• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are you studing in college/high school?

Ryker101

Yes. You have to take all the way up to Calc 2 (some might thing it’s a bit hard) and take a bunch of other mathematical classes like “Discreet Math” (also this could be an American/Canadian thing) technically none of these classes are required to preform computer related jobs but the excuse is “you use the same thinking skills”.

Sometimes I wanna cry and sometimes it’s really interesting. I will say that you should be prepared to be studying quite often.
Sounds tough, thanks for sharing man

Yeah the coding seems interesting but all the math might put me off, ig it’s like physics where it’s both theoretical but applied with maths

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Decided to commit to Environmental Science. Got alot of sh!t to commit after summer since I’ve flunked Pre-Cal which was a requirement (was entirely my fault as I’m total dogsh!t at Pre-Cal)

bichyungu

Studied Finance in University, Dropped out. Studied Programming in College. Changed to Web Development.
Now, not in college. I still study everything. I mean it. Free online courses in Business, Management, Healthcare, ICT, Tourism & Hospitality, Fitness, Science, Psychology, Digital Marketing, Leadership.
Anything that is free is anything I will learn.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Studied Finance in University, Dropped out. Studied Programming in College. Changed to Web Development.
Now, not in college. I still study everything. I mean it. Free online courses in Business, Management, Healthcare, ICT, Tourism & Hospitality, Fitness, Science, Psychology, Digital Marketing, Leadership.
Anything that is free is anything I will learn.
I recommend watching videos of Andrew ng about machine learning and deep learning.
It is very good and interesting

SummerHaze

that's interesting. I'm a final year students right now (I study Computer Science). Right now I combine work and study and working on autobiographical essay. Luckily I found writing service to help me with my writings. They are pro in writing and proofreading and always help me with my writings. I think it's ok to use a little help of pro writers to save time.

Last edited:

howartty34

I study psychology, but this fear is boring for me. That's why I decided to do photography. Choosing to study at the College of Psychology was not my decision. So don't let the choice be made for you

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Gods I really wish though in India atleast there was more a culture of acceptance towards writing as a profession
The only "author" comparison I get by others is freaking Chetan Bhagat who I never wanna emulate at all coz his works are just.....
It's just annoying
This year I managed to get a book published and relatives talked about it for like 1 min before again beginning their charade about how my CS degree is going and internships and I just got aggravated

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
I got a Bachelor of Science degree and then matriculated to medical school after several years of working in research. I graduated from medical school this year spring, and started my first year of residency back in the summer. Residency is 3 years (2.5 years left), but I might do a fellowship in Sleep Medicine, though not decided on that yet.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Dr. Damerdal.

I'm still not used to that title. Imposter Syndrome is rampant in medicine, and I suffer from it badly. The irony too is that the more you learn and become familiar with the system, the more you realize how little you actually know medicine, or can't remember some details off the top of your head (as in I might have learned it once for medical school preclinicals or during 3rd/4th-year rotations but can't recall it readily). Admittedly, I think I'm a pretty stupid doctor, but I'm determined to get better. At least, my faculty tell me my innate ability to connect with my patients will be my greatest strength.

Thank god for residency. It's brutal at times (and I chose a nonsurgical specialty; the surgical fields are insane), but I'm on an easier block this month, which allows for more free time. It's scary how so many NPs/PAs (particularly some of these new graduates) confidently believe they can independently practice with a couple of years of training (with easier entrance standards and less rigorous curriculum) without residency. I think a lot of resident physicians expect to be humbled during PGY-1 year.

Last edited:

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
I'm still not used to that title. Imposter Syndrome is rampant in medicine, and I suffer from it badly. The irony too is that the more you learn and become familiar with the system, the more you realize how little you actually know medicine, or can't remember some details off the top of your head
As someone who is in the first year of medical school, this scares me.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Really? What is it about?
It's a collection of 20+ poems I've written following a common theme!! Never planned to get my poems published lol until my girlfriend encouraged me to share them and participate in a competition where I submitted them. I was then asked by the hosts if I'd like to get my work published through them and I thought that'll be a nice surprise to my parents so why not!!

