• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your taboo opinions about the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
Ash after DP has been a different dude in every series. Show him to a rando and they will tell you that these are different characters. I like XY Ash, but the sudden shift in his personality is jarring.
Ash in BW did terribly and after coming to Kalos and losing to the first gym leader and the training after not going well enough, it's pretty much implied that he started doubting himself, but Serena encouraged him and reminds him of his motto, that was his turning point, then he became really Battle Focused as we see throughout XY. I think the writers did a fine enough job with the BW and XY transition.

SM was just whatever since it was a time-skip

Ash’s Battle Frontier team is better than his XY team. Goodra and Noivern suck. Hawlucha and Talonflame are ok. Ash Greninja isn’t on the same tier as Sceptile and Charizard.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Ash’s Battle Frontier team is better than his XY team.
Are you just counting Pikachu,Sceptile,Donphan,Corphish and Swellow?
Ash Greninja isn’t on the same tier as Sceptile and Charizard.
In it's base form it's below all of Ash's biggest heavy hitters,it can't take that much damage.But as Ash-Greninja it's unfortunately stronger than Charizard and Sceptile.

Are you just counting Pikachu,Sceptile,Donphan,Corphish and Swellow?

In it's base form it's below all of Ash's biggest heavy hitters,it can't take that much damage.But as Ash-Greninja it's unfortunately stronger than Charizard and Sceptile.
No it isn’t. It performed bad against Alain’s Charizard and got knocked out in two hits. I’ll put it above Charizard and Sceptile when it does something impressive like beat a legendary or at least a strong opponent.
For the BF Team I’m counting everyone that he used.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
No it isn’t. It performed bad against Alain’s Charizard and got knocked out in two hits. I’ll put it above Charizard and Sceptile when it does something impressive like beat a legendary or at least a strong opponent.
Then Ash's Charizard and Sceptile should both be capable of defeating Alain's MCX or at least do better than Greninja did.

If we're counting everyone for his BF team then yh it's stronger than his XY team which is top heavy.

Then Ash's Charizard and Sceptile should both be capable of defeating Alain's MCX or at least do better than Greninja did.

If we're counting everyone for his BF team then yh it's stronger than his XY team which is top heavy.
The rest of Ash’s Kalos team minus Pikachu would get swept by Alain if his other five members not named Charizard didn’t suck so bad.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
The rest of Ash’s Kalos team minus Pikachu would get swept by Alain if his other five members not named Charizard didn’t suck so bad.
Beavis & Butt-Head should be able to tell you all about Ash-Greninja,I can't be bothered with it anymore.

The reason why I bash Greninja is because Greninja disappointed me greatly. It was supposed to win Ash his first league, and it didn’t. GRENINJA WAS THE CHOSEN ONE!

DatsRight

I don't think the shillmon are inherently bad. If anything the anime has a commendable track record with competently adding main characters primarily for marketing purposes.

Shillmon tend to only get grating when it is obvious they are there for that one purpose. Greninja got grating in the end because he blatantly only existed for the hype train 24/7, and that hype train was leading up to a LIE. I don't think I would have appreciated it even if Greninja DID win since it was so empty otherwise, compared to Lycanroc who was also a shillmon, but at least had a personality and didn't sap as much screentime from its teammates leading up to its final battle. It wasn't just episode after episode of 'HE'S GONNA DO IT! HE'S GONNA DO IT!"

Hell Pikachu is usually an okay shillmon because he takes as many falls for other Pokemon as often as he steals moments from them, and he at least is treated as a character and a foil instead of just a marketing agenda.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.