• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are You Going to do Different?

Cobalt_Latios

I'm probably just going to use a different starter. My strategy for every Pokemon game thus far has worked out pretty well, so I'm sticking to it.

*C_L*

EkwEE

Asha'man M'Hael
Holy crap I haven't posted in a while...

Lesss see. I only got Platinum because my brother and I are going to be battling. I EV trained my team on pear than I have several other EV' trained teams from previous games that I transferred over.

I've rotated starters in each game that I own so I get a different feel for everyone. But I despise Chimchar and I have a D/with Torterra and P/with Empolean

I was going to choose the ******* Blaziken remix but now with Houndoom I don't have too (We also get a worth while fire type thank god). I also might play with Jolteon or Umbreon my two favorite Eeveelutions. I want to play with some of the more exotic pokes. Toxicroak is looking pretty cool. I definitely want to try a Gallade and Togekiss/Electivire/Magmortar have appealed to me since D/P came out, I just never got around to them. So we'll see.

I'm thinking my team will look something like....

Torterra (By far the coolest grass evolution in all the gens)
Houndoom
Toxicroak
Umbreon/Jolteon
Bastiodon/Gallade
Milotic/Garchomp

Something along those lines.

Angel Xtreme

First, soft reset for a Timid Piplup. (Done)
Then I'm gonna trade 5 EV pokémon from Diamond. (Buneary, Budew, Ralts, Snorunt and Misdreavus, all Female).
I'm gonna soft reset for good Nature Legendaries. (I didn't do it on Diamond)
Apart from that, everything will be the same, I guess.

books

Not a Beginner
I picked a Chimchar instead of a Piplup this time around, and I refused to accept the Pokedex from Rowan twice. It was amusing, to say the least.

Cobalt_Latios

I'm probably going to trade over a Riolu this time around; I know, Lucario is my favorite, having it early is just a nice little tidbit ;).

Aside from that, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe trade over a Quick Ball to catch myself an Abra earlier on.

*C_L*

i just got platinum, and i did a couple new things.

i started out with piplup
i got myself a ralts and shinx.

im gonna atempt to beat the E4 WITHOUT using a legend, or use 1.
and im not gonna hack in this game

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
-Battle every trainer outside of a Gym

-Train my Pokemon at least five levels higher than the Gym Leaders

-Not lose a single time

-Not train my Lucario as much. My Diamond one was at level 84 or 85 before the end of the game

-Try a different team. My current team is Infernape lvl 37, Staraptor lvl 35, Eevee lvl 25?, Scyther lvl 22, and HM Slave lvl 6.

-Actually train a Buizel

ceruleancitybluez

Cerulean Gym Trainer
Well I've been breeding bady Pokemon on my Pearl version so I'm thinking that I might transfer/trade some to Platinum and train them on there to make it challenging. I'm also going to take me time and enjoy the game and it's story since I sort of rushed through my Pearl game after Hearthome City.
I think I'll transfer my Lv.1 Meowth first. The game is pretty awesome! ^ ^

Sparkleo

Low on power...
I heard you can trade in eggs of Non-sinnoh pokemon from D/P to Plat.

If so, rather than going through all the Bidoof and Shinx and Zubat around here, I'll be bringing in 5 good egg-move mon eggs after my first Gym battle.

Mareep (To evolve into an Ampharos)
Eevee (For Umbreon)
Buneary
Need to find two more...

Still using a Chimchar, though...

Last edited:

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I'm going to raise a Togepi and possibly a Gastrodon/Rapidash as well.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Contrary to how I usually play, I'm not going to worry too much about natures and moves for my team as I play through the game. Once I get to the Battle Frontier, I'll re-breed them all for competitive play.

stephenrayswann

boredom....its wierd
I will train my pokemon more thoroughly, i will catch more pokemon, i will battle more trainers, i will......i don't know what else there is to do? ;492-s;

waterballoon

Aspiring Coordinator
I'm still gonna train 4 Pokemon as usual, this time it'll be easier cos there's Tropius now. Just love all these sexy HM slaves!

I think I'll still pick Piplup for my starter (that penguin is just too adorable). And finally there's a cool and decent Fire pokemon! Magmamortar... or however you spell his name. I think I'll go with Pokemon I don't really use in Pearl this time... like Toxicroak or something.

Thank God Platinum came loaded with many more Pokemon, so it's even more fun to choose Pokemon for the starting team now!

Fae t'il

.Cute Dementia.
Going to actually train and catch pokemon, instead of rushing headfirst and going off blind luck. (( It's funner than you think. ))

Also going to farm berries so I don't end up running out in a day, and... try to figure out the personality thing for my Pokemon. Though, so far I'm still confused on it all. xD

sockyskarmie

Instead of using piplup, I am dumping him and training a seel and mareep!
I'm also not going to base this game so much around training, but I don't know what.

Contests are way too easy... I already beat each one in my Pearl. Any ideas?

Wisest Celebi

Tiny Powerhouse
I'm still using Turtwig like on Diamond.
This time I'm getting all three legends: Dialga, Palkia, and of course...GIRATINA!!!!
Basicly, I'm going to do the same thing like when I was on Diamond: capture all first stages of a pokemon and train them to be the strongest.
Also....I'm gonna transfer my Manaphy from Diamond to Platinum.