• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are You Going to do Different?

LemonadeCorp

←Gimme a beer! Now!!
Since im gonna try to get all the shinys possible *-------*
Giratina, Starters, Legendaries, Giratina *-*, Legendary Birds, Giratina, and i think Giratina too :p
And im gonna make a new team =D
Oh i forgot, i wanna get a shiny giratina xD

Lucario Master Chris

Master of Psychics
I always treat my third game the same way. Insted of using a good, well balanced team like I always do in one of the first two, I'm gonna use a team of my faves. Four Eevee evolutions and two Lucarios, maybe subbing in a Milotic if I can find one (or trade one over).

I'm gonna finally put together that Trick Room team idea I've been kicking around since I got Diamond and put together "Project Platinum", an assortment of ten to fifteen really good Pokemon that can be rotated in and out of a team and work well together (I'm working on "Project Diamond" right now).

Gin_no_Soyokaze

Steel Type Trainer
I'm going to take this opportunity to capture legendaries with the correct natures this time around. The first time, in Diamond, I was just looking to capture for the Pokedex entries. (Stupid, stupid, stupid!) I also traded off my Azelf the first time around. At least now, I can replace that.

xonraider

I'm not sure, probably trade over a Gible and Dratini and use them along with Chimchar

And not just use attack moves.

LeoP2008

Trainer/Coordinator
Mostly, I'm just gonna use the pokemon in my sig. Play purely for fun, sit back, and enjoy the ride....

Oh!! And I forgot to add...
1.) No Overuse of TM/HM.
..... Gyarados will be allowed Surf but only because it is the Flamethrower of Water~type Pokemon
..... NO ONE will learn Strength.
..... A stand~in Pokemon will learn the other HMs.
..... If a Pokemon learns a TM move naturally, I will not force it to learn the move prematurely.

2.) I will actually attempt to catch legendaries.
.....I still won't use them but hey, I haven't really tried to catch one since Yellow.
.....If I need the experience, this change will be void.

3.) I will catch more than my chosen 6 Pokemon.
..... I probably will never use any of them but still, the idea of Pokemon is to catch 'em all, right??

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Im going to train my starter only...(chossing infernape)...caugth usseles pokemon(hell lots of them)...beat the league and trade with my pearl all the cool pokemon i have in it (almost 250) like if theres no tomorrow...God bless the tutors!!!!
gonna use my pearl to get easy tm`s and shinny legends(soft resets)...
Finnally own the battle facilities with the pokemon i traded...Stage and castle are going to be hard.
Besides i hate pokemon contest(they suck...why did the creators put them anyway?) i have to do them again for that star in my trainer card....
And complete the pokedex...
At least 400 hours of gameplay for this.

pokemaster001

I'm going to take this opportunity to capture legendaries with the correct natures this time around. The first time, in Diamond, I was just looking to capture for the Pokedex entries. (Stupid, stupid, stupid!) I also traded off my Azelf the first time around. At least now, I can replace that.
the only thing that you said that made sense was when you said I can replace that, because of trading away Azelf and wanting an Azelf.

what I'm going to do differently, plan my team, and not just catch pokemon I find and say "hey, this should make a good addition to my team"4 were random in diamond, 2 were random in pearl, 0 will be random in platinum
now I just need to know what the good pokemon would be. I might want a Lucario or something, and what should I have as a flying type?

I'm going to pick a different starter and use a monotype team. I'm thinking I'll pick Chimchar and then only use a fire-type team; at least until I beat the E4.

rickasaur

Ice trainer
I'm not just gonna use ice and ghost type pokemon anymore. Im thinking of using a well balanced team and actually catch shiny's. I never bother to catch them.

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
I am going to reset every legendary pokemon untill i get a good nature(same with starter).

I am going to replat berries after i take from the ground...

I am going to EV train earlier.

I am going to get Pipulp (Sp.?) probably.

I am going to......to.....to.....

Ms.Accord

♪How do I look?♪
I'll pick a different starter this time!! A Chimchar to be exact, and maybe this Time I'll try training a different team and to get a Cresselia with the right nature.

Xx Flare xX

I'm gonna try and get over 100 leppa berries during the main storyline (in other words before beating the Elite 4),
get all my pokemon to 80+ (including HM slaves) for the Elite 4 and
aim for all the new features :D:D:D

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm gonna be changing my team a little I'm sure, I'll pick Turtwig instead of Piplup, make the Elite Four easier, and I'm going to do a lot more training so I don't get to the Elite Four and lose over and over.

gabecrz

i wanna play the game not just train my 6 pokemon i want to actually fight all the people and do the contests and just enjoy the game.