• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your favorite pokemon shipping pairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Amourshipping (Ash x Serena)
Cavaliershipping (Gary x Dawn)
Orangeshipping (Tracey x Misty)
Contestshipping (Drew x May)
Luckshipping (Brock x Pike Queen Lucy)
Transceivershipping (Nate x Yancy)
Isshushipping (N x Hilbert)
Specialshipping (Red x Yellow)
Franticshipping (Ruby x Sapphire)
PerfectWorldShipping (Lysandre x Professor Sycamore)

To a lesser extent
Pearlshipping (Ash x Dawn)
Advanceshipping (Ash x May)
Twinleafshipping (Barry x Dawn)
Comashipping (Ash x Paul)
PreciousMetalshipping (Gold x Silver)

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Pokeshipping - Ash x Misty
Egoshipping - Misty x Gary
Handymanshipping - Tracey x Daisy
Contestshipping - May x Drew
Ikarishipping - Dawn x Paul
Penguinshipping - Dawn x Kenny
Cavaliarshipping - Dawn x Gary
Wishfulshipping - Cilan x Iris
Spiceshipping - Mallow x Kiawe

Twinleafshipping (Dawn x Barry) and GeekChicShipping (Serena x Clemont) get honorable mentions anime wise, but I ship twinleaf heavily game wise.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Amourshipping (Ash x Serena)-The most canon shipping of main companion
Pearlshipping (Ash x Dawn)-BFF shipping
Penguinshipping - Dawn x Kenny
Contestshipping (Drew x May)-Another close to canon pairing
Luckshipping (Brock x Pike Queen Lucy)
Transceivershipping (Nate x Yancy)
Isshushipping (N x Hilbert)

Genaller

Silver Soul
  • Ash’s Serena
  • May x Drew
  • Dawn x Kenny
  • Misty x Tracey
  • Harley x Solidad
  • Brock x Lucy
  • Nando x Zoey
  • Jessie x James
  • Viola x Grant
  • Steven x Diantha
  • Alain x Marin

In addition to supporting these pairings I think each of them has a good chance of being canon at some future point in the Pokémon anime world (though some may take a lot longer to get there than others). Here are some other pairings that I like though I doubt the characters in question will ever actually get together:
  • Conway x Katie
  • Lance x Shelly
  • Cynthia x Flint
  • Remo x Astrid
  • Gary x Paul

Friendshipper

Gotta Love 'Em All
I'm not a big shipper myself, not romantically anyway. But there are few I like:

Anime-
-Abilityshipping (Ash & Anabel)
-Rocketshipping (James & Jessie)
-SommelierShipping (Cilan & Burgundy)

Manga/Game-
Specialshipping (Red & Yellow)
MangaQuestShipping (Gold & Crystal)
FranticShipping (Ruby & Sapphire)
Gymshipping (Brock & Misty)
Gracefulshipping (Wallace & Winona)
DualRivalShipping (Cheren & Bianca)
DragonHeartShipping (Benga & Iris)

.....Though I prefer most of them as mere friends. I can still see them together.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Anime-
Ash x Anabel
Ash x Gladion
Dawn x Zoey
May x Drew
Pikachu x Ketchup
Brock x Ivy
Brock x Lucy
Max x Bonnie

Games-
Elio x Lillie
Gladion x Selene
Falkner x Janine
Hilda x N
Wes x Rui
Serena x Shauna
Grovile x Celebi
Anyone x Ditto

xEryChan

Demon Child
Contestshippjng (Drew x May)
Luckshipping (Lucy x Brock)

To a lesser extent, I also ship Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) and Advanceshipping (Ash x May) but overall, I think Ash had the biggest bond with Dawn than any of his other female traveling companions.

Agencyshipping (Black x White)

I never could get into MangaQuestshipping (Gold x Crystal), no matter how hard I tried. It’s one of those ships that I really wanted to like but could never seem to and as time went on, I found myself shipping Gold with Silver more than Crystal. Fast forward to now when MangaQuestshipping is one of my least favorite ships.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
When I support a shipping, I support it fully because I feel the characters involved are/would be good for each other. Whether or not a shipping is canon or has hints has absolutely zero influence in whether or not I ship it. Therefore, the crackiest of crack pairings have just as much a chance to earn my support as the most obviously canon ships do.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Contestshippjng (Drew x May)
Luckshipping (Lucy x Brock)

To a lesser extent, I also ship Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) and Advanceshipping (Ash x May) but overall, I think Ash had the biggest bond with Dawn than any of his other female traveling companions.

Agencyshipping (Black x White)

I never could get into MangaQuestshipping (Gold x Crystal), no matter how hard I tried. It’s one of those ships that I really wanted to like but could never seem to and as time went on, I found myself shipping Gold with Silver more than Crystal. Fast forward to now when MangaQuestshipping is one of my least favorite ships.

Ash does of a lot of interactions with Dawn and is pretty much her best friend. In addition to how Dawn and May got him into doing contests. (I don't see the ship, but I can see someone making that a good ship out of it due to context.)

As for Luckshipping. I'm on boat with this as much as between Brock x Ivy... even if the later canonically sank. (What happened to make Brock curl up into a ball and regret knowing the name Ivy? That is the mystery I want to know and never will.)

I haven't read the manga that much to say anything about the manga. What has happened between Gold and Silver?

When I support a shipping, I support it fully because I feel the characters involved are/would be good for each other. Whether or not a shipping is canon or has hints has absolutely zero influence in whether or not I ship it. Therefore, the crackiest of crack pairings have just as much a chance to earn my support as the most obviously canon ships do.

You can get creative with certain crack pairings. I got a list and some of them can be messed up if you take it seriously while others are bleeping hilarious! (I got a list that I'm not sharing.)

Last edited:

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
Anime:
AshxMisty
AsxLana
MistyxLana
AshxMistyxLana
MistyxDuplica
MayxBlaziken
DeliaxOak (Oak is not the father)

Manga: