1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What are your favourite additions to the Pokémon games?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by AgentKallus, Aug 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Gen 2 - Full color, moving sprites, gender options, day and night cycles, rematches and actual postgame.

Gen 3 - Natures and held items.

Gen 4 - GTS, Improved BF and Contests, physical/special split, the Pokewalker, Pokémon following you and the PokéAthlon.

Gen 5 - Reusable TMs, the game asking whether you want to use another Repel and the Pokémon World Tournament.

Gen 6 - customization, PokéAmie, 3d graphics, easier EV training and breeding and diagonal movement.

Gen 7 - Totem pokémon and the exclusion of TMs.

My all time favorites are the PokéAthlon, Super Contests, Gen 4 Battle Frontier and the Pokémon World Tournament.

2. WolfCypher

WolfCypher Well-Known Member

The Physical/Special attribute split.

No longer is a move like Fire PUNCH a Special move simply because its Fire type. Deciding that a move is Special or Physical based on whether the move is a projectile/energy move or a physical strike makes way more sense.

For instance, had this change not happened, a move like Aura Sphere would have been a Physical move. Its an energy ball that focuses Ki DBZ-like into a Hadoken, but "cus its Fighting, it has to be Physical." That would have made zero sense.

Lunalah and wolf jani like this.
  3. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

THIS.
    It was so annoying to activate the repel each time its effect was gone :/

Lunalah and wobbanut like this.
  4. Lunalah

Lunalah Well-Known Member

Reusable TMs were godly when they got introduced in Generation 5. No more having to trade with other people when you needed a TM that you had already used before.

wobbanut, Leonhart and wolf jani like this.
  5. Sicksadpanda

Sicksadpanda Member

Other than the obvious improvements, I did enjoy breeding getting improvements every gens. Passing down pokeball designs via breeding is probably my favorite one.

Leonhart, TRNRLogan and wolf jani like this.
  6. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

All the new Pokemon in each generation. The individual species are the best part of the series.

wolf jani likes this.
  7. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Or using one pokemon as your breed slave, much like a pokemon was your HM slave in older games. I had to do that a lot in gen 3 and 4 to pass down TMs I liked to multiple pokemon.

8. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Not needing a near-permanent move is an exceptionally convenient decision for Generation 7. Of course, even before then they've been making it less and less necessary

AgentKallus likes this.