• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your favorite Pokémon spinoff games?

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
What are your favorite Pokémon spinoff games?

There are so many interesting Pokémon spin off games so which ones are your favorite?

Some of my favorites are the mystery dungeon games. They have really good stories, characters, and personality to them.

I also like the puzzle games, Puzzle League, Puzzle Challenge, Trozei, and Battle Trozei. I find them really addicting.

Another favorite is Pokémon Art Academy. As someone who likes to draw, it's an essential for me.

There are tons of other spin offs I like too but those are my personal favorites.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I think the spin-offs are some of my favorites from the franchise outside of the main games. There's something a bit more fun about them that satiates me.

Pokémon Puzzle League is my all-time favorite. Puzzle games are my weakness, and very addictive. I swear to you I suffered withdrawals when I realized I was playing it too much one year. My best memory of the game was defeating Mewtwo the first time I fought him in a minute-and-a-half. (It was Very Hard mode, but still, considering Gary's final battle always gave me a hard time, reaching Mewtwo was shocking and rewarding for me.)

Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire was another addictive spin-off as next to puzzle games, pinball was another weakness of mine. If I had the original, I'd probably like that just as much, although the Ruby and Sapphire version was prettier to look at. I don't remember what happened to our copy, but I remember getting almost all of the Pokémon but one--I don't remember which, though, and I don't think we ever got it. Either way, I got the highest scores on both fields.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is probably the best the franchise has ever given us. I never thought I'd like the games as much as I did since I've never played a dungeon crawler prior to it. The characters and story were the most surprising if the games, I honestly never expected Pokémon to take a turn for the dark.

Pokémon Snap was a lot of fun. We sadly don't have our copy anymore (I don't remember what happened to it), but it was a game I played a lot even if I never fully understood how the pictures were scored. I wonder if I could do so much better with it nowadays if I could play it again.

Pokémon Stadium was nice since it was mostly my brothers and I who played it. When it wasn't Mario Party, Diddy Kong Racing, or Smash Brothers, we used Stadium to compete with each other. I believe we only beat the Gym Leader Castle once (that first time around, anyway), and we reached Mewtwo once (actually... twice now that we finally reached Round 2 a few years ago lol). The Kids Club was nice, and the GB Tower was an awesome feature. We never got Stadium 2 for some reason, although we had rented it from Blockbuster once.

I've seen Chuggaaconroy's let's play of Colosseum and that was enjoyable. I regret overlooking it as a kid, and I'm sad I may never get the chance to play it for myself.

Solid Cyndaquil

Drying Pan Wielder
Mystery Dungeon is my favourite spinoff, I liked the story and gameplay of them better than the main games

I have Conquest but haven't really gotten into it yet (Possibly due to the fact I got a 3ds shortly after)
Pokémon Snap and Colosseum, I haven't played but would like to eventually.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well first off for me is the PMD series cuz all the games were amazing hee hee. My second favourite spin-off game is Pokemon Pinball, which was my first spin-off game. I just wish I had my old cartridge. ^^; O and the Ranger games are excellent too, especially Shadows of Almia.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Favorite game of Mystery Dungeon - Time because it is the only one I currently have and it is enjoyable.
Favorite game of Ranger series - Ranger 3 because there are many legendary pokemon in it.

I also enjoyed Rumble Blast game as it is a neat idea of having Toy Pokemon and using them to collect others.

stylesbk

@stylesbk
Pokemon Conquest is my all time favorite, every so often i'll pick it up and play a few chapters and its great. I hope they come out with a new one someday.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Time, Darkness, Sky--hands down, my favorite spin off game. It's got fun characters, a deep story, addictive gameplay, and a wonderful soundtrack.

