cold a little. Maybe it's the plethora of 90s humour which I couldn't relate to, or just the brief, cutting and shoddily put together nature of the diary entries, but I didn't enjoy reading it much. I've started the first section of Edge of Reason because I have the omnibus edition and it seemed weird to just stop at the middle of the volume, but I don't expect I'll be finishing it.

Waiting for my next order of books to arrive, will try to start with A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman - but most likely will be drawn to Can You Keep A Secret by Sophie Kinsella first since I'm a sucker for her style of writing.

Mega Leafeon

Some call me... Tim.
Just finished the first Game of Thrones~ I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I wish I'd read it before watching the series. ;-;

Now onto the next one!! *runs off*

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Finished reading Can You Keep A Secret - got through it within a matter of hours, as it was a fairly easy read. Good fun, lighthearted and genuinely funny in places. Kinsella rarely fails to come through for me in terms of entertainment value.

Moving onto About A Boy by Nick Hornby. Only went by the film for quality, but seems promising so far.

Ketaru

Finished The Three Musketeers. For a book about a swashbuckling quartet, I would've expected the story to end in a theatrical sword fight. But apparently not.

Wondering what to read next. I've this this YA book called One for Sorrow sitting around for a while. But I might return to H.P. Lovecraft or A Song of Ice and Fire. I've also wanted to read Dune for a while. And I still need to continue The Journey to the West. So many things to do...

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Finished reading A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman.

I don't think I can recommend this book highly enough. It's not often that when I finish reading books, I want to just spend a few days musing over what I've read and just let the story and the characters and the prose sink in instead of jumping straight into another one. But A Man Called Ove just kinda has that effect on you. Everything, from the characters, to the black humour, to the writing style to the heartfelt observations on life, loss and love were just absolutely bang-on.

Basically, if you're a sentimentalist at heart like I usually am, and enjoy heartwarming yet subtly hilarious stories about love and community, then I highly reccomend Backman's novel. It won't disappoint, particularly if you like cats.