• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your taboo opinions about the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
He was defending his girl friend. (Yes Greninja and Braixen were dating just like their trainers :p)
aye man just because Serena had a crush on Ash doesn’t mean they were dating. yes, i’m biased. :)

ngl Greninja dating Braixen sounds kinda cute tho

Pokémon x Pokémon ships are better than Human x Human ships.

Teravolt

daily reminder that Cilan is, in fact, best boy
8dxmN1T.jpg

i love him
i need to watch the anime more for screencaps but BW’s just not good

Teravolt

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
1. I dislike misty’s character and disliked pokeshipping and never saw it canon… and on the flip side am neutral to Serena’s character (nowadays) and dislike amourshipping just as much as pokeshipping and with thinking the anime will never end don’t think ash will actually end with anyone.
2. People usually like how team rocket were in BW. Not me! I preferred them to have personality & be who they actually are, & not like some fanfic writer made Jessie, James, and meowth OoC just to make them more threatening. Of course, if the writers kept their personality while also make them threatening like back in early OS that’d be awesome.
3. Ash should at the very latest, left in Jhoto. That’s when his development came into full & they could’ve developed him pretty much in full without all the boring fillers. This is where he finally got Charizard to obey him after Kanto Pokemon league & finally beat Gary in the jhoto leauge after all.
4. I didn’t like the don george tornments in BW. Mainly partly to do that I didn’t give a f about most characters in BW, but I feel like they did 0 to help develop any characters in a very interesting way.
5. As someone who likes Dawn, her 9 episode return in BW was terrible imo & from what I heard don’t really look forward to see her return in JN. She didn’t seem to get more forward in her contest, like May was refered to as ‘Hoenn Princess.’ There’s nothing new with Dawns team, and we barely saw her battle & only to lose in a controversial way.
6. Despite (obviously) not liking the BW anime, I do like Iris & find her pretty overhated.
7. I never liked any gags even Brocks & bewares gags I found just to be wastes of time & never could find them funny.
8. I dislike XY Ash. He seemed mostly very bland & typical shonnen main character. I thought SM ash was better even if I didn’t like SM’s artstyle of ash all that much.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
The Hoenn League is better than the Kalos League and Johto League.
Ever Grande Conference

-Has ice,rock,water and grass battlefields.multiple on screen battles

-256 trainers participated at the League

-Morrison vs Jump (1 on 1)
-Ash vs Gilbert (1 on 1)
-Tyson vs Vivica (1 on 1)
-Morrison vs Gavin (2 on 2)
-Ash vs Dominick (2 on 2)
-Tyson vs Johnny (2 on 2)
-Ash vs Clark (2 on 2)
-Ash vs Katie (6 on 6/One of the greatest battles in the entire series)
-Ash vs Morrison (6 on 6)
-Ash vs Tyson (6 on 6)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sinnoh League is definitely better,the Johto League has a case,I been back and forth between which was better.

Hoenn League has a ton of on screen battles while Johto League has a lot of good moments.

-Ash's Charizard vs Harrison's Blaziken
-Ash's Charizard vs Gary's Blastoise/Golem/Scizor
-Ash's Bulbasaur vs Jackson's Meganium
-Ash's Squirtle vs Macy's Quilava/Electabuzz

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...

DatsRight

I liked Shudo's take, save the weird 'deadbeat dad' and 'universe is pointlessly grim' crap. In fact, I wish he stayed on and that the anime had taken to his better ideas, like Molly Hale's mom being dead.
Still I can kinda see why they didn't go for Shudo's take without some of those nuances in the end, the show wanted the universe to be more idealistic and simple, which meant everyone was just kinda cynical and rude for no reason and in some cases even got enabled to act like such.

The show being a bit cynical and snide I think could have worked if they found a way to keep that foundation, that everyone had built up a bitter defensive streak over what a crapshoot being a Pokemon trainer really is, but without it, it sometimes felt a bit too mean spirited for the sake of it. Not to mention too many episodes where Ash was designated as the sole wrong party because the show needed to enforce a bright and helpful moral and overlook how grim and unpleasant the other characters acted.

I think the only Shudo characters that really got to keep most of their nuances despite the dumbing down were Team Rocket, likely why they were the most popular characters in that era, and even then likely only because they could excuse a lot of the callousness with 'they're bad guys'. Seriously some of their backgrounds verge on adult swim level mean spiritedness. :p It might also be why Team Rocket slowly ended up looking like third wheels and more one note comical baddies as the show became more genuinely idealistic.

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

1. I dislike misty’s character and disliked pokeshipping and never saw it canon… and on the flip side am neutral to Serena’s character (nowadays) and dislike amourshipping just as much as pokeshipping and with thinking the anime will never end don’t think ash will actually end with anyone.
Honestly Misty is very generic of a character, I only like her because she stayed in the show during 5 years and that was part of my childhood. Obviously she has many good (and bad) interactions with Ash but that's almost all she has in the show. Ironically she was treated better in her appearences post OS.

ShinyKyogre670

1. I like Goh(Come at me Goh haters)
2. I like the Journeys anime and really think it has potential to surpass XY
3. Greninja is too overrated
4. Serena’s character is the least developed one and she’s only the favriote of people cos of Amourshipping
5. Leaving Greninja behind was a good decision because keeping that thing in Oak’s Lab would be a waste
6. 1.2.3 is a good opening and I like it
7. Ash losing to Alain wasn’t a bad thing

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
1. I like Goh(Come at me Goh haters)
2. I like the Journeys anime and really think it has potential to surpass XY
3. Greninja is too overrated
4. Serena’s character is the least developed one and she’s only the favriote of people cos of Amourshipping
5. Leaving Greninja behind was a good decision because keeping that thing in Oak’s Lab would be a waste
6. 1.2.3 is a good opening and I like it
7. Ash losing to Alain wasn’t a bad thing
We probably won’t be friends here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.