• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your least favorite episodes from the anime?

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
What are your least favorite episodes from the anime? (can be listed by saga)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The overused fillers or filler plot-like episodes that revolve around a cotd or potd and Team Rocket being involved in some way and that these episodes are used as padding to meet a certain amount of episodes for a series instead of using them for more storyline plot episodes.

Flashyspark

The one about Misdreavus and Murkrow and the Dusk Stones. What was it called? I just remember it being really boring and pointless. Johto is known for having some of the worst fillers but even Sinnoh had really bad ones like that one.

Ash king episodes
JN108
JN105
SM episode with talking Pokemon
XY131

Leonhart

Imagineer
EP197 and DP121 stand out as being some of the worst episodes from my perspective. The former because Doble [Smeargle] is simply a very humdrum species and the plot wasn't very stimulating, and the latter because aside from Hayashigame [Grotle] learning Rock Climb, nothing about the episode intrigued me. EP197 is doubly displeasing because it was written by Takeshi Shudo, who normally wrote very good episodes, yet this one just didn't hit the mark.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The Kangaskhan Kid is really bad on so many levels. It is easily one of the worst episodes of the anime and of any show ever. Parents lose kid and know exactly where he is yet wait years before coming to get him, the dad is a legit lunatic that loves flashing his nipples to his own son (he is actually the only human male ever shown in the anime as having nipples for no explanation at all and it happens so randomly too), Officer Jenny ignores the fact that the dad is so insane that he needs to be placed in jail immediately for everyone else’s safety, and Tommy can speak in a human language and understand human speech despite being raised by Pokémon and being kept away from other humans for years. This is exactly how you should not tell a story that was inspired by Tarzan and/or The Jungle Book.

nekojyara

EP197 and DP121 stand out as being some of the worst episodes from my perspective. The former because Doble [Smeargle] is simply a very humdrum species and the plot wasn't very stimulating, and the latter because aside from Hayashigame [Grotle] learning Rock Climb, nothing about the episode intrigued me. EP197 is doubly displeasing because it was written by Takeshi Shudo, who normally wrote very good episodes, yet this one just didn't hit the mark.
DP121 is well...the 'remarkable' thing from that episode is transition to HD.
Which is second latest for any long-running anime, only before Doraemon who did that in May 2009

Gingertail24

I'm kinda tired of seeing the same episodes brought up, like the elesa one or axew one.

I'm gonna bring up that rotom filler episode in XY. Like you can tell this episode wasn't planned well at all. First there is this run down hotel where there are battles held and if you lose, this guy takes away your mons

First, why the hell would anyone even agree to that? Tf. Second, where the hell is officer jenny. Third the rotom ran away years ago because it was a coward and instead of just apologize to the owner (his trainer) which is still in the hotel as the owner . he somehow, somehow, sends Ash and the gang in the past to fix his mistakes. Wtf, nowhere and I mean nowhere has it been stated that rotom can even be able to do this. He just posseses an elevator and takes them to the -10 floor which takes them in the past. Lol wtf, they clearly gave up trying to make sense at this point

So the gang fights the bad guy and wins and was sent back to the present. Mind you, the butterfly affect means nothing to these people and they barely react when being sent, y'know, 10 years in the past

I can understand Ash, because he has done a bunch of crazier adventures and he has been to the last before. But the others non reaction is unexcused

Then when they return to the present, somehow the owner doesn't question how these kids who helped in the last are the exact same age in 10 years in the future. Lol ok

This episode wasn't even turn your brain off and have fun or the anime taking creative liberties. They just said **** it and wrote some weird ass episode