• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your favorite pokemon shipping pairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello I'm new to the forums and an avid shipping of pokemon characters. I've even done fanfics of them and I'd like to know some of the favorite shippings of the people here. just curious. some of mine that I frequently ship are amourshipping, Luckshipping, Rocketshipping, Roboticshipping, Sommeliershipping, and several others

oshawott7

cat burgler
I ship pretty much everything except Advanceshipping. My endgame ships are Poke, Contest, Ikari, Wishful, Boutique, Handyman, Snowpoint and Jellow.

I love several ships though, my other favorites being:
- Egocentric (Harley x Ursula)
- Festival (Harley x Solidad)
- Flarebuster (Trip x Georgia)
- Luck (Brock x Lucy)
- Pallet (Ash x Gary)
- Pearl (Ash x Dawn)
- Pretentious (Gary x Ursula)
- Rocket. (Jessie x James) The only reason it's not one of my endgame ships is because I can see it staying platonic.
- Respect (Ash x Drew)
- Snarky (Trip x Ursula)
- Sommelier (Cilan x Burgundy)

and soooooo much more lol

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Anime-wise, I only like Amourshipping (OTP) and Advanceshipping (the pair that I shipped longest). I think Aureliashipping is nice. As for manga, I'm torn between Luckyshipping and Specialshipping. Apart from those mentioned, I'm not interested with other shippings.

Last edited:

Sprinter1988

Anime: Ash x Misty, Ash x May, Ash x Dawn, Ash x Bianca (Movie 5), Ash x Bianca (Unova), Ash x Georgia, Ash x Mallow, Ash x Korrina, Ash x Lillie, Brock x Lucy, Brock x Solidad, Clemont x Korrina
Manga: Red x Green (Female), Red x Yellow, Red x Misty, Gold x Kris, Ruby x Sapphire, Ruby x Courtney (didn't read any more after Hoenn)

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Oh, yes.

I like Othelloshipping, Furthershipping, Shalourshipping, and whatever the shipping is for Ash and Moon.

Yes, given what I feel Ash would really want in a girl, I find it's easiest to ship him with a fun-looking game lead. :D

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I support so many ships but I’m only going to put my top ten favs in here.

Anime: Pearlshipping, Contestshipping, Luckshipping, and Amourshipping
Games: Transceivershipping, Hoennshipping,
Manga: Specialshipping, PreciousMetalshipping, Franticshipping, and Agencyshipping

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Oh, yes.

I like Othelloshipping, Furthershipping, Shalourshipping, and whatever the shipping is for Ash and Moon.

Yes, given what I feel Ash would really want in a girl, I find it's easiest to ship him with a fun-looking game lead. :D
Oh man, I almost forgot about Furthershipping (AshxLeaf), the crack pairing that I've always dreamed of.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
You just had to ask, didn't you lol. Basically my top favorite are:

- Mewtwo/Mew (MewShipping)
- Ash/Misty (PokéShipping)
- James/Jessie (RocketShipping)
- Darkrai/Cresselia (LunarEclipseShipping)

There's a couple others like Drew/May, Ash/May (now that I watched all of the Hoenn episodes and realized I like the two's chemistry just not as much as with Ash/Misty), and Silver/Lyra, but I'm not as big into them like I am with my top four.

Bubbles18

The Crazy Eevee Lady
Well - the Anime -
PearlShipping (Ash & Dawn) - Pearl & Diamond was the series that got me back into Pokemon.
I do occasionally ship SapphirePearlShipping (May & Dawn) with a dash of LightningPearlShipping (Pikachu & Piplup).

For the Manga -
LuckyShipping (Red & Blue (Female),
ViridianShipping (Yellow & Silver)
and currently - somehow - DarkStoneShipping (Platinum & Gold - still trying to figure out how I ended up liking this pairing and where the shipping name came from).
I tend to go back and forth on FranticShipping (Ruby & Sapphire) so we'll see how it turns out. We'll see if I end up liking anyone in the Black/White, X&Y and Sun&Moon series - once I get round to reading them.

