• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are You Going to do Different?

Gladeshadow

I'm going to choose Turtwig as my starter this time since i had Piplup in Diamond and Chimchar in Pearl.
I'll also have a different team from before but i've not decided which pokemon i'll have yet.

Samsara

Believe
I'm curious as to at what point i can xfer over some of my Diamond pokemon onto platinum. The fact that i don't have access to another DS, definitely makes it a bit interesting in how i plan on getting my TRU Shaymin over.

Picking up Piplup this time and gonna soft reset til i get a modest one.

I figure that this team should have no problem steamrolling E4 + Stark Mountain:
-Empoleon
-Gardevoir
-Houndoom
-Gliscor
-Shaymin-S
-Heracross

Ever since RBY, i've used Gyarados/Jolteon/Gengar/Alakazam/HMSLAVE/Starter (usually grass) whenever available so i figure that this is a good change for me.

Last edited:

fhqwhgads

I'm curious as to at what point i can xfer over some of my Diamond pokemon onto platinum. The fact that i don't have access to another DS, definitely makes it a bit interesting in how i plan on getting my TRU Shaymin over.
Find someone on here to do it over Wi-Fi.

EmeraldPhoenix

Shiny Hunter
This time I'm gonna do one of two things:

1. take full advantage of the new Sinnoh Dex upgrade and make a good team without using Chimchar or Ponyta. (GOSH I hated the limitations on fire types.)

2. make a team and go through the entire game without ever evolving any of my team. ie. keep my piplup as a piplup even at the elite 4, etc.

the second idea is something I've been wanting to do for a while now and I can't bring ymself to restart ym Diamond since I JUST got the natl pokedex today on my 3rd run through. (Azelf is a B**** to catch...always has been for me.)

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm going to pick Turtwig this time.

I will also pick some Pokemon that were added on the Sinnoh Dex.

chewitt

i started with piplup in diamond, and i probably wont in platinum. its always fun to start with a water pokemon, but their clearly the easiest starter to begin with.

Mikaga

Importing Trainer
I'm going to try a very ambitious challenge: Completing the Pokédex so it lists everything in order.

That means seeing the male of every species for the first time before seeing the female. It also means seeing the Unown in the order A, B, C... through Z then ? and finally !. Plus a number of other tricky things like seeing certain versions of Gastrodon, Wormadam, Castform etc. in a given order.

koosbane

master breeder
I will start with turtwig since I started with chimchar in pearl.

I probably will send over some eggs and pretty much make my team ahead of time I know I want to use buizel, ever since I seen how cool ash's buizel is in the show.

Slayer

Life's a Beach.
I'm going to catch a pokemon and use it as my starter
Rather then one if the 3 normal starters

I don't know what guy though
It has to be pretty early in the game too

Edit: I'm going to use ralts
A male one with a adamant nature
Send over a crap load of eggs till I get a high if male ralts

Last edited:

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
Start off with a specially EV trained Croagunk traded from my diamond. Basically it has all its EVs and is at level 7.

fhqwhgads

That means seeing the male of every species for the first time before seeing the female. It also means seeing the Unown in the order A, B, C... through Z then ? and finally !. Plus a number of other tricky things like seeing certain versions of Gastrodon, Wormadam, Castform etc. in a given order.
Gonna soft reset a ton.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I'm not going to get this game.

Mikaga

Importing Trainer
Gonna soft reset a ton.

Yeah. And the kicker is probably going to be the trainers who have like four new things. Wait... are the genders of trainer-owned ones preset? I'd have to trade those from Diamond beforehand. Good thing there aren't any trainers in Route 201 that might muck things up.

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
I chose Piplup in Diamond and Turdwig in Pearl so I think I'll go with Chimchar in Platinum.

Averyy

Ima firin' muh lazer
I chose Piplup in Diamond and Turdwig in Pearl so I think I'll go with Chimchar in Platinum.
Haha... I'm so immature sometimes.

On topic though, not sure who I'm going to pick for my starter now. It was originally Chimchar because there aren't many fire or fighting pokemon, also because if I got Piplup or Turtwig then I wouldn't be able to get those types of pokemon unless I had an unbalanced team :| I'll just stick with Chimchar but completely switch up my team.

Fire Storm

First of all, I'm going to breed my team ahead of time on Pearl, and transfer them to Platinum at the first opportunity. The trick is getting all the EV's prior to level 5...

Long term, I will be making Platinum my competitive game, as I do with each of the third games (Emerald and Crystal anyway...). My Pearl will become by breeding game, and Pokemon will only be transferred to Platinum when ready for EV training and competitive battling. My Pokedex will only get filled when I have one of each Pokemon fully trained.