• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are you going to buy this year?

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Well October starts off the big hitters like Gears of War 3, Rage and Dark Souls. Batman: Arkham City coming out soon along with other AAA games

So like the title suggests, what are your 1st priority buys for this packed holiday season as I'm sure a majority of us can't afford to buy every new AAA game that comes out in 2011.

#1 priority for me is Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

Must get category (after Uncharted 3): Batman: AC, and Zelda: SS

Hopefully get as a gift or buy it later category: Battlefield 3, Saint Rows: The Third, Star Wars: The Old Republic and Goldeneye 007: Reloaded

Games I'll wait until the price drops category to $30 or lower: Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, DBZ: Ultimate Tenkaichi (Guilty Pleasure ;) ) Sonic Generations, and Assassins Creed: Revelations,

Last edited:

~Light

Must get category : None

Hopefully get as a gift or buy it later category: Saint Rows: The Third, Assassins Creed Revelations

That's it, I don't buy a lot games, mostly I just trade the ones I played :). But these games I really need to have and if necessary I'll buy them.

Sabconth

Kanto Ranger
I'm only buying Dark Souls and the Metal Gear Solid HD collection, but i'm hoping to get some more for christmas.

Mainly-

- Uncharted 3
- LoZ: Skyward Sword
- Skyrim
- Assassins Creed: Revelations

iluvwobbuffet

WOBBBUFFFFFET!!! XD
Getting:
Battlefield 3(x2)
Uncharted 3 Collectors
Modern Warfare 3 Hardened
Assassins Creed Revelations
The Old Republic(x2)

Already bought:
Dead Island(x2)
L.A. Noire
3DS
OoT 3D
Resident Evil Mercenaries
L.A. Noire
Pokemon B&W

And this is just what I remember.
October didn't start the spending for me. It's been the ENTIRE year. =O_O=
(x2 = had to buy a copy for BF)

Slick

Banned
October 27th: Battlefield 3 (PC) -- Pre-ordered.
November 8th: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360) -- Hardened Edition pre-ordered.
November 15th: Saints Row: The Third (Xbox 360) -- Most likely shared between my Dad and I.
November 24th: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) -- Unknown if I'll buy this at release or not.
March 6th 2012: Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360) -- If I have the money I'll buy it on release date.

My Dad will probably buy Assassin's Creed Revelations and Uncharted 3.

Matrixbeast

GODLIKE-NESS
The only definite buys are probably gonna be Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and Batman: Arkham City (But I'm not getting that on release).

I'll probably pick up Modern Warfare 3 if enough of my friends do.

Other games that I want but have no intention on buying this year:
Saints Row the Third
Skyward Sword (But that requires me on buying another Wii)
Skyrim
Deus Ex
Ocarina of Time 3D
Starfox 64 3D

The Chilli God

Like a Boss
Heroes of Might and Magic VI (pre-ordered, does it still count?), Assassin's Creed Revelations, Mass Effect 3, and Borderlands 2 (hey, it *could* come out within a year from now :p) are on my "must-buy" list. Tack on Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, if you count expansions among stand-alone games.

My "maybe" list is Diablo III, Prototype 2, Batman: Arkham City, and maybe something for the DS if my wallet's still not totally empty.

As for already bought this year... Uhm... Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Limbo, Bastion, Deus Ex - Human Revolution, Pokemon Black, and Portal 2 were my purchases.

Chris

Old Coot
I keep my purchases restricted to never paying retail price. I either wait for a price drop or a sale. With that in mind, my 2011 planned purchases so far are...

DS: Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation, Kirby Mass Attack, Solatorobo: Red The Hunter
PSP: Fate/Extra, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2, Ys I & II Chronicles
Wii: Kirby's Return to Dreamland, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
PC: Dead Island

Zweihander Nemesis

Not too old for Poke
Cannot Live Without
-Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
-The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
-Mass Effect 3 (2012)

Really Want
-The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Would like to get
-Battlefield 3
-Prototype 2
-Ssaint's Row: The Third

Depending on much cash I have: Pokemon Black (Finaly!), Izuma 11, Rune Factory and Maybe Prof Layton & TUF.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
This year? Hoo, boy.

-Skyward Sword
-Sonic Generations (Both PS3 and 3DS)
-Mario Kart 7
-Super Mario 3D Land
-Cave Story 3D
-Kirby Returns to Dreamland
-Pokemon Rumble Blast
-Grand Knights History

All day 1. Why? BECAUSE.

javix

Will get:
-The legend of Zelda SS (aldready pre-ordered)

Probably:
-Kirby Return to Dreamland
-Tatsunoko VS. Capcom (I know, is a little old, but i always wanted it and now is cheaper)
-KH: 358/2 Days (The same case as the previous one)

Would Like:
-3DS
-Mario Kart 7
-Super Mario 3D Land

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Arkham city
Saints row the third
Modern Warfare 3
Assassins Creed Revelations
Next year, I will buy Call of Duty Iron Wolf when it comes out :D

Kalosian

So long
I'll be getting Zelda: Skyward Sword when it is released. Will likely pick up Xenoblade Chronicles as well. Other than those two, nothing planned.