Game -
SilentProtagonistShipping (Red & Dawn),
Lillie & Moon from Ultra series (I don't think there is a shipping name for that yet),
BoutiqueShipping (Serena & Shauna From XY),
SequelShipping (Hugh & Rosa from Black2/White2),
HeartSoulShipping (Ethan & Lyra),
SoulfulHeartShipping (Red & Lyra),
and HoennShipping (Brendan & May)

reedcollins

ReginaRegina
Anime-wise, I've always love Pokeshipping(Ash x Misty) ever since I first watched the original series! Something about Ash and Misty really stuck with me, and I saw a lot of myself in Misty. Another one of my favorites was Contestshipping (May x Drew), it was always my best friends and my favorite. Manga-wise I'm all about Franticshipping (Sapphire x Ruby), Sapphire being my favorite character. I also really like Gracefulshipping (Winona x Wallace)! In game, my biggest ship right now is Lillie and Moon, like Bubbles18 said, i'm not sure if there's a shipping name for it.

Bubbles18

The Crazy Eevee Lady
I know they had OceanFlowerShipping (At least I think that's the name) for Lillie & Moon from the original Sun & Moon but nothing so far for the Ultra Series. I haven't seen much artwork/fanfiction of it either (then again, I could be looking in the wrong places lol)

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
Anime:
Palletshipping, diodeshipping, abilityshipping, morpheusshipping, pearlshipping, contestshipping, & appealshipping.

Games:
Colorshipping/oldrivalshipping, Preciousmetalshipping, hoennshipping, hoennremakeshipping, hardenshipping, sailorshipping, Originshipping, dualrivalshipping, brighttomorrowshipping, & sequelshipping.

Welcome to serebiiforums by the way! /slowpoke

Moonlight Starlight

Pokeshipping - Ash x Misty
Contestshipping - Drew x May
Ikarishipping - Paul x Dawn
Flavescentshipping - Trip x Iris
Oldrivalshipping - Gary x Leaf
Questshipping - Jimmy x Marina

Romantically:
OTP: IronWillShipping. Not sure why but I guess this one just stuck with me. The Iron Island part of the game just came off as cute to me, and Riley’s more stoic nature fits with the more adaptable MC archetype that Dawn automatically fits into.
Curtis x Rosa/Nate x Yancy: I often lean to the former thanks to playing as Rosa, but both are just really damn cute examples of a long-distance friendship that canonically becomes more.
FerrisWheelShipping: bandwagoning onto this one. I can’t helo but love it thanks to the dynamic the two share. It’s wonderfully unique and the way the two end up caring for each other makes me happy.
Lillie x Selene: don’t mind me I’m just loving my good daughters saving the world together-
Gladion x Hau: they have that whole opposites thing going on. I like it.
Alain x Mairin: these two would do anything for each other it’s just really damn adorable.
Dia x Pearl: I didn’t forget the manga exists, this duo just makes me so incredibly happy.

Platonically:
BrOTP: OriginShipping. Steven and Wallace were my OG ship. Two bros who would die for each other.
Cheren x Bianca: I just love em. Nuff said.
Riley x Cheryl x Buck x Mira x Marley: yes I once tried to write a fic based on this. I like to headcanon this lot as one big group of friends, and I made them travelling teams and ideas for what their hobbies are... this fic had a lot of planning. Once I get more dedication and skill with writing I may try it again because I love this group.
Curtis x Yancy x Lisia: just imagine them performing as a concert trio and you’ll get why I like this. I once wrote an old one-shot about them. It somehow won an award...?
Shauntal x Caitlin x Grimsley x Marshal: out of each elite four this lot felt like they stood out the most as a whole to me, and their personalities look like they mesh well together.

