• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your habits in Pokémon games?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
anime themed names? check! weird set moves for underappreciated pokemon just because i can? yes. replicating and slightly updating moves/duplicates in newer gen of pokemon from previous game and keeping the same names/theme, yup. many legends just sit in their boxes but Suicune is the exception.

also what are these "event pokemon"??? never heard of them, dont care much about them. not fan of shinies unless i like the design. i absolutely hate those players that try to trade you shinies/legendaries/event pokemon thinking you give a single poop about them and assume that you have a similar collection that you want to trade with them. my trick is to choose a random early common pokemon and jam their attempted trade until they get tired/ticked off and break the trade request. i will also jam their trade and do something else as they try in vain to show something of interest as i read a book, cook food ETC, anything but focus my eyes on the game itself. why let them waste my time?? when i can let them be the ones guilty of wasting their own time not pestering others with crazy demands as i let them flail in the waves. they only got themselves to blame for their lost time.

i am guilty of having pokemon named some words i cant put in posts here to show my discontent to these traders. i feel no remorse when i show them these "specially named" pokemon to shiny legend event traders when they tick me off. i'll let your imagination guess their names.

Last edited:

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
anime themed names? check! weird set moves for underappreciated pokemon just because i can? yes. replicating and slightly updating moves/duplicates in newer gen of pokemon from previous game and keeping the same names/theme, yup. many legends just sit in their boxes but Suicune is the exception.

also what are these "event pokemon"??? never heard of them, dont care much about them. not fan of shinies unless i like the design. i absolutely hate those players that try to trade you shinies/legendaries/event pokemon thinking you give a single poop about them and assume that you have a similar collection that you want to trade with them. my trick is to choose a random early common pokemon and jam their attempted trade until they get tired/ticked off and break the trade request. i will also jam their trade and do something else as they try in vain to show something of interest as i read a book, cook food ETC, anything but focus my eyes on the game itself. why let them waste my time?? when i can let them be the ones guilty of wasting their own time not pestering others with crazy demands as i let them flail in the waves. they only got themselves to blame for their lost time.

i am guilty of having pokemon named some words i cant put in posts here to show my discontent to these traders. i feel no remorse when i show them these "specially named" pokemon to shiny legend event traders when they tick me off. i'll let your imagination guess their names.
Even though I adore shinies and event mons, I admire your creativity in insulting the traders who try to show them off. That’s priceless.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I only use my favorite Pokémon. Even if it’s weak (I’m looking at you, Arjen the Frosmoth).
I always give my legendaries the same names (ex. Kartana is always Origami, Articuno is always Acien, Reshiram is ALWAYS Alen). Most of the time, I name my mons based on
1. music artists or characters I like
2. real names of said music artists
3. plays on their actual name, or just me stealing a part of their name (Iani the Zacian, Ileon the Inteleon)
4. their color (Cyan the shiny Stunfisk, Golden the shiny Altaria)

I did a classic rock themed team in Y once (go, Axl the Noivern!), and electronic music themed teams in Sword & Shield (Saska the Boltund is named after the chiptune artist tiasu).

I plan my teams months before release, and am always on the lookout for leaked mons (provided they’re legit, i found out about SwSh’s dex a few weeks before release because of this, same with USUM’s). I do the same with locations and other game intel. I’m a spoiler junkie when it comes to Pokémon.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Even though I adore shinies and event mons, I admire your creativity in insulting the traders who try to show them off. That’s priceless.
if you had to deal with that BS ever since gen6 , into gen7 and likely into gen8 then yes it does get to me. most of my message pokemon are for PG purposes. stuff like : yes, no (small cute pokemon), TY, need, dont need, dont care, hate it, useless (names a great pokemon or just a cute small one) ETC. the ones that really tick me off i will just use the creative insult names to get them to break the trade. often id name a shiny an insult for the extreme purposes. just how cant you say no to a small tiny cute pokemon that makes warms everyone's heart when they look at it?? NO and USELESS are the ones I call upon most of the time when they go bragging and when I leave them to scroll through their boxes.

when i first started trading in gen6, you find out bartering without words is difficult at the best of times without using actual words though nicknames. started as basic communication for messages and then the special names to insult those pests. in gen6 my broadcasting statements were along the lines of i hate *pokemon* (*=stars ie shiny) or i hate event pkmn, did that stop people from bragging or failing to read the english language? not one bit...

i dont follow the popular tiers for competetive so my team members are from different tiers regardless of stats or typing ie playing my favorites and dealing with the disadvantages of them and just suprising the opponent. i love using Kanto Fetch'd, dont give a damn about its evolved form or galar type. one gen7 battle i had i had a Gliscor sword dance sweep which i squandered on purpose. i KO'd the first 5 and let them take down Gliscor after i got their last mon to a very low health. a first impression Fetch'd for the kill :). i love how people disregard Fetch'd only to see them take massive damage from it.

Last edited: