1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What are your plans/goals for 2020?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Sham, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Sham

Sham Get better soon

"New Years Resolutions" are so yesterday, am I right? With New Years approaching in five days, what do you have plan for the new decade?

2. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland

- Find some way to be able to walk on icy/slippery terrain
    - Save up to get the following: $900+ smartphone, laptop, UGG boots, and to start investing.
    - Complete a major fanfic project
    - Learn to be able to file my own taxes

NovaBrunswick and Leonhart like this.
  3. Divine Retribution

Divine Retribution Master of the freak show

I don't do New Years resolutions, but my plans for the proximate future are to put myself through driver's ed and get my license, work towards developing a marketable skill, and maybe pick writing back up as I haven't done it in a very long time.

4. MotostokeOnTrent

MotostokeOnTrent PokéJungle writer

This past year has been a pretty great one:

- Met my long-distance girlfriend in the flesh
    - Got a new, well-paying job
    - Started living alone for the first time ever in a new flat
    - Flew by myself for the first time ever, to Dubai - followed up by another first-time trip to Washington DC a week later
    - Took up a voluntary writing role to force myself to remain self-disciplined in my free time

As for 2020, it's therefore a case of keeping the ship steady. I'd like to lose a few more kg beyond just the Christmas weight, and get myself into a good position for promotion even if it doesn't necessarily occur this year.

Edit: It does actually help to read the OP, doesn't it? I'd like to be owning my own house within the next decade, and earning £100k by the end of it. Marriage and children would be a nice bonus.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  5. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

• Be more creative and productive
    • Be more open about my emotions
    • Socialize more
    • Walk with my dog more often
    • Start saving money instead of spending it all in one go
    • Be more tidy

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  6. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

I need to manage my spare time better. I keep getting distracted by shows and websites when I get a chance to relax at home, but those things only make me more lazy and complacent. I really need to get better at being self-motivated.

Leonhart and Sham like this.
  7. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Happy Holidays! Staff Member Moderator

Try to get back writing more fic, once my laptop is back at full power.
    Get back to learning more Spanish and coding.

Sham likes this.
  8. Sketchie

Sketchie it's about the CUBES

-- Open commissions formally!
    -- Finally start work on that Nuzlocke comic I've been planning for literal years
    -- Focus on making art for the joy of making art, and work off the perfection demons
    -- Work back into writing and music.
    -- Work on current friendships and family relationships, and make one new one at the very least.
    -- Continue creating a healthy relationship with boyfriend and work to be a better communicator
    -- pass ALL the classes!

Leonhart likes this.
  9. Ignition

Ignition Wake me up when get to Sinnoh

*Might pick up coding again. Got burnt out of it but I need to get back into it if I want to make my own game at some point
    *Plan out what I’m doing after graduation in 6 months. This has been driving me insane lately.
    *Spend more time with my friends irl. We usually either have late night calls on Discord and/or play games but if it’s not that, I’m probably sucked up in my own life issues being busy.
    *Exercise more frequently. Haven’t had the time to last year
    *Get a new job. I hate having a repetitive life so I need to shake it up a bit

Sketchie likes this.
  10. SerenaRulez

SerenaRulez Well-Known Member

I want to travel more. Last year I only traveled once on a three day holiday but this year I want to visit Germany or France maybe both if I can get funding for the trips. :)

Sketchie likes this.