• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your taboo opinions about the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Exactly, lits of things about her character in the anime just made her annoying to some people.

The voice was like a squeeshie toy, she had a one liner that was poorly adapted in English, and for a dragon trainer she had aweful character development in controling her ´nite.
Do you typically have a problem with the voices of female anime characters? Because her voice wasn't that much different from the voices of other young female characters in the original version, and from what little I heard from the BW dub, her English dub voice wasn't particularly grating. And from what I remember her English catchphrase was a faithful translation of her Japanese catchphrase, so I fail to see the problem there.

Not controversial but DP’s last Japanese opening is the best one and has never been beating.
I prefer High Touch but I love all the DP ops
The Greatest Everyday is a bop

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
A multiple Legendary/Mythical user isn't inherently a "cheating device". It's just the writing that was a complete disaster.
Correct. It's why no one minds Brandon. Him owning legendaries makes sense given his position and role and they're not used just to stop Ash's goals, they also serve to help him develop

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
XY’s game music is the best of the series and Hoenn comes close second
I'll give it to BW tbh, stuff like the gym leader last mon theme or any theme related to N is just amazing. Also counting spinoffs, shoutout to the PMD series, can't decide which specifically I prefer when it comes to music, but they're all awesome

Sham

The Guardian of War
DP had the best bangers

Canalave City
Route 216
Route 206
Route 206
Route 210
Galactic grunt theme
Galactic commander theme
Cyrus theme
Giratina theme
Palkia/Dialga theme
Sandgem town
Lake theme
Sunyshore theme
Battle Frontier
Barry’s theme

and the anime’s rendition of DP wild battle theme 206 and 210 chefs kiss.

The Winter Special looks awful as they making a joke out of it plus I don’t want to see Dialga vs Palkia again. Even in M10 I was bored by them fighting

Blastmaster

I can't see XY Ash as any less of an "overhaul" of his character as BW/SM/JN. Nothing about BW or OS-DP suggested he was ready to be the leader or a straight-up idol figure. Or even that it was something that ever should happen to him. Should the characters respect him? Yes. Emulate his behavior? Maybe a bit. But actively assert that he's their biggest role model, and their biggest goal is to be worthy of him? Nah.

If that's your cup of tea, more power to you. I realize it is for a lot of people. Hell, even I can enjoy it under certain circumstances. But XYZ makes way too many analogies to literal Jesus Christ for me to see that as classic Ash.

I can't see XY Ash as any less of an "overhaul" of his character as BW/SM/JN. Nothing about BW or OS-DP suggested he was ready to be the leader or a straight-up idol figure. Or even that it was something that ever should happen to him. Should the characters respect him? Yes. Emulate his behavior? Maybe a bit. But actively assert that he's their biggest role model, and their biggest goal is to be worthy of him? Nah.

If that's your cup of tea, more power to you. I realize it is for a lot of people. Hell, even I can enjoy it under certain circumstances. But XYZ makes way too many analogies to literal Jesus Christ for me to see that as classic Ash.
XY Ash: breathes
Sawyer: SATOSHI KUN YOU ARE SO AWESOME
Alain: You’re better than me even though your Greninja jobbed
Clemont and Bonnie: Ash is amazing!
Serena: OMG SATOSHIIIIIII I LOVE YOU PLEASE MARRY ME HAVE MY BABIES

I loved XY’s portrayal as a leader personality but I can see why some people exaggerate how his companions viewed him as as god. In fact the whole point of the snowball scene was Serena realized that Ash isn’t perfect which made her admire him more and fall in love with him.

Moonlight Starlight

Ash's companies in XY did treat him like he's Jesus or being worship by him and I don't like that. They don't know the real him that he makes a lot of mistakes from his past or wasn't great at something's he doesn't understand which I like his other companies OS-BW that see the real him which I miss his sassy side as a character.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."

Ash after DP has been a different dude in every series. Show him to a rando and they will tell you that these are different characters. I like XY Ash, but the sudden shift in his personality is jarring.

Status
Not open for further replies.