• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are You Going to do Different?

I'll always choose chimchar, but I think I'll transfer some pokemon from d/p that I have been breeding, mostly because I always play the game fair and now its gotten boring having raised the same pokemon that have been avaliable from the start (starly, budew, shinx, etc). I want some different pokemon to train ^-^. I also never paid attention to natures unless I was ev training, but now I'll pay attention to those from the start.

I'm going to use a totally different team. :3

Torterra, Houndoom, Vaporeon, and Staraptor.

I'm not going to use an electric type at all during the game.

Emerald_Infectiion

Little Big Dreamer
Haha, I changed my mind. XD

I think I'll choose Chimchar this time around! :3
Turtwig's awesome and all, but after lots of thought & going through watching more Pokémon and the 10th movie again, I decided the Chimchar ist the best one for meh! X3
I'm also gonna see about trading in a Pichu I recently traded for.

... No idea what else'll change, though. XD

JD

Well first
I am going to pick chimmy caych as starly and all the other pokemon in that area and once I hit valley windworks I will get a buizel ay hearthome I a goinf to get evee and at route 209 I am gonna get a duskull and once I get surf I will get a magnemtie at fuego ironworks
Infernape
Magnezone
Floatzel
Staraptor
Espeon/Umbreon
Dusknoir

Visual

Nine one six ~
Well, I am definitely going to use a different team this time. Probably choosing Turtwig as a starter since I chose Chimchar in Diamond. I am still not sure what other Pokemons to choose. I am going to try to catch Pokemons that are going to be in my team with the right nature. I am planning to EV train my in-game team after I catch them, if that's possible.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I chose Turtwig in Diamond (run-through two, the first time I chose Piplup) so I might choose Chimchar this time. I definitely want a Togekiss on my ingame team, as well as a Glaceon. I'm going to try to defeat the Frontier (like that would happen lol)

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
I'm going to start with Chimchar, I havent before.
As always, I'm going to have fun, not waste my valuable life rising IV/EV whatevers.

markoboy123

umbreon!!!
This time I'll choose that fire monkey starter (its name appears to decieve me at this time) due to the conciderable lack of fire Pokemon in the sinnoh region.

in platinum are more fire pokemon, thinking of flareon(earlier) magmortar (and pre-evo's)ponyta... was already there, houndour houndoom. so thats alot more

EDIT: i forgot that you could trade over from D/P so like charizard and blaziken... or what ever you like

Pinksizzors

I likes bugs
First off I'm going to use a different starter (same as most other people by the looks of things)
Second I'm going to take my time and enjoy the storyline, because in pearl I rushed through it so I could transfer my pokemon.
Finally I'm going to train a team specifically for the battle frontier.

Gallade20772

GAME OVER.
Well, I might use my master ball on ;487-o; or ;492-s;.[BANNER]Join the RKGG Group if you like the Ralts evolution![/BANNER]

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
Rate my starting team, I plan to final evolve them all:

starter: turtwig

Dratini
Charmander
Squirtle
Nidoran (male)
Riolu
Jolteon
Ryhorn
Ghastly
Raltz (male)

The first 5 will be egg-hatched within platinum, the others will be traded and trained. I plan on using these guys as my main team, and then subbing them in and out as the gym pertains.

I figured I covered most types, other than ice and dark. What do you think?

Lucario_Dragon

Im gonna trade over level 5 riolu and buizel and try and do the game with only them and hm slaves. Only riolu can evolve and only before the elite four. Got them ready, (caught a shiny buizel so he's in) now i just have to wait for the game :(.

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
Im gonna trade over level 5 riolu and buizel and try and do the game with only them and hm slaves. Only riolu can evolve and only before the elite four. Got them ready, (caught a shiny buizel so he's in) now i just have to wait for the game :(.

good luck.

JD

that seems tough

Well, I might use my master ball on ;487-o; or ;492-s;.[banner]Join the RKGG Group if you like the Ralts evolution![/banner]

Shaymin isnt even wild and my opinion dont use master ball on giratina.

Last edited by a moderator:

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Umm, so yea, don't double post or only type 2 words. Iirc, it's against the rules.

Anyway, I'll trade Shaymin and a few others over from Pearl, restart pearl, and manage to get the 2 starters I didn't choose so I'll have all 3 starters in Platinum. I'll probably keep Staraptor as my flying and Luxray as my electric. As fo my 6th wildcard pokemon, I don't know who I'll choose, but it'll probably be Espeon or Garchomp.

I'll battle every trainer outside of the E4 and Victory Road by the time I get my 8th badge, and I'm going to try and get all of the Arceus plates and such at my earliest convenience.

I guess I'll also catch every pokemon I can before the E4, which will help in completing my pokedex, or getting it near completion.

I'm planning on winning Master Rank in all of the Super Contests before the E4, and I want to catch a Feebas & evolve it as well.

So pretty much, I'm doing a lot of stuff the same way I've always done it, but I'm going to be more ambitious with ctching, battling, and training.

brisngr9021

VVV Post VVV
Not use the GTS before the E4, thus using a traded Alakasam to beat everyone for me...(Or, like my first file for Diamond, I traded a Starly lv.2 for a shiny lucario lv.47 with pokerus and a macho brace. Legit. Lol the Japaneese really wanted english characters XD)
Get a more rounded team, instead of Empoleon, Inferape, Torterra, Luxray, Staraptor, and Golem. (f------ ice types whooped my little a--)...

Start with a Turtwig OR Chimchar. Never started with them...
Yeah thats about it.
Does anyone know if you can get Dialga and Palkia like Groudon and Kyrouge etc?

Cappie

Advanced trainer
I'm going to choose another starter in the beginning of the game. Also, when I got diamond I didn't know about EVs so now when I get platinum I'm aware of it and will start EV-training from the beginning.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
I shall be a better trainer! With different tactics! And,I'll actually try and train other Pokemon instead of my starter for most of my pre elite four journey!

..Oh,and I'll get a Chimchar starter instead of Piplup.

Fission

⚡ splitting · atoms
I'm going to pick Turtwig since I've never gotten past two badges with him in DP.
I'm not going to only train my starter - usually I go through with just Infernape and she ends up sweeping the entire Elite 4 by herself.
I will train a Gyarados!
Like a lot of people, I'm planning on taking my time and progressing through the game slowly... I'd like to catch all of the Pokemon in the new Sinnoh dex before I try to beat the E4, if this is possible.
I'm never going to restart this file - this has been a problem with every single video game I've ever played, but I'm going to KEEP this file.
I'm going to try to get my Wifi trading working. It's never worked with my DP files for some reason...
I'm going to work towards getting a five-star trainer card, since I've never even gotten close before and I'd love to indulge my perfectionist/completionist dream file.

I'm very excited about it as you can tell. *v*