• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are You Going to do Different?

SelenaluvsDylan22

Goodbye Rebellion
Im gonna transfer some eggs over from pearl and build a team out of those.

Poluxi

Pokemon Collector
with this one im going to trade all pokes over in the beginning
and just take my time beating the game and for once not going to rush through everything

Shiny-Psyduck

For a starter, I will most likely use Piplup.

Thanks to the expansion of the Sinnoh dex, my pokemon team will be a lot different than my team in Diamond. I definatetly will get myself an Eevee and also a Gabite since you can get them much earlier in Platinum than in D/P.

Moo66

Most likely trade some eggs over and use different pokes than I usually do, been trying to do that as much as I can recently.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
My team will probably be something like this:

Piplup-> Prinplup -> Empoleon
Shinx-> Luxio -> Luxray
Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gallade
Houndour -> Houndoom
Swinub -> Piloswine -> Mamoswine
Shaymin (may as well use him since I have the luxury of getting Sky Forme)

Other than that, not much. I'll transfer some of my pokemon from Shadows of Almia, but I'm not sure I'm going to use them.

I'm going to use a few pokemon that I haven't used in a while, like Tropius, Absol, and Ninetales...

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Other than my Team, not much is gonna change for me.

I'm not going to use Action Replay anymore (I haven't used that in months anyway >_>). I just doesn't give me that sence of acomplishment. I was foolish for using it before.

My in-game team is going to be:
Turtwig > Grotle > Torterra
Starly > Starvia > Staraptor
Rotom
Ralts > Kirlia > Gallade
Shellos (E) > Gastrodon (E)
Snorunt > Glalie

GreenNinja

Treasure Hunter
im going to start with piplup, and maybe transfer over eggs of the team i want OR well this will be my team.

empoleon, mamoswine, gallade, magmortor, giratina and maybe magnetzone or electivire. not sure on the final spot. though i usually do well with a team of 5 ...

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
Get Turtwig.
[Got the other two already]

I'll get at least two games, one for regular gameplay, one for doing various resets.
Anyway, so.
In Diamond, I caught all the pokemon in the beginning and trained them.
In Pearl, I trained a balanced team, still basically from the beginning.
In Plat., I want to train multiple teams.
A couple single-pokemon runs, a couple mono-challeneges.
In my mainstream game, I want to raise another balanced team, but not necessarily from just the beginning of the game.
I might trade in some eggs and train it from there, or just train some pokemon I catch along the way, making a balanced team as the game progresses.

Drake #505

Breeder Brock!
Usually I start the game, pick my starter, catch the generic bird, get an HM whoar, find a couple of cool Pokemon early on in the game and raise a team from that. But when I think about it, most people do that, and that's not unique in any way and it just sounds boring. So this time around, I'll be transfering some eggs over from Pearl of the team I want. These Pokemon won't be bred for IV's, Natures, or moves and won't be EV trained, they won't be that strong. They'll be Pokemon I am fond of and like really well, a team that I imagine I would love to have if Pokemon were real.

Miltank
Scyther
Eevee [For means of Leafeon]

And then I can catch a Gligar, Psyduck, and Mareep early on to complete my wanted team. =]

My team by the E4 should look like this:
Gliscor
Scizor
Ampharos
Leafeon
Golduck
Miltank

latios reborn

I don't rightly know... I imported platatinum and I did exactly the same thind I did in Diamond but with the Aus release I do plan on using maybe a couple of different pokemon.. Like I usually use a Raichu all the time but may use Electivire this time.. And stick with Staraptor instead of importing a Pidgey over. I may change my Eevee evolution this time around also

The Red

This time, I might actually train a full team. In every Pokemon game I played after the 2nd generation, I would have the fully evolved starter at around level 70, and 5 random pawns in my party before beating the Elite Four.

Emo_Kirlia

I'm going to take it slow. In Diamond(I started Diamond on April 12 2008, the day Hitler got married. Holy f*cking Irony o.o) I just tried to speed through and that was my first game so I was a noob. (I raised my Piplup to level 100 and didn't evolve it! how stupid is that! :/) then later I ended up using AR on Diamond. I blame you Hitler-_-(jk). But those Youtube videos of catching Shaymin and walking through walls etc. are SO TEMPTING! :O and in Pearl I got used to EV training so I'm taking things one step at a time. In Diamond I went through AR and GTS Withdrawal/My noob phase,Pearl I'm EV training and not using GTS and going to Events, and in Platinum I'm planning to learn about IV's and Egg moves.

Ghost Dialga

Master Trainer
Many things, but I'll just list the big ones.
1. NO cheating
2. Make an attempt to change up my team
3. Train them all in a balanced manner (did that at the start of Diamond, didn't work. I got practice from restarting Silver and Emerald though. :D)4
4. Take things nice and slooow. (I rush through Pokémon games too fast)
5. Try to stop using HM slaves. (I use Floatzel for mine, no Bibarel.)

If I can succeed in all of these, I shall be pleased.

ayeeprill

Shorts Boy- my hero!
I'm not going to evolve Piplup!

And I plan to get a Togekiss, a Leafeon, and a Gardevoir from the new available Pokemon.

But i'm still using my top three! (Piplup, Buneary, Pachirisu)

Mostly because no fire types appeal to me aside from Vulpix and Growlithe.

latios reborn

I'm also going to try my hand at EV training a coupel of Pokemon.. (Glaceon for one)

I'll be playing a lot slower than what I do with Diamond.

I won't cheat that much (I did now that I've restarted Diamond... legendary run ftw).

I'll pre-plan my team. I want a powerful, well balanced team to play with.

Shadow Dialga

Im going to change my team up from Diamond Version!

fhqwhgads

Date I beat Pearl: April 23rd, 2006.
Time to beat Pearl: 19:36

Guess what I'm going to do different?