• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are you wondering?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I wonder why Don Georges and Battle Clubs didn't become a permanent fixture in the anime and were relegated to just BW. They were such an awesome new addition and at the time I thought they were permanent, especially since Don Georges are similar to Joys and Jennys.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mew29240 said:
The regions didn't have anything to offer in terms of challenges or new Pokemon for Ash & co. anyway.

That's probably the main reason. The Ranger regions had some interesting locales, but at the end of the day the anime has already explored pretty much every kind of environment, so Fiore or the other Ranger regions appearing wouldn't have offered much.

Mew29240

I wonder why Don Georges and Battle Clubs didn't become a permanent fixture in the anime and were relegated to just BW. They were such an awesome new addition and at the time I thought they were permanent, especially since Don Georges are similar to Joys and Jennys.

I liked their tournament since they usually had funny interactions between Ash/Iris/Cilan and their rivals. Even if they didn't bring Don George along to Kalos, I was surprised they didn't try to expand the Battle Chateau to do something similar; they seemed to put a lot about it into its episode.

With XY having Serena focusing on Showcases down the line, I guess they didn't want to incorporate small tournaments like that again.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mew29240 said:
I liked their tournament since they usually had funny interactions between Ash/Iris/Cilan and their rivals. Even if they didn't bring Don George along to Kalos, I was surprised they didn't try to expand the Battle Chateau to do something similar; they seemed to put a lot about it into its episode.

With XY having Serena focusing on Showcases down the line, I guess they didn't want to incorporate small tournaments like that again.

Kalos could've greatly benefited from having more tournaments since it would've let Citron and Serena get more battling done. The Battle Chateau seemed like it could've become the new Battle Club, but the writers only showcased it in one episode instead of expanding on the concept and introducing multiple ones.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Will forever bother me that nothing happened with that Trainer with a Heatran in the Sinnoh League. They could’ve put literally any other Pokémon there but decided to put a Legendary there. What was the reason? It’s not like the big talk of the league had a Legendary.

The animation team probably put it there as a joke. Worst case scenario, they just thought it was a regular pokémon despite the show having shown it before.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Will forever bother me that nothing happened with that Trainer with a Heatran in the Sinnoh League. They could’ve put literally any other Pokémon there but decided to put a Legendary there. What was the reason? It’s not like the big talk of the league had a Legendary.

I think it was specifically designed to be a troll for theorizing fans, since the league-wide preview in CoroCoro (or some similar magazine) had mentioned that Ash's final test would be a "legendary trainer" and provided no other info. This was exclusively to get fans to think the Heatran guy would be Ash's final guy

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I think it was specifically designed to be a troll for theorizing fans, since the league-wide preview in CoroCoro (or some similar magazine) had mentioned that Ash's final test would be a "legendary trainer" and provided no other info. This was exclusively to get fans to think the Heatran guy would be Ash's final guy

Why would they do that? It wasn't even a good 'troll' if that was what they actually planned because people being wrong about the Heatran trainer being Ash's last opponent wasn't that good of a twist especially since they revealed Tobias a few episodes before the final battle any ways - in the Trick Room episode iirc.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The animation team probably put it there as a joke. Worst case scenario, they just thought it was a regular pokémon despite the show having shown it before.

Nevee considered it being a tease but I'm moreso looking at it from as if we were in universe

Leonhart

Imagineer
I always wondered why the Zorua from the 13th movie wasn't Zoroark's biological child. To me it being adopted by Zoroark seemed unnecessary since the story would've flowed just as well if they had been related like most people initially assumed they were.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Regarding Pokemon Journeys, I just wonder how they're going to address the big questions that rise from Goh's goal of catching one of every pokemon, namely that its seemingly impossible? Not only are more pokemon getting created for the games every few years, but in-universe some pokemon consist of only single individuals, at least one of which (Silvally) already has a trainer (to my recollection nothing has been said about multiple Type:Null being made in the anime, unlike the games). It'd make sense if Goh is excluding legendary and mythical pokemon, but Mew being his final goal makes this seem unlikely. Is he really planning to travel to other dimensions to locate Ultra Beasts? To wait for a Jirachi that happens to be awake and/or just keep its cocoon around? To somehow catch avatars of life, death, land, sea, etc. for no reason but to record them in his dex? The games have more justification than that, and they are a lot more suited to just the collecting for collecting's sake motivation.

Not to mention how getting all of even non-legendary pokemon would exceed the space and resources of Cerise labs, and its not like Goh has enough resources himself. The lab is one large building, not a massive ranch like Oak's. He could always start sending them to other labs so this is admittedly a lesser point.

