• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are You Going to do Different?

Well, I won't quit, for one thing. I've never managed to continue playing my Diamond and Pearl games.
They've been sitting in a box for quite some time..
I'll also train some Pokemon I haven't been using before, and I'll make an effort into filling my dex. :/
Oh, and I'll partake in contests now, since I've always wanted to but hadn't the chance.. n_n

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
In my pearl, i had about 5 teams of 5 or 6 pokemon, and this time i tried to use completely different pokemon. It was tough. In pearl, my main team was Infernape, Roserade, Rampardos, Honchkrow and Manaphy. The 6th pokemon was never really the same. I just kinda tried pokemon, disliked them, never used them again.

This time, trying to stay away from all the pokemon i attempted using in Pearl, I managed to find myself with Empoleon, Tangrowth, Togekiss, Staraptor and Luxray. I want to find a good solid fire pokemon to fill the void (i have a ponyta and houndoom, but neither are GREAT in my opinion). I'm going to try for a Magmortar maybe. Anywhoo, my strategy will be different altogether. Instead of finding 6 and sticking to them, ill try to train 7 or 8 main pokemon, and switch off when needed (idea taken my Paul from the anime). I like Staraptor and Togekiss, but having 2 fliers is a good way to swtich out a 7th pokemon. Anyways...that's it.
I was considereing getting another Roserade and raising it completely different. My pearl Roserade has been boosted like a mother effer in Special Attack, and knows Grass Knot, Worry Seed, Giga Drain (with Big Root), and Sludge Bomb. I ultimately decided I love my Roserade too much to have it compete with another :p

Arisu

The queen of fail
Honestly, in Diamond I had a poorly put together team. This time around I'm focusing on training different pokemon.

Cloud_765

I'm gonna change my move teaching. With Move Tutors, I can teach Pokemon moves they would not have know before. Luxray w/ Signal Beam WOOT.

Rad3n

Banned
I am going to Solo the game with a Kakuna. This is a great opportunity for me to do so. I will need to EV it and tutor it to have any hope against the steel-type Gym. I expect it to take a long time.

AshMayMistyHikarifan

Man, even though on my team I had 2 Pokemon above Candice's Pokemon levelwise, she gave both teams I had to send out a beating. I had to scrub one team, send out another team, and my second team got hammered like the first team. Had Raichu not paralyzed the Abomasnow, I would've been cooked again. The 2nd team had 4 Pokemon that were above Candice's Pokemon, and they still got hammered!

Next time: Import a Pokemon with Pokerus and get everybody infected. I think that's how well I did on DP as I had a Pokemon with Pokerus and I always put my teams back in the box by Midnight so nobody got better and my stats were higher. So far, gym 2 and 7 have really hammered my teams.

Schatten

Power Corrupts.
This time around i am going to take my time and look for decent pokemon prior to the pokemon league and just enjoy it more instead of trying to power through it with a somewhat poorly balanced team. i mean thats the best part of the game. training, finding new pokemon ecetera ecetera..

Handy?

It's that one guy
I'll start with a Chimchar, which I haven't done before. Not really special.

My team will be different, however, as I will actaully plan it this time round. I assume I will be using a:

Infernape/Floatzel/Driftblim/Gallade/Roserade/Umbreon team, as it looks like a pretty awesome line up. They're all near the start of the game, as well.

Oh, and of course this will be my reseting game. Mono Types, here I come!

mudkip master

Surf's up Mudkip
i am going to nickname my pokemon because i almost never do it now also i will breed pokemon after i have beaten the elite 4.

Indy

WAT
Well, Once my starter is fully finished changing, I'll retire him to the Pokemon Ranch once it's compatable with Platium... since I have my Vaporeon as my water backup.

I will also mass Berry Farm.

@ Mudkip Master - I always Nickname my Pokemon.

Golde

Always Searching~
In every pokemon game ever, I always just captured as I go, rather than thinking about it. However, this time, I thought about it :D

AND I still cannot beat that DAMNED Elite 4.

Indy

WAT
Would it be bad that I am going to use an All Kanto team?

I am trying to find a good replacement for my Staraptor.

SO far I have...

Jolteon
Vaporeon
Golem
Rapidash
Machamp

I beat the game with a team I bred and traded from Diamond:

Scizor, Gliscor, Electivire, Ludicolo, Houndoom, Togekiss

The first time I've ever beaten the Elite Four on the first run through and first time I've never been defeated throughout the course of the game. No defeat/resets straight through w/o a single loss. Oh, and they were all level 50-53 when I went up against the E4.

Now I'll trade them back to Diamond and reset to play through with a new team that I have yet to determine.

I am definitely going to work harder to complete my Pokedex. I don't mean just seeing the pokemon, I actually want to capture them all.

Tf5174

Just got the game today since i left at my cuzin house and forgot abot it
now probally train a whole team instead of 2 pokemon like D/P
don't give up at the battle frontier like emerald
and get into breeding more since of battle frontier

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
I'm going to:

- Actually take my time time playing.
- SR for shiny/good natured legendaries.
- Properly train a balanced team.