• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your taboo opinions about the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
For me the second round of showcases was more unique and creative than the first round of contests.
Cuz the performers can use more than 2 Pokemon and it even perform with its Pokemon, where in contests its only 1-2 Pokemon and the coordinator doesn’t perform with them

I love TR and I want to see them more in Journeys, we barely see them

The fav part in contests and showcases episodes is to see Jessie's performance and contests. She is splendid

DatsRight

For me the second round of showcases was more unique and creative than the first round of contests.
Cuz the performers can use more than 2 Pokemon and it even perform with its Pokemon, where in contests its only 1-2 Pokemon and the coordinator doesn’t perform with them

I love TR and I want to see them more in Journeys, we barely see them

The fav part in contests and showcases episodes is to see Jessie's performance and contests. She is splendid
Yeah I tend to like whenever TR are allowed to be actually good at something instead of just cheating or interrupting things.

I think they're more unique and compelling when, instead of just being stock loser antagonists, they're conveyed as promising characters with legitimate talent who made the mistake of following the one career they have no success at. It's why I can't hate DP Team Rocket since they tended to get that right about them.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Taboo opinion: I think that by the time its over, the fanbase will look back at Journeys and consider it a good Pokemon series. Journeys is not as bad as it seems, and despite some missteps around execution, the story feels like it is building towards something big for the 25th anniversary.

Right now, it seems like its dragging as they move pieces into place for the final act. But I feel like this story is building towards something bigger next year on the scale of XYZ.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Lillie could look good with os-xy arstyle, instead of having a distorted face

I always thought the ew electric boy from SM could participate in trails, instead of being pointless and boring

The green chef girl from SM should jage participated in cooking contests like top chef

Serena is the best developed poke girl cuz she didnt just developed professionally , but also personally

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Yeah I tend to like whenever TR are allowed to be actually good at something instead of just cheating or interrupting things.

I think they're more unique and compelling when, instead of just being stock loser antagonists, they're conveyed as promising characters with legitimate talent who made the mistake of following the one career they have no success at. It's why I can't hate DP Team Rocket since they tended to get that right about them.
The first half of BW also got TRio right with making them more of an actual threat and being perfectly capable of focusing on assignments and not wasting any time on anything insignificant or unnecessary such as Pikachu literally standing there right in front of their faces. It showed that while they’ve messed up very badly in the past, they are still valuable to Giovanni and he trusts them enough to go on top secret missions. I have a theory that this is why Giovanni never got rid of TRio despite their many many costly screw ups. They can easily take out any opposing evil team without realizing that by accidentally setting off a major situation that leads to the rival Team’s defeat and dismantling, TRio are actually helping Giovanni remain at the top of Pokémon organized crime’s underground. They were present for literally every evil Team’s downfall other than Team Skull who were just a street gang and Team Yell who are just loud mouthed fans of Marnie who have never done any real harm to anyone other than act obnoxiously and block off rival trainers’ paths. The Aether Organization and Rose Corporation aren’t really evil teams as neither really had evil plans nor did their leaders really mean any harm by their plans.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
The first half of BW also got TRio right with making them more of an actual threat and being perfectly capable of focusing on assignments and not wasting any time on anything insignificant or unnecessary such as Pikachu literally standing there right in front of their faces. It showed that while they’ve messed up very badly in the past, they are still valuable to Giovanni and he trusts them enough to go on top secret missions. I have a theory that this is why Giovanni never got rid of TRio despite their many many costly screw ups. They can easily take out any opposing evil team without realizing that by accidentally setting off a major situation that leads to the rival Team’s defeat and dismantling, TRio are actually helping Giovanni remain at the top of Pokémon organized crime’s underground. They were present for literally every evil Team’s downfall other than Team Skull who were just a street gang and Team Yell who are just loud mouthed fans of Marnie who have never done any real harm to anyone other than act obnoxiously and block off rival trainers’ paths. The Aether Organization and Rose Corporation aren’t really evil teams as neither really had evil plans nor did their leaders really mean any harm by their plans.
Team Yell hasn't shown up yet

