• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are You Going to do Different?

pichu96

Train all my pokemon instead of just my starter, this was always a problem for me, I just couldn't stop training my starter.

AshMayMistyHikarifan

With the upcoming release comming, what better time for this thread?

I want to know:

What are you going to do different than you did in Diamond/Pearl?
Catching Different poke's
Starters
anything

Well, I got to train better obviously for I notice some of the Pokes are tougher to beat, and there's an element of surprise, like the trainers you encounter all have different Pokemon as those 2 trainers opposite of Veilstone gave me problems with the Driftblim! I also like the new add on format, like this Looker, the 'Lackey' by Mars, and I still got ways to go.

I got my dream team figured out, or Redeem team as I call my Pokemon fighters as it's both an element of who Dawn and Ash have on their teams: Piplup/Pickachu/Aipom/Buneary/Roselia (I know neither one have one, but the Roserade is too cool not to pass up as a team member)/and Snorunt/Froslass evolution.

I'm trying a new format: 2 of my starters that are higher up in leveling and bringing them into the gym battle and bringing in 4 other team members for training. Well, the last battle in Maylene's gym didn't quite work out as I expected. I'm evolving my Redeem Team as I got Lopunny/Ambipom, Pikachu needs Discharge, Piplup needs Hydro Pump, Roselia needs Aromatheraphy, and Snorunt is ready to be evolved to Froslass when I get around to it. Training my other caught members at the same time can be challenging as well as refighting trainers.

So far, my plan is: Fight the trainers, then fight at Maylene's gym, and now fight the trainers and save Mira in the cave, then get to Pastoria City to take on Wake. Hopefully by then, my team will finally be evolved.

Sure, I can evolve the team now to make it easier, but to not learn Discharge or Hydro Pump is a major sin! I want my team to be EXTREME and show NO MERCY when the time comes to take what is ours.

And that is: CHampions of Pokemon Platinum

Just like:
Ruby
Sapphire
Emerald
Diamond
Pearl

Teams I train, I'm more brutal then a Mike Singletary.

Redeem team:

Started off:
;393; ;025; ;315; ;427; ;361; ;190;

Ending up with:

;395; ;026; ;407; ;428; ;478; ;424;

So far:
;428; ;424; have evolved.

Badges won: 4, and Maylene gave my team a tough beating!

Next up for the team:
Rechallenge trainers
Go save Mira
More trainers
Take on Wake
Hopefully, the 4 other Pokemon will be evolved/ready for backup.

Last edited:

Trainer Emily

Fairies do exist!!!
Just realized that Star Pieces are just as important...
Instead of selling them from now on, I'll trade them to that "Boss" from Fuego Ironworks in exchange for 4 shards (1 for each color).

And save them shards for later use...for the cool moves.

Don't forget to trade your star pieces OK? If you want to teach your valued pokemon some cool moves (outrage, elemental punches, etc...and my personal fave -- SPITE)

Seryuko

I've already got a team sorted out, so i'm gonna trade from Pearl and train all 6 equally. I'm also gonna speak to everyone, and get EVERYTHING XD I also need to trade a berry over from Pearl to make poffin for Milotic. I'm gonna try and catch all the pokémon i can in Platinum before i trade over for the rest to fill out the 'dex.

Team: Espeon, Scizor, Infernape, Torterra, Milotic, Lucario

Supertails94

<--- First shiny
Well, I already have started or have done these things, but anyway...

-Different starter (formerly chimchar, now turtwig)
-Keep the cart 100% hack-free (no AR shaymin/darkrai, will make all trades on pearl)
-Pay more attention to events (I want shaymin sky forme :|) already got TRU regigigas, just need to use a friend's DS to transfer it over and catch rock/ice/steel.
-I may soft reset for a shiny... probably not though, especially since dialga/palkia and the regis are the only ones worth doing so for that I have left, and I don't really have the patience to SR thousands of times.

That's it really... the three birds are giving me a hell of a time at the moment.

anthony253520

The One And Only
im definately gonna have my team ready. and choose a different started
Im gonna use a turtwig, and i got a vaporeon, magmortor, electivire, gallade waiting to be traded over. gonna wait until the new dsi comes out to get platinum. im considering a togekiss too

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
What am going to do different:
1) Resetting for every shinies I could possibly get. (starter,legendary...)
2) Ev trained my team. (in game)
3) Go underground more often. (shards needed!)

