• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your thoughts on Dawn character

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't mind Hikari, although as I was watching some Shinou saga episodes again last year, I realized that a lot of her Contest wins seemed cheap and full of convenience, especially when she faced Urara's Prasle and Minun.

Psychotic

NotLikeThis
She was so well done the writers had to scrap contests entirely because any successive costar coordinator would look a watered-down Dawn in comparison.

Nafsika

Best female character ever!!!
I loved her journey and her strangle from her loses but she got through this and kept following her dream!!!! Her relationship with Ash was strong, solid and very good handled!!! They learned a lot one for each other and they really care for the other`s well being!!! Her pokemon were awesome and funny, especially Piplup was the something else!!! I liked how she admired Brock for his medical expertise but she was made fun with his love life!!! Her interaction with Kenny was a nice way to learn more about her and her past!!! Her rivalry/friendship with Zoye was good and helped her development as coordinator and character!!!! Her mum was so cool and I liked the fact that stopped antagonize her and decided to do it with her own way!!!
I think that Dawn is the most well handled female protagonist in the anime!!! She won fair and square her time on screen!!!

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I realized that a lot of her Contest wins seemed cheap and full of convenience, especially when she faced Urara's Prasle and Minun.

I didn't like how Dawn kept winning against Ursula, tho this isn't necessarily an issue that I have with Dawn herself. The biggest issue that I had with how Dawn was handled was how she kept getting problems that she had to overcome during the last leg of her journey. It seemed like the writers enjoyed pushing her back several paces