And then of course there is the big question of "why" it even makes sense as a goal to have in-universe. It's not like Goh is seeking some title or reward, or that he learns anything in particular by catching pokemon (he claims to learn by catching them, but if he does learn anything it only comes later by studying them and that can be done without catching them too). His "future in the palm of my hand" motto/justification makes no sense as he never says what future he is talking about or how having all the pokemon will enable it.

This of course also ignores just how he is able to catch pokemon so well. If throwing the ball in a certain way ups the chances (something they have yet to actually say) then what is the mechanism behind it?

Unlike Ash's vague goal of becoming a Pokemon Master (which people seem to think in-universe is possible at least, albeit the show has yet to define just what a master even is), Goh's is very concrete at present, which also makes it much more unreasonable.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
Regarding Pokemon Journeys, I just wonder how they're going to address the big questions that rise from Goh's goal of catching one of every pokemon, namely that its seemingly impossible? Not only are more pokemon getting created for the games every few years, but in-universe some pokemon consist of only single individuals, at least one of which (Silvally) already has a trainer (to my recollection nothing has been said about multiple Type:Null being made in the anime, unlike the games). It'd make sense if Goh is excluding legendary and mythical pokemon, but Mew being his final goal makes this seem unlikely. Is he really planning to travel to other dimensions to locate Ultra Beasts? To wait for a Jirachi that happens to be awake and/or just keep its cocoon around? To somehow catch avatars of life, death, land, sea, etc. for no reason but to record them in his dex? The games have more justification than that, and they are a lot more suited to just the collecting for collecting's sake motivation.

Not to mention how getting all of even non-legendary pokemon would exceed the space and resources of Cerise labs, and its not like Goh has enough resources himself. The lab is one large building, not a massive ranch like Oak's. He could always start sending them to other labs so this is admittedly a lesser point.

And then of course there is the big question of "why" it even makes sense as goal to have in-universe. It's not like Goh is seeking some title or reward, or that he learns anything in particular by catching pokemon (he claims to learn by catching them, but if he does learn anything it only comes later by studying them and that can be done without catching them too). His "future in the palm of my hand" motto/justification makes no sense as he never says what future he is talking about or how having all the pokemon will enable it.

This of course also ignores just how he is able to catch pokemon so well. If throwing the ball in a certain way ups the chances (something they have yet to actually say) then what is the mechanism behind it?

Unlike Ash's vague goal of becoming a Pokemon Master (which people seem to think in-universe is possible at least, albeit the show has yet to define just what a master even is), Goh's is very concrete at present, which also makes it much more unreasonable.
You’re answer to this is: a certain app was created about four years ago and became more popular than anyone ever expected and brought in high revenue so they decided to smash.... I mean “incorporate” that into the anime.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think the roadblocks for Goh's goal is what makes it capable of being dragged on as much as Ash's. No matter how far any of them go, there's still more to do.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
I think the roadblocks for Goh's goal is what makes it capable of being dragged on as much as Ash's. No matter how far any of them go, there's still more to do.

I feel that Gou's goal is more impractical than Satoshi's goal, but that's what makes it more interesting to me since there's a lot of work for him to do. I'm not sure if I believe that he'll actually manage to achieve his goal of capturing every Pokemon, but at least it's fun to see him try.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I'm wondering what's next for Ash. The WCS is an epic concept they've introduced this generation, but unlike any other generation's goal, I can't see this going away if Ash doesn't accomplish it this generation. So either way, whether it's this generation or in the future, I feel like Ash is eventually going to climb to the top. Then what? Would they end Ash?

What I thought was gonna happen, which didn't end up making sense to happen because Alola didn't have gyms and Galar doesn't have an Elite Four, but years ago what I thought would eventually happen when Ash won a league is that he might spend several generations winning leagues (or maybe sometimes losing in semis or finals) and struggling against E4. Then, it would take him several generations to beat all 4 of E4 and eventually beat Champion.

That's not really possible anymore. So as far as I can tell, because of how the WCS has been set up and all the traveling to various regions that's happening in Journeys and returns of various old characters, the WCS is Ash's endgame. Whether it's in Gen VIII or later, what happens with the anime next when Ash climbs to the top?

Applecorp

Couldn't the lab just be expanded or something? But speaking of this it's always funny to me that some people thought Goh having so many Pokemon at the lab was irresponsible because they claimed he didn't spend enough time with them, meanwhile Ash has almost as many Pokemon at Oak's place that he hardly ever sees or takes care of.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It's kind of funny because right now, Ash's pokémon are scattared on 3 places: Oak, Kukui and now Cerize lol

I feel that Gou's goal is more impractical than Satoshi's goal, but that's what makes it more interesting to me since there's a lot of work for him to do. I'm not sure if I believe that he'll actually manage to achieve his goal of capturing every Pokemon, but at least it's fun to see him try.

I like seeing his enthusiasm and it's very clear he's unlikely to do it. But that's all part of the charm.