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Iris should of won that battle against Ash. Bias aside for the most part we’ve seen Iris’ Dragonite battle way more than Ash’s Dracovish and potentially his Dragonite but somebody good with records will have to confirm the latter. And not to mention she’s had her Haxorus longer than both his Pokémon. It doesn’t make any sense how Dracovish was able to KO Dragonite with two moves when we’ve seen the former tank Georgia’s Beartic and Dawn’s Mamoswine (unless you’re saying it’s stronger than both) also special shout-out to tanking Charizard’s Dragon Tail. And Drayden specifically said Ash’s Dragonite was weakened by his previous fight but still able to tank Iris’ Dragonite and Haxorus. I realize that power scaling is stupid but my issue is not so much Iris’ Pokémon should be stronger but more so we don’t have accurate dedicated scenes showing Ash training these Pokémon. We are just suppose to assume he’s training them and even then there are episodes where he finds out a Pokémon knows a move and is surprised like Dracovish so how much is he training them?

Last edited:

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Iris should of won that battle against Ash. Bias aside for the most part we’ve seen Iris’ Dragonite battle way more than Ash’s Dracovish and potentially his Dragonite but somebody good with records will have to confirm the latter. And not to mention she’s had her Haxorus longer than both his Pokémon. It doesn’t make any sense how Dracovish was able to KO Dragonite with two moves when we’ve seen the former rank Georgia’s Beartic and Dawn’s Mamoswine (unless you’re saying it’s stronger than both) and Drayden specifically said Ash’s Dragonite was weakened by his previous fight but still able to tank Iris’ Dragonite and Haxorus. I realize that power scaling is stupid but my issue is not so much Iris’ Pokémon should be stronger but more so we don’t have accurate dedicated scenes showing Ash training these Pokémon. We are just suppose to assume he’s training them and even then there are episodes where he finds out a Pokémon knows a move and is surprised like Dracovish so how much is he training them?
I guess that's kind of an issue with JN I have, Ash's team is basically making his older Pokemon look like wimps that couldn't do anything right without training. And it's also why powerscaling is completely broke by applying the whole "fresh start" to a goal that involves powercreeping everything before

Sham

I guess that's kind of an issue with JN I have, Ash's team is basically making his older Pokemon look like wimps that couldn't do anything right without training. And it's also why powerscaling is completely broke by applying the whole "fresh start" to a goal that involves powercreeping everything before
Essentially and it just makes any challenger he faces feel unfair or unearned because there is no investment in his wins. It just feels like he’s winning because he’s Ash not because he’s actually worked hard for it.

Iris should of won that battle against Ash. Bias aside for the most part we’ve seen Iris’ Dragonite battle way more than Ash’s Dracovish and potentially his Dragonite but somebody good with records will have to confirm the latter. And not to mention she’s had her Haxorus longer than both his Pokémon. It doesn’t make any sense how Dracovish was able to KO Dragonite with two moves when we’ve seen the former tank Georgia’s Beartic and Dawn’s Mamoswine (unless you’re saying it’s stronger than both) also special shout-out to tanking Charizard’s Dragon Tail. and Drayden specifically said Ash’s Dragonite was weakened by his previous fight but still able to tank Iris’ Dragonite and Haxorus. I realize that power scaling is stupid but my issue is not so much Iris’ Pokémon should be stronger but more so we don’t have accurate dedicated scenes showing Ash training these Pokémon. We are just suppose to assume he’s training them and even then there are episodes where he finds out a Pokémon knows a move and is surprised like Dracovish so how much is he training them?
Preach brother Iris got robbed

