• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your favorite baby pokemon?

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
239.png

Not seeing much love for Elekid here which is both surprising and not very surprising. Baby Pokemon I guess are meant to elicit wee lil babs that can barely fend for themselves which with love and affection evolve into old-school reliable Pokemon from our childhood? Makes sense for the ones like Cleffa, Igglybuff and Azurill where if you sent those out into battle you'd be a monster! Elekid is not like them at all - it looks like a Pokemon that can and would happily beat the snot out of you with all the swagger and arrogance of a Gen I rival. Evolution via happiness? Not on this mean-looking egg-shaped battery! It'll evolve at level 30 to match the likes of Feraligatr, Gardevoir, Ampharos or Zoroark. Got a terrible moveset requiring gimmicks like Metronome or cutesy moves like Charm? Nope, this little badass gets Shock Wave and Low Kick before evolution and can learn moves like Psychic, the Elemental Punches and Brick Break for your butt-kicking needs. 95 base Speed and mid-60's offenses with an always-useful Electric typing ensure Elekid will remain a useful (and useable) team member throughout your adventure, unlike some other Baby Pokemon...

That being said, I like most of the Baby Pokemon. I have a soft spot for Toxel (Toxtricity is such a cool Pokemon, and I love how grumpy it looks), Riolu (Lucario is also a super cool Pokemon) and Togepi (it's the OG Baby Pokemon and I adore Togekiss) - they've all done decently as well on a team in-game. Budew I like as well but don't like using it - in Sinnoh I'd rather skip the Budew phase and jump straight to Roselia since happiness evolutions suck and a Grass/Poison type isn't that great to use with such meh stats. Pichu as well is adorable but by the time it evolves into Pikachu both stages tend to feel bad to use so you just jump to Raichu. Never had a reason to use the other Baby Pokemon so cannot attest to their usefulness but Mantyke, Mime Jr., Bonsly and Munchlax are cuties who I would die for.