There are other spin off games that I think are stellar as well:

-Snap
-Colosseum
-XD: Gale of Darkness
-Stadium 2

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series The only game where you actually play as a Pokemon
Pokken Tournament I've wanted a proper Pokemon fighting game for so long!
Pokemon Rumble The precursor to Pokkenn Tournament IMO
Pokemon Conquest Interesting concept.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
PMD ;384;;483;:646:;274; and Pokken ;150;, no question. To a lesser extent, the current free-to-start games that are out; Shuffle, Rumble World, and Picross. Also, an older one; XD. I never played the other two (three if you count the first Japanese one), so this one is by far my favorite of the console games. ;249-d;

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series The only game where you actually play as a Pokemon
Pokken Tournament I've wanted a proper Pokemon fighting game for so long!
Pokemon Rumble The precursor to Pokkenn Tournament IMO
Pokemon Conquest Interesting concept.

Pokepark and Pokepark 2 say hi
I agree though, there need to be more games where you play as a Pokemon.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Easily Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. I absolutely adore the fact you can play as the Pokémon and they actually attempt to try and tell a story.

I've played the Ranger series games, Poképark series games, Link series games, Conquest and Pokken, but Mystery Dungeon hasn't been topped in my eyes yet.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is my favorite spin-off series, with Explorers of Sky being my favorite Pokemon game, and one of my overall favorite games as well. I loved and continue to love everything about it - the world, the story, the music, the gameplay. I never thought I could love a dungeon crawler as much as that game made me. Blue was the first one I played and I've got a fondness for it, but Explorers of Sky just has an irreplaceable spot in my heart.

I have a soft spot for Pokemon Conquest as well, but it's been far longer since I last played that one.

Edit: To be on the fair side, I haven't played that many spin-off games. I've played Shadows of Almia to completion, but none of the other Pokemon Ranger games. I have the two Pokepark games and Pokemon Channel, but my spin-off experience ends there. I haven't played Gates to Infinity or Super Mystery Dungeon past the first hour and a half.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Colosseum & XD are at the top of my list. I love many things about those two games - exploring the Orre region (has some of my favourite Pokemon towns, like Phenac City and Gateon Port), the music (especially the Cipher Admin battle themes in both games), the characters (MIROR B.!!), among other things.

Next, I like the Ranger series a lot, especially Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs. Like with Colo/XD above, I really like exploring the regions the Ranger games take place in.

Finally, I'm a fan of the Art Academy game as I enjoy colouring. It's fun and relaxing.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
I poured quite a few hours into Trozei. It was my first DS game, and we were on the road a suprising amount that summer. It was a really solid Puzzle game too. I found Battle Trozei watered it down a bit.

Collo and XD were a ton of fun, and the limited teams made for teams I would have never considered before.

I loved PMD Blue. The story sucked me in and random generated dungeons were a ton of fun. The Mew mission didn't work properly on my cart for whatever reason, so I never finished the post game.

cawish6

I personally like PMD2, quite a bit. Especially after replaying it a few months ago. The story is just super deep and very meaningful. It's something I want to see in SUMO, but because it's main series, I doubt it'll happen.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Pokémon Snap, Pokémon Stadium, Pokémon Stadium 2, Pokémom Channel, the TCG, and Pokémon Colloseum. Super Smash Brothers, if we are counting those.

Those are what dreams are made of. :)

EvanUn0

Pokemon Colosseum and XD are among some of my favorites. They were oozing with personality, both in terms of characters and region, and I got really sad when they didn't make a third one for the Wii. The Orre games had so much potential to be something even greater, but they never capitalized on it. Imagine a modern day one, trying to incorporate Mega Evolutions with shadow Pokemon. That sounds amazing!

Even though it's not very good, I have a soft spot for Battle Revolution. It's a bare-bones epitome of battle simulator and nothing more, and it borderline forced you to import D/P/Pt/HG/SS Pokemon. But it's atmosphere was still nice, and the music! My gosh, the music! Honestly, PBR had some of the best music in the entire Pokemon franchise, in my opinion.

The Stadium games are cool too! The announcer is life, there's no other way to put it. I feel like the Pokemon franchise today doesn't feel as varied as it was 10 years ago, because they don't make games like these anymore.