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Okay I take back my opinion of Ash being a Gary Stu in XY (but I still find him unlikeable and boring).
He's definitely a Gary Stu in journeys though with how he's getting all of these popular fanfic mons like Dragonite and Lucario on his team as well as using all these gimmicks like mega evolutions, z moves, and dmax/gmax in battle. We don't see him train his Pokemon at all but we're supposed to believe he could beat a regional champion like Iris with Pokemon he just caught instead of using his reserves like he should have been using from the start since this is supposed to be an anniversary and "world tour" series. There's also something I heard about him being unbeatable from this point on when he reached hyper class iirc? Yeah this definitely screams Gary Stu more than Ash ever was in XY.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Iris should of won that battle against Ash. Bias aside for the most part we’ve seen Iris’ Dragonite battle way more than Ash’s Dracovish and potentially his Dragonite but somebody good with records will have to confirm the latter. And not to mention she’s had her Haxorus longer than both his Pokémon. It doesn’t make any sense how Dracovish was able to KO Dragonite with two moves when we’ve seen the former tank Georgia’s Beartic and Dawn’s Mamoswine (unless you’re saying it’s stronger than both) also special shout-out to tanking Charizard’s Dragon Tail. and Drayden specifically said Ash’s Dragonite was weakened by his previous fight but still able to tank Iris’ Dragonite and Haxorus. I realize that power scaling is stupid but my issue is not so much Iris’ Pokémon should be stronger but more so we don’t have accurate dedicated scenes showing Ash training these Pokémon. We are just suppose to assume he’s training them and even then there are episodes where he finds out a Pokémon knows a move and is surprised like Dracovish so how much is he training them?
Battle levels are such a joke in Journeys istg

Sham

Whew okay I was scared I would just be labeled as an Iris stan and my opinion would be dismissed but yeah not sure if this is taboo or not (honestly it’s half and half with Journeys on here so idk) but this series is getting towards BW bad (I do realize BW is bad in a lot of stuff but childhood nostalgia + I love the cast so it’s my favorite). The battles aren’t making sense, Ash’s Pokémon not named Lucario and Dragonite are payed dust and who knows what Goh and Chloe are doing over there. It’s just a mess and I really need them to go back to the old formula pls. We get it SM and JN yay for breaking storyline rules!!!! Now let’s go back.

I don't know why anyone would think that holding the opinion that Iris should have beaten Ash in that episode would indicate stanning Iris. She absolutely should have won and her not winning is one of the many reasons why that episode thus far is the worst episode of Journeys for me and one of the worst episodes in the entire anime in general.

Sham

I don't know why anyone would think that holding the opinion that Iris should have beaten Ash in that episode would indicate stanning Iris. She absolutely should have won and her not winning is one of the many reasons why that episode thus far is the worst episode of Journeys for me and one of the worst episodes in the entire anime in general.
I've seen plenty of people invalidate my opinion because I like Iris and have been called biased numerous of times. Anyway we both finally can agree on something. I'm actually surprised you hold that opinion since initially you were against her being a Champion anyway.

Okay I take back my opinion of Ash being a Gary Stu in XY (but I still find him unlikeable and boring).
He's definitely a Gary Stu in journeys though with how he's getting all of these popular fanfic mons like Dragonite and Lucario on his team as well as using all these gimmicks like mega evolutions, z moves, and dmax/gmax in battle. We don't see him train his Pokemon at all but we're supposed to believe he could beat a regional champion like Iris with Pokemon he just caught instead of using his reserves like he should have been using from the start since this is supposed to be an anniversary and "world tour" series. There's also something I heard about him being unbeatable from this point on when he reached hyper class iirc? Yeah this definitely screams Gary Stu more than Ash ever was in XY.
If Ash was a Gary Stu in XY he would have won and he wouldn’t get depressed after his loss to Wulfric. If anything SM is a bigger Gary Stu than XY, but yes, JN is the biggest aka I get all the gimmicks.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
If Ash was a Gary Stu in XY he would have won and he wouldn’t get depressed after his loss to Wulfric. If anything SM is a bigger Gary Stu than XY, but yes, JN is the biggest aka I get all the gimmicks.
I don’t see how Ash is a Gary Stu simply bu having a Dragonite and Lucario, or by using mechanics anyone can use with enough training. And we don’t see him training cause of the sh** grade writing. If he one all the the leagues he participated in and caught a bunch legendaries easily, then thats when you could call him a Gary Stu

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Status
Not open for further replies.