• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are you views about Lana from SM

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
What limelight? Turtonator never had an episode focus on him as a character
Turtonator was literally Kiawe’s main Pokémon and the basis of Kiawe’s battle style at the start of Sun and Moon until he got Marowak and became more flexible. Even beyond that point, he still used it quite frequently, even being the one used against Brock.

p96822

Evolve me please
Turtonator was literally Kiawe’s main Pokémon and the basis of Kiawe’s battle style at the start of Sun and Moon until he got Marowak and became more flexible. Even beyond that point, he still used it quite frequently, even being the one used against Brock.

I wouldn’t call that limelight because it doesn’t focus on Turtonator’s character

Leonhart

Imagineer
SH65 said:
I'm asking why Lana out of everyone in the SM main cast got Eevee. And what does she gain from it.

Well all three of the female cast members needed more Pokemon on their teams since each of them only had one Pokemon before Nagisa debuted, so it was probably a matter of the writers choosing Suiren because she's been getting increasingly popular ever since SM first began.

Emelie

Bookworm
I think it's good that Lana got more Pokémon but the problem is how underdeveloped it is. Now the SM anime is almost over and Eevee didn't learn any Let's go moves despite Lana's obsession with the bubbles or get an evolution. Feels like wasted potential to be honest.

But then again I'm not sure they would have done more with Eevee if Lillie got it. Lillie's Vulpix doesn't do much either aside from being cute.

I guess there is the Z-move thing but I never understood why it should be so difficult to do a simple dance. Do they really need to go to school to learn how to flex their arms? The school thing as a whole feels like wasted potential, mabye they could have learned something about strategy instead and have the tests involve battling other students. It almost feels as if the school is empty...

SH65

Victory Over All!
That was more of a response to a sentiment that Lana was "undeserving" of Eevee, and my point is that such a sentiment is unfair to Lana who is equally deserving of it as all the other cast members, she takes just as good care of her pokémon as anyone else in the group, and I daresay there isn't any other requirement whatsoever that needs to be fulfilled to be deserving of catching a pokémon (as long as it's not an overpowered pokémon that breaks the plot or tension). I don't think there is any need for a strong argument that specifically singles out Lana for its capture, it wanted to stay with Lana so it did and that's good enough for me. Only giving her bubble pokémon like Dewpider might fit thematically but also keeps Lana even more inside a comfort bubble than she already is. There is at least more potential for development when you put characters at least a little bit outside of their comfort zone. Whether that potential also gets fulfilled is a different subject entirely.

Nowhere have I denied that they haven't done much with Eevee. But that's purely down to limited episode time, that's not because it ended up with Lana and those two shouldn't be confused. Almost every pokémon not belonging to Ash has had very little development in Ultra Legends due to time constraints. Look at pokémon like Togedemaru or Turtonator who got virtually nothing in Ultra Legends.
Nothing about Eevee pushes Lana out of her comfort zone. And again Lana taking care of her pokemon is nothing new. Here's what I asked what does Eevee add to Lana? And from what we seen nothing its like Mallow and Shaymin she has it but gains nothing from it so whats the point.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SH65 said:
Nothing about Eevee pushes Lana out of her comfort zone. And again Lana taking care of her pokemon is nothing new. Here's what I asked what does Eevee add to Lana? And from what we seen nothing its like Mallow and Shaymin she has it but gains nothing from it so whats the point.

While I admit that Nagisa doesn't improve Suiren's character much, I don't see it as detrimental to Suiren's development either. It seems like the only people who have an issue with Suiren owning Nagisa are the same people who wanted Satoshi to catch it, instead.

SH65

Victory Over All!
While I admit that Nagisa doesn't improve Suiren's character much, I don't see it as detrimental to Suiren's development either. It seems like the only people who have an issue with Suiren owning Nagisa are the same people who wanted Satoshi to catch it, instead.
At this point i'm not even mad that Ash didn't get Eevee. I mad that any potential Sandy had is being wasted like with Shaymin.

DatsRight

At this point i'm not even mad that Ash didn't get Eevee. I mad that any potential Sandy had is being wasted like with Shaymin.

Yeah, I don't think Ash's character is being squandered with five Pokemon, he does use and develop with them all to some palpable degree, even if they could be more active at times (e.g. Torracat needed more key battles, but still got reasonable training/character limelight episodes the whole series). At this point I want more cases a non-Ash Pokemon is developed well and really lets their trainer shine. There's a few good ones like Vikavolt and Marowak but it's annoying the girls often go to waste, even when they cut the 'special treatment' with Ash and let the others get the promotional Pokemon.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
The point isn’t whether or not Sandy is detrimental to Lana’s character, it’s the fact that it comes across as a waste of a capture considering that the writers went nowhere with it, neither developing Lana or Sandy. Lana’s character went absolutely nowhere from the capture unlike the other classmates with their secondaries and Sandy basically became a glorified prop who never does anything relevant. Heck, it could be argued that the most relevant it’s been since captured was in an episode whose plot had been brought on by Shaymin in getting lost helping to find Mallow’s headband which in and of itself is just sad. Sandy is the third Eevee owned by a main cast member and has had the worst showing of the three.