• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your biggest insecurities?

Sham

The Guardian of War
This is tough...will edit later is something comes up.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
No motivation, no drive, nothing to seek and thus he wanders endlessly into the jaded sea and into the azure deserts, the dark magenta sky constantly reminding him what he is no more. Wondering what would happen if he had failed and wondering what would happen if he had succeeded. It's not my biggest insecurity, it's someone else but nevertheless an interesting story right? What do you think this person should do?

Sham

The Guardian of War
No motivation, no drive, nothing to seek and thus he wanders endlessly into the jaded sea and into the azure deserts, the dark magenta sky constantly reminding him what he is no more. Wondering what would happen if he had failed and wondering what would happen if he had succeeded. It's not my biggest insecurity, it's someone else but nevertheless an interesting story right? What do you think this person should do?
The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over hoping for a different result. You can’t wonder what would happen if you succeed if you put in no work. Either you accept nothing will happen if you don’t try OR attempt to try and hope you succeed. Anything in between is kinda off imo

shoz999

Here's another story. An angry person. In this story, the "angry person" as I call him is angry at a person who is failing at his tests but "dead eyes" as I refer to him is not dumb. No, not dumb at all. After all, most people aren't angry at a dumb person. Annoyed perhaps but not angry. To be angry at a dumb person who was born that way is dumb itself don't you agree :D? So why is he angry at dead eyes? Well? One isn't angry at a person who is born dumb. One is angry at a gifted person who doesn't do anything with it. Dead eyes has potential, he's smart, he could be someone great and the angry person is willing to encourage this gifted person to any dream he sets on. Yes, you heard me right. Any dream, any goal. That's the problem, dead eyes doesn't set his mind to any dream, he has little interest in much of life's wonders and as the years pass by, he does less and less with his gifted knowledge and intellect. One could say... it's going to waste? The angry person is angry at the failed person because he has a shot at life, either to enjoy it or change it, but he doesn't take it. What do you think angry person should do? And by the way, when I say angry, I must clarify. I don't mean the outbursts of berserk rage. No. I mean the silent cold worried rage, the one that slowly builds up over time as you wear a friendly smile, hoping for the best in others.

I procrastinate too much to the point where it's gotten me in trouble. I really need to get better at managing my free time.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I have a couple:

I often find that I either care too much or don't care at all. My life motto of "Give it your all or don't it at all" is probably the cause of that....

My resting b**** face. I couldn't count how many times people I've gotten close to admitted that they thought I was mean because of it. I also find it funny sometimes. I'll be hanging out with my friends and they're like "You good? You look irritated" & then I get irritated because they think something is wrong because I'm just sitting there with a ¬_¬ face

Sham

The Guardian of War
Probably my inability to make life choices with out the inclusion of others. Leaning more on trusting myself to make good informed decisions and not need everyone's opinions on what I should do. I have so many things I want too but never can properly execute them at times because I'm always concerned with the outcomes. I'd like to master this.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't have too many insecurities, although I've been told by friends that I come off as unapproachable in real life, at least at first glance. And I suppose that I am introverted and not very outwardly friendly by default, but it's just how I am and I don't think I can change that.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I cant talk to people, especially females. Even online where u don’t need to use your real name or speak face to face, it’s near impossible for me to keep a discussion going even if I really want to. My mind seems to just lock up just thinking about it.

shoz999

After thinking about it, I think I finally thought of an insecurity of my own. Have you ever came to the realization you don't have enough time to do everything but do you ever fear that you may not have any time to do anything? I'm envious of a particular kind of learner, the kind of learner that can get the answer right off the bat without having to study or research much like it's no big deal, less than an hour or two. In my observations, they are not perfectionists but they can get so much done in short time and show just enough that they've learned quite a lot from what little time they have.

Missingno.Fan

One issue I have is I compare myself to other people, especially other women my age. This is way I want little to do with my cousins from my mom’s side of the family. They are all married and/or have kids, and the only one who doesn’t has special needs. I don’t really feel this way about guys or older women, which explains why the majority of my friends are guys or women a generation or so older than me.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I think that i can think myself of this aggressively ego drive person to others and start grow cold to people...yeah that is problem

Leonhart

Imagineer
shoz999 said:
After thinking about it, I think I finally thought of an insecurity of my own. Have you ever came to the realization you don't have enough time to do everything but do you ever fear that you may not have any time to do anything? I'm envious of a particular kind of learner, the kind of learner that can get the answer right off the bat without having to study or research much like it's no big deal, less than an hour or two. In my observations, they are not perfectionists but they can get so much done in short time and show just enough that they've learned quite a lot from what little time they have.

On a similar note, I'm envious of people who have photographic memories. I've never been good at remembering trivial facts and I've always had to study to get the right answer, so I've always felt insecure about not being as quick-witted as some of my friends. And I'm also insecure about speaking in public, especially where I currently live since I'm still not 100% fluent in the native language, so it makes me nervous to have to interact with people knowing that I might mess up a word or two when talking to them.