• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are You Going to do Different?

Lionz xD

Experienced trainer
For once im gonna try an ev train my poke btw is it bttr to ev train in the beginning of the game or later on after ive unlocked places to train?

Bl4stoise

For once im gonna try an ev train my poke btw is it bttr to ev train in the beginning of the game or later on after ive unlocked places to train?

If you are battling in game, it really doesn't matter if you EV train or not. Well, it may matter but the difference it makes for In-game isn't worth the trouble. Its only worth Ev training pokes for competitive battling and the battle Tower.

Ekaru

To be honest, it depends on whether you can transfer the PokeRUS (easy to get if you have WiFi, or can go to a local hotspot; some people like me are willing to just give it to you) and Power Items to Platinum. If you can, sure, do it at the beginning. If you can't, wait til you can get those items (and organize a time to get the PokeRUS), and then train some new ones. I assure you that getting 10+ EV per Pokemon (or 5+ if you can't get the PokeRUS) you beat will make it a lot less frustrating than getting 1 to 3 per, especially when you can fight trainers with the VS Seeker, which really speeds up things (Magikarp guy, anyone?)

EDIT: Though I would wait til post-dex either way, because it can be time consuming, and ingame isn't that hard (unless it's well into a Battle Tower streak, or something similar). Just make sure your Pokemon are level 50+ by the time you reach the E4, and you'll be fine.

As for what I'm doing different? Transferring some Naughty Charmander eggs with the moves I want, and ditching my starter (Chimchar, I dislike it, but choosing it so my rival chooses the water starter), transferring power items (don't want to get those later, if I'm transferring I might as well get it over with), a Slugma, ect. Then after I've done my transferring, I'll play the game like normal, just with Charmander and the power items, and maybe not ending up with 5/6 of my team traded. Otherwise I'll play as usual, fighting all the trainers and grinding to level 45 at Iron Island included.

...I need less time on my hands.

Last edited:

zipzap713

@Peteyism
I'm going to do nothing different. I will trade over the 3 Pokemon I want in my party at the start of the game, and keep that party throughout the game, while only having other Pokemon for HMs. Although, I am still thinking about what Pokemon I will use. Lucario and Drifblim for sure, but I don't know what the 3rd Pokemon will be.

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
When, and if, I do some one-pokemon runs.
I'll trade over some cloned mews for HM *****s. Makes it so much easier.

Starting with Turtwig, for once.
At the end, I'll probably make a real online team.
My Diamond team was basically, just rookies from the beginning of the game I caught and trained. Staraptor. <3
My pearl team was balanced, but I didn't know any movesets or how they worked, so I probably have one of the worst movesets for my team. xD
Poor Infernape. xD

Cyclone

^ where it all began
I'm only going to use two or three Pokemon. I always use 6, but the more you have, the weaker they are as a whole.

Alvmew

I hate Miltanks now.
Using new Pokemon in my team (Rotom, Abomasnow, and Garchomp) that I've never used before, exploring more, and actually bothering to do Super Contests.

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
I'll probably make a FULL team before the Elite Four, so that I don't have to use any legendaries or random strong pokemon I've caught and left in the PC.

I can't decide on which starter to chose though D:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
This is what I'll do...
Pick Piplup so in all 3 games I have picked all different starters
Diamond- Turtwig
Pearl- Chimchar
Platinum (when I get it)-Piplup
And I won't migrate as much I migrate WAY too much as it is.

giradialkia

...i'm gonna.. Get a different flying type (sick of Staraptor.. I actually had a Honchkrow which was pretty cool, but i'd like a change.. Not sure yet). Actualy catch all of the legendary trio- my pearl has an excellent file, tho for some reason i didn't catch uxie or azelf, which i now regret. I'd also get a fossil pokemon on my team (whichever one is available to Platinum before the E4, be it Cranidos or Shieldon).

ceruleancitybluez

Cerulean Gym Trainer
I'm going to transfer 1 or 2 of the Baby Pokemon that I've been breeding from my Pearl version and start with them at the beginning of the game. I've breeding them for Egg Moves and I never got Diamond so I wasn't able to send them over to a new game and train them.
Like I have:
(F) Ekans that knows Poison Fang and Poison Tail and
(M) Koffing that knows Psybeam, Spite, and Psywave
(F) Pichu that knows Volt Tackle
(M) Horsea that knows Signal Beam and Octazooka
(M) Bellsprout that knows Ingrain and Magical Leaf
(F) Remoraid that knows Bullet Seed

I don't which I'll choose but I'm still doing some more and that'll be one of the things I'll do different.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
I'll have 3 teams. 1 non-legendary rounded team, 1 legendary team, 1 dragon based team. =p

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Breed the moves i want on the pokemon. Change my team and dont stick to my layout

Champion Wallace

Champion Trainer
what i will do...

im planning on getting empoleon garchomp weavile milotic raichu and shaymin sky form kool hey! ;492-s;;026;;350;;461;

mewfanforlife

I'm going to change my team up a bit to use some of the new additions to the Sinnoh Dex, but other than that, nothing will be that different for me.