I have more but my brain is dead right now so here you go-

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
Eh, I’ve got a few. I’m probably just gonna do it how Nerdy did it so here we go...

Romantically:
OTP: PocketWatchShipping - Cheren x Jasmine: A ship of my own creation, simply because they’re two of my favourite characters, and I think that their personalities would collide pretty well. Although, I can see this just being a Platonic Ship because of my next one.
Cheren x Bianca: I never really liked this ship, but after a while, I came to realise that it has a lot of potential, and I became rather fond of it. Cheren is the only character I ship with more than one person, and this is only because I couldn’t decide which ship I liked better.
Black/Hilbert x White/Hilda: Going to have to stray from popular opinion and say that I’m not a fan of FerrisWheelShipping, and I’ve always wanted to see a better interaction between the two protagonists. I give a smidge of a taste of how I see the relationship in one of my fics.
Elesa x Skyla: There isn’t really that much evidence against this, I don’t think. It’s one of those that I love just because.
Hau x Lillie: Again, probably not as popular as others, but in my first play through I really got the vibe that Hau had a thing for Lillie.
Grimsley x Shauntal: Another one that I haven’t really seen much of, but I would love to see these two interact. Besides, Dark and Ghost just go so well together.

Platonically:
Clay x Marlon: Completely different people, but I think they’d get along fantastically.
Crasher Wake x Professor Kukui: Let the Wrestlers wrestle the day away. Just for a bit of a laugh really.
Guzma x Nanu: Probably one of my favourite buddy duos, I just love both characters and enjoy any interactions that pop up, canon or not.
Grovyle x Dusknoir: If you’ve played Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, and have completed all of the special episodes, you know what I’m on about.

DatsRight

I'm starting to get into Aureliashipping , simply due to Ash's adorably dorky but protective treatment of shy little Lillie.

Granted it's more the sweetness of their interactions than the romantic implications, the chemistry would probably be just as adorable if Lillie was Ash's adoptive little sister.

Last edited:

raichu27

Pearlshipping - Ash and Dawn
Contestshipping - May and Drew
Gymshipping - Brock and Misty
Rocketshipping - Jessie and James
GeekChicshipping - Clemont and Serena
FourthWheelShipping - Max and Bonnie

Those are all I can think of, atm.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I’ve decided to do this over and list myfavorite ships for the three genres of Pokemon (i.e anime, manga, games)

Anime
Pearlshipping (Ash/Dawn)
Contestshipping (Drew/May)
Luckshipping (Brock/Lucy)
Wishfulshipping (Cilan/Iris)
OrangeShipping (Tracey/Misty)
LaserBladeShipping (Clemont/Korrina)
Amourshipping (Ash/Serena)

I don’t really ship Serena with anyone else except for Ash, tbh. Ash, on the other hand, is my most shipped character in Pokemon, besides Nate and Hilbert. Dang, the male protagonists of Gen. 5 are sooo shippable haha

Games
LeafGreenShipping (Gary/Leaf)
NewBarkshipping (Ethan/Lyra)
Hoennshipping (Brendan/May)
Fortuneshipping (Lucas/Dawn)
ChessShipping (Hilbert/Hilda)
IsshuShipping (Hilbert/N)
Transceivershipping (Nate/Yancy)
SequelShipping (Hugh/Rosa)
BrightTomorrowShipping (Calem/Shauna)
SnowLilyShipping (Hau/Lillie)

Manga
Specialshipping (Red/Yellow)
OldRivalshipping (Green/Blue)
PreciousMetalshipping (Silver/Gold)
Franticshipping (Ruby/Sapphire)
Agencyshipping (Black/White)

Skipped over DP bc I haven’t actually read the D/P/Pt chapter of the manga yet.

Oldrivalshipping - Gary x Leaf

Not to be rude but you do know that the ship name for Gary & Leaf is LeafGreenShipping, not OldRivalshipping right?

Status
Not open for further replies.