Hope to someday publish a novel as well that I've been writing, although only done about 15 chapters for it and some rough outlines of where I want some characters and plot to go
I follow GRRM's gardening technique rather than architecture technique which is much more fun to write but also leads to you spending more time than you thought you would. Never thought my poems would get published first lmao
I'm still not used to that title. Imposter Syndrome is rampant in medicine, and I suffer from it badly. The irony too is that the more you learn and become familiar with the system, the more you realize how little you actually know medicine, or can't remember some details off the top of your head (as in I might have learned it once for medical school preclinicals or during 3rd/4th-year rotations but can't recall it readily). Admittedly, I think I'm a pretty stupid doctor, but I'm determined to get better. At least, my faculty tell me my innate ability to connect with my patients will be my greatest strength.

Thank god for residency. It's brutal at times (and I chose a nonsurgical specialty; the surgical fields are insane), but I'm on an easier block this month, which allows for more free time. It's scary how so many NPs/PAs (particularly some of these new graduates) confidently believe they can independently practice with a couple of years of training (with easier entrance standards and less rigorous curriculum) without residency. I think a lot of resident physicians expect to be humbled during PGY-1 year.
So many of my friends and significant other are also in medical and I've seen how much it affects them and what a grueling process it is. I just want to say, since you've made it to residency, and that's not an easy feat. I'm sure you definitely deserve the title, and always in awe of all the people that manage to pull through all these years of rigourous study for med
God knows a 4 year engineering course is enough for me

Ryker101

Wishing you all the best man. I’m sure if you’ve gotten this far you can complete it. Remember even if you’re the worst doctor in your class, you’re still a doctor. That’s seriously impressive

For context I’m not a med student (I’m a 4th year physio student rn) and am considering going to med. Currently undecided atm but I’ll hopefully start placements in Feb. Working anywhere in healthcare sounds brutal tbh, and I can imagine doctors would have it the hardest

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
What’s the theme? Also can you post a few?
That all the poems are all sorts of delusions conjuring from my mind
I can't really post them since that could lead to me being easily doxxed, but I wouldn't mind sharing the book or sharing some poems in personal if you wish!

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
As someone who is in the first year of medical school, this scares me.

I can safely say that I was dumbest person by far in my class.

Even now among my PGY-1 resident class, my four other co-interns run circles around me.

You will be okay. Use board resources to help teach yourself the high-yield content. I regretted only following my school's curriculum.

Eh….medicine is a highly competitive field but it is also highly rewarding. You can just set up a clinic somewhere and earn like 50$ per hour. Compare that to (say) a career in physics or astronomy, we can’t afford 3 meals a day.

Tbf, on a resident physician salary, you don't earn a whole lot.

Also, not sure how compensation will be in the future with all of these midlevels engaging in scope creep, and if the US moves further into socialized medicine. I still think as an FP, I'll be all right however. My goal is to settle at my permanent practice location within 5 years of finishing residency/fellowship, so I can establish myself, build my patient panel, and sit on that till I finally retire.

It's ruthlessly competitive in medicine. The Match this past year was a ****ing bloodbath.

So many of my friends and significant other are also in medical and I've seen how much it affects them and what a grueling process it is. I just want to say, since you've made it to residency, and that's not an easy feat. I'm sure you definitely deserve the title, and always in awe of all the people that manage to pull through all these years of rigourous study for med
God knows a 4 year engineering course is enough for me

Well, the best med students in my school worked waaay harder than me, and were so much more naturally brighter. However, in retrospect, I guess I did study for several hundred pages of content every 2 weeks, rinse and repeat, for the first two years. I did pass two 8 hour board exams, even if my scores were ****. I never failed any of my shelf exams during 3rd and 4th years. I did Match into residency.

All those things should mean I deserve some grace, but...meh. There's so much info overload that sometimes my brain fogs and forgets just the basics.

I have 2.5 years left in residency. I know I'm not going to know everything, but I want to learn and know enough to handle the bread and butter, and fallback on referrals for anything I don't know how to handle (which I can later learn as an attending through CMEs or consult notes).

Wishing you all the best man. I’m sure if you’ve gotten this far you can complete it. Remember even if you’re the worst doctor in your class, you’re still a doctor. That’s seriously impressive

I'll admit, when I found out I Matched back in March, and then later during Spring graduation ceremony wearing the green and black doctoral robes, those two days were....cathartic.

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
I studied Computer Science. I only have a B.Sc. though because I felt a Master's degree was a waste of time and money.