• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are You Going to do Different?

Melloyu

Catching less pokemon before beating the E4
Leaving my legendaries UTed
Catching 6 pokemon in the begin and use them until the E4

Calm PokeMaster

When I FINALLY get my NDS Lite and Platinum in December(I have been playing on my comp.)I will use the foll.

Infernape
Roserade
Togekiss
Gyarados
Jolteon
Gengar/Alakazam(trade with my friend on the GTS or union room.)

Mrpuc

Shocked!
I have already started...but i decided at the beginning to not pick piplup, it makes it so much easier without!

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
i'm going to train my pokemon better

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Well I just started Platinum and so far what I've done differently includes.

-Choosing Turtwig. I've always used water starters up until now.
-Not using the generic bird Pokemon you catch at the beginning (I traded over a HootHoot instead)
-Training my pokemon early instead of just continuing and being under leveled.
-For gym battles I use the same amount of Pokemon as the gym leader.

Thats about it. My current team includes: Turtwig, Shinx, HootHoot, Larvitar, and Houndour.

Agarth

Mad Breeder
Not much really, pick starter and make my way to the Pokeleague and after that get Dex completed and start building an Imba team with enough back-ups

frozenthunder

Master Breeder
i will have my pokemon start all at level 1 and possibly give them egg moves
which means SR ing till the starter is a girl
deciding on a team that is diverse and has multiple purposes for later in the battle frontier

pokemaster001

i will have my pokemon start all at level 1 and possibly give them egg moves
which means SR ing till the starter is a girl
why does that mean SRing until it's a girl?

Tf5174

He means he is going to soft restart an till the starter is a female.

Warstrike

I'm going to not hack this time like I did in Diamond. So I traded all my not hacked pokemon from Diamond to Platinum and start a new by trying to catch all of them myself. That took awhile, XD

pokemaster001

fatyeti4

Master of War
i made a 6 pkmn team, first time in sinnoh i ever did that.

shinyspilingeo

Pokemon Master
I am acually gonna catch Lugia bc in Silver i killed him, and i am gonna get a Mareep, and all new pokemon

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
I'm going to not complete the pokedex and have all pokemon in boxes like I'm trying in Diamond right now XD

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I am acually gonna catch Lugia bc in Silver i killed him, and i am gonna get a Mareep, and all new pokemon

You do know this thread is for Platinum right?

Pokedragonman

A Császár
I am going to keep my starter at Turtwig other than that Im not going to do much different but good bye Bibarel hello Roserade, good bye Luxray hello Garchomp and good bye Lumineon hello Gyarados