• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are You Going to do Different?

smpadill

My team will be totally different

Platinum

Torterra
Houndoom
Jolteon
Bastiodon
Floatzel
Staraptor

as compared to

Diamond

Infernape
Abomasnow
Bronzong
Gyarados
Luxray
Lucario

thats assuming I can get an armor fossil in the underground but the one place that actually had a definite answer said you can find them in Platinum but I'm not 100% sure...if anyone definitely knows please tell me.

Shikyobi

I'm going to try to not rush through the game like I did in Pearl, EV train my in-game team, and catch a Gible early.

I'm not using a game with Pokemon caught in-game. xD I'm sending over eggs from Pearl and training form there.

I'm also not going to use all the TMs on my Ingame team again. Haha, I regret it for a lot of 'em.

I'm actually going to go through the BF this time, unlike in Emerald. xD

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Yeah, I'm going to give the BF a go. I did a bit in Emerald, but I didn't learn about EV training until late in the 3rd Gen, and didn't come back to Emerald until late last year. So I kinda ran out of time. In Platinum, I plan to really focus on it after I beat the E4 and complete my pokedex.

kemal07

ive always gone slow in my pokemon games and have spent alot of time training all my party pokemon without any cheats. ive fully finished my pearl. and have not used any cheats. all my pokemon in my pearl game from my firered leafgreen emerald ruby are all around level 90s. all trained bymyself. i amm planing to do the samefor platinum.
before starting my games i always used to make a huge plan on what pokemon i should get for my team. but this time im just going to go with the flow and catch watever pokemon i feel like catching for my platinum team.

DFang

27yr old Pokefan
When I got Diamond I used:
Torterra
Gyarados
Toxicroak
Garchomp
Staraptor
Drifblim

In Pearl it was:
Infernape
Floatzel
Roserade
Drapion
Magnezone (traded egg)
Lucario

So in Platinum it will be:
Empoleon
Houndoom
Venusaur (egg)
Gliscor
Rotom
Linoone (@ Lvl 100 and abused for Pick-Up)

Sailor Saturn

Master of Silence
I'm going to choose Turtwig as my starter. I chose Piplup in Pearl, and I've chosen the water starter in the other games as well. Haven't decided if I'll raise a different E4 team yet. I've bred a Piplup and a Chimchar on Pearl to send over to Platinum, so they'll most likely end up in my team like in Pearl. I'll probably go a little slower too. I went through the main Pearl storyline kind of fast. I might give the BF a try. I never got Emerald, so I've never tackled a BF before. And of course I can't wait to go to the Torn World, see Giratina's new form in game, and eventually play with Rotom's new forms.

Stormplayer27

pokemon is boring
well im gonna breed my typhlosion in diamond and in the begining of the platinum i will trade a cyndiquil egg and use that as my starter instead of the boring sinnoh starters. I also think i will do that with a makuhita, eletrike, and bagon and train them up early in the game

I'm gonna change evrything. I'm gonna change my team and go through it slow to make sure my pokemon are strong and leveled up.

Platinum Team
Torterra (must beat c/w with turtwig)
Ambipom ( got to beat fantina with aipom)
Togekiss (must know metronome)
Gyrados (Must keep tackle)
Dusknoir (Must know all the punches)
Garchomp (Gible must have adamant nature)

Last edited:

Glaceon_girl37

i am going to get better Pokemon. i was dumb to catch only 18 Pokemon in Diamond (after i finished Pearl) so i am going to do that
and get my Lv. 100 Ninetales from Pearl and use that to beat the Elite Four.
oh, and i will do a different starter..i think Piplup..

aricarrot

i'm a carrot.
Well, I think I'm either going to pick a different starter or not use one entirely. I might use a Bidoof as my main pokemon! At least in the beginning.... Um, I'm also thinking of not worrying about EVs or IVs at all, you know, just playing this one for fun. I'll EV/IV all I want in Diamond. But who knows, maybe I'll change my mind :D

JD

Well I am going to train very hard and enjoy the story line and on the first day i get it i hope to get t maylene at the least I dont wanna get any farther than that on the 1st day. But I am going to trade over my level 10 elekid with a electirizer once I get to oreburgh But yeah I am picking chimmy. And I am going to probably try to get a shiny starter but my major things once I get to hearthome get eevee and once I hit route 209 ccatch a duskull
MY Team will be
Infernape
Staraptor
Floatzel
Dusknoir
Espeon
Electivire

zlxq3000

Master Collector
I'm not going to hunt for every single pokemon in the game; I already did that in Diamond, and will finish the quest in Pearl. I'll just be playing it for story and being able to control my competitive pokemon.

Unlike Emerald, I will go through BF, I will choose as a starter a pokemon that is not Grass type, I wont use legends while with the E4 and my team will be

Empoleon (Napoleon)
Bibarael (Dummy)
Electrivire (Volta)
Umbreon (Crescent)
Absol (Catastrophe)
Scizor (Crimson)-Rotom (Watt)- Houndoom (Hellhound)- Gallade (Kiri)- Gardevoir (Sakura)- Heracross (Beetle)

Unlike

Torterra
Dialga
Uxie
Azelf
Mesprit
Floatzel

iAmDewgong

Not too shabby
There are some cool pokes added to the Sinnoh Dex (NOSEPASS!), so there is a good lot to choose from.

I'd love to make a team with Yanmega or Magnezone. Especially Magny - there wasn't a good lot of Electric-types if you don't want the mainstream Luxray or the standard Pikachu.

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
Oh, and I'm going to beat the whole entire game quickly, so I can fight random trainers in the Battle Frontier. :)

I think I'm going to try and start off with Turtwig, and have a go at catching the legendary trio of Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit all over again. Not to mention Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, I'll try and catch THEM all too.

The_Jack_Attack

Experienced Trainer
I'm going to:

EV train
use Turtwig
actually make separate teams for competitive play and for ingame play
battle online more
trade online more

Different, huh? I know I'm gonna choose a different starter, that's for sure. (Piplup, if you're wondering) But other than that, I think it's just gonna be kept the same. Oh, and instead of excessive training, I'm gonna invest most of my time to battling, ie. the Battle Frontier. :)