King Edwin

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I havent gotten Platinum yet (but I will soon.) When I do, instead of making a 5 or 6 pokemon team lie I usually do, I'm just gonna use 3 pokemon. My starter( I'm gonna pick Turtwig), the Porygon that you get in eterna or whatever, and a third undecided pokemon.

Lucas1394

Master Ace Trainer
I did something stupid and also something awesome

Its different than what I did on Pearl, but really stupid. I collected all 8 badges in a rush without really raising my team. However, I did also catch Uxie and Azelf yesterday and last night, whereas in my Pearl version, I failed to catch them.

BlazingTrainer

I'm going to have brand new team selection. For example, i'll have a gen 4, gen 3, and gen 2 pokemon as my top 3 ( all starters). Then change my diamond team as well. With infernape still being the man of course!

XxShadyxX

I want to have a different party in Platinum (except my Infernape which I already had in Diamond... I want it again ^^) and I want to train as much as I did in Diamond or even more. And I will try to fill in the pokedex without trading too much Pokemon.

Da_Raichu_lova

I'm not going to use all 3 of the starters, which I haven't yet. I have raised a different team up this time. Last of all I won't trade over a lvl 100 pokemon from Diamond to help me.

Dragonfirenightmare

Master Terrador
I Trained a team of high leveled, legit pokemon that were able to boot out the elite four in one try.(I trained all six to level 70 before challenging the Elite four)

Gallade20772

GAME OVER.
I Trained a team of high leveled, legit pokemon that were able to boot out the elite four in one try.(I trained all six to level 70 before challenging the Elite four)
You don't need to. Cynthia(The champion)'s best pokemon is LV. 66. I think it's a Lucario (Fighting/steel).

Chou

Heartgold!!! <3
I decided that I'm going to ev train some pokemon xD I never did that in Diamond but with the battle frontier it seems logical..

Raichu108

Epically Awesome
I'm going to use a different starter and have my full team of 6 to be different and use pokemon i've never had the chance to use for example gligar/gliscor, or because I havent bothered in the past and ive used what everyone has used before so just want to do it that bit different

revolvingscott

I'm going to start off with an Espeon, Umbreon & Glaceon as Starters and take advantage of the open Pokédex, Houndour and Swablu have been looked at and I KNOW I'm getting a Raichu, I always do, naming it is a different matter! Although, a pokémon you have to fish for actually sounds rather great, I've never done that (except for Gyrados) or Gliscor, the possibilities are endless!

Last edited:

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Like i said 2 weeks before, I used a monotype team (with one not of that type):
- glaceon (actually he was a normal type)
- togekiss (had alot of trouble with this one: I got one with hustle and I hate that so I wanted to bread but I dd'nt realise togepi can't breed so.... I wasted alot of time... and then I finaly let him evolve and let him breed with my clefairy but then I forgot that your babypokemon is the same as your mother and my togetic was a male :mad: so I traded him with my pearl and breed him with a ditto and after 4 eggs there was a little togeppi with serene grace)
- clefable (but mine was so weak :()
- lickylicky (he became more a HM-slave then a real pokemon f my team :p)
- porygon Z (he was pretty strong but at the end he had a low level so he lost alot)
- staraptor (I had one pokemon short so at the end I took a shiny staravia of lv 16 so he had alot of catching up to do but at the elite 4 he was one of my stongest pokemon (It was also the forst time ever that I trained a staraptor)

But the game was really good... discovered alot of new cool things like the star piece trading,... the game is really improved :)
Also discovered a new tactic that I could use for a wifi-team: serene grace + ancient power (that helped me through the elite 4 =p)

buttbug

Zephyr Trainer
Got Platinum and am back into Pokemon again ^^

Anyway, the things I'm gonna do different are:

Different team with some Pokemon I haven't trained before (Rapidash, Gastrodon, Heracross, probably)

Also I'm gonna EV train more Pokemon, and I'll try and re-catch most Pokemon instead of trading them from my Diamond/Pearl games ^^