• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are you nitpicky about?

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
I'm OCD about anything i buy, it has to be in perfect condition and i take extra care with it, especially game consoles.

Like my 3DS, it had 1 dead pixel and i sent it back.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
You would hate me because sometimes at the store if I have something in the basket and I decide I don't want it, I'll just put it on a random shelf somewhere. Even if its something frozen.

Wtf, you do know we have to throw that away right?

Any little imperfections on my stuff. Like for instance I just realised that my new FC Barcelona jersey got a little dirty, and it really irritated me -_-

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
I am OCD with lights. They must be off if you are not in the room. It pisses me off when my siblings leave their bedroom light on and they are not in it :/

I have similar problems with light too.
I cannot sleep with light on.
Not sure why.
If a roommate or sibling leaves a nightlight on ,I cant sleep and have to wait until they fall asleep to turn it off.
Or ask them to turn it off if its not that of a problem to them.
Its really annoying.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
I have similar problems with light too.
I cannot sleep with light on.
Not sure why.
If a roommate or sibling leaves a nightlight on ,I cant sleep and have to wait until they fall asleep to turn it off.
Or ask them to turn it off if its not that of a problem to them.
Its really annoying.

Same here ... Sleep = Lights Off

Another thing i found i am OCD about is that i always have to slam my hand onto a metal door if i am walking on carpet. Hate static.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I have problems with certain numbers. I hate the odd numbers. Suppose I download a song and now I have 223 songs. No, I will download another until I hit 224 and that is. I can't change this on Serebii though, so I control myself pretty nicely <3
But yes. I hate 1,3,5.7,9 numbers and so on...

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
3 things
1 in the stronghold games my place is neat tidy and organized
2 minecraft
3 it once took me an hour to lace up my shoe nOt tie but to lace it recently

There are more but I don't feel like sharing everything

ebevan91

Wtf, you do know we have to throw that away right?

Well it's not like I do it on a regular basis. I've done it maybe like 3 times.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Um, everything (I was legitimately diagnosed with OCD). Not fun.Also, I'm with everyone else on the usage of OCD on this thread. You can't just make light of mental disorders like that, especially if you don't know the impact. It's like calling something 'gay' or 'retarded' because you don't like it. I don't think you should use 'OCD' anymore on this thread.

Last edited:

Dark Dranzer

Brushing my teeth, I'm so paranoid about making sure that I don't go to the dentists on a frequent basis to have my teeth pulled out. I always spend 5 minutes brushing my teeth and I can't go without repeating the process every morning and night.

Camogie

I am very OCD with my books. They need to be organised by writer, they must be of the same height when they are in the same series and yeah.. stuff like that :)

Blummers

I'm OCD about ambient noise. If there's too much around, I get very flustered and annoyed. It's ok in public places, but if I'm at home, it really annoys me.

Doodles

Espurr will HM01 you
Everything? xD One thing comes to mind right away:

My laptop keyboard always manages to have a crumb or an eyelash or something stuck in a key, and I HATE that! I spend way too much time cleaning my keyboard.

Dr. Koga

Master Pokehunter
I have to make sure every color goes together in a house

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Maybe a better name for this thread would be "what are your personal neuroses?". Or would neurosis be a misnomer here too?

I can be pretty neurotic about quite a few things. Transportation is one of them. I always need to make sure every door in a car I'm in is locked. It might be because once I accidentally opened the door of a moving car and nearly fell out of it.

I'm particular about public transit too. When I'm in a bus I always want to be in the rightmost seat in the middle of the bus. It's probably because I really want to see where I'm going. The middle is the closest elevated part to the front of the bus and you can't see out the windshield from a left seat. I also can't stand riding in a seat that faces the opposite of the direction I'm riding. I'll never sit in a "backwards" seat. Trains are similar. I always want to sit in the "head" of the train, the closest seat to the front. If I get on a bus or train and the seat I prefer is full, I take the closest (fore-facing) seat to it and get into the preferred seat as soon as it's empty.

Also, I have some green and orange plates in my cupboard which I always have to be stacked in alternating colours. It really bothers me when they aren't stacked like that.

I can be really neurotic in the bathroom too. I always have to be sure I've wiped myself completely dry before I get off the toilet. That one I think is the cause of my sister's ******* of an ex. He told me that she said I smelled like poop and thought I didn't wipe myself properly, so now I always make very sure that I do. Apparently he lied about that, but I'm still really paranoid about that and use a lot of paper when I go to the bathroom now.

I never feel safe in a house that doesn't have locked doors. That's another thing I got from him. When he was with my sister, he'd always appear in the house without any warning, and I got sick of it so now I always lock the house's doors so that I'll always know if someone comes in.

I am OCD with lights. They must be off if you are not in the room. It pisses me off when my siblings leave their bedroom light on and they are not in it :/

I'm with you there. It's a waste of energy to leave lights on (and I also think I bought that rumour that electric lights were carcinogenic at one point) so when people do it it really bugs me.

Speaking of bugs, I'm really particular about insect terminology and always have to correct people who call them the wrong thing. It bothers me when people call spiders insects (does anyone still think spiders are insects now?) and I'm always sure never to call something a bug if it isn't an insect in the order hemiptera (and suborder heteroptera now, apparently). A beetle isn't a bug. A cockroach isn't a bug either. A worm isn't even an insect, darnit!

Needless to say, I find the name of the "bug" type very much ironic, considering there can't be more than one or two pokémon within the type that are based on actual bugs (surskit is one of the few, resembling a water strider).

As a final pokémon-related note, I can't use any pokémon that doesn't have a name. I'd probably shun a shiny unobtainable pokémon on the Global Trade Centre if it was nameless.

Also typing pokémon this much reminds me that I've taken to always being sure to include the accent in the word "pokémon". This was easy when I managed to get my spell check to correct it, but now for some reason it doesn't anymore which means I often have to open a new page that contains the "é" in a different tab to copy and paste it into the word. Stupid English keyboard not having accents.

I get pretty "Obsessive Compulsive [Personality] Disorder" (btw, OCD isn't an adjective) about things I have no control over. Namely, things that are un-even.
I saw chairs at a McDonalds in Poland once, one edge was rounded, and the other was rectangular. . .
I nearly blew a gasket. . .

(btw, OCD isn't an adjective)

Believe me I know, but at the time I made this thread I honestly didn't know any synonyms that wouldn't offend people m(_ _)m
I should've done my research before making this thread (;一_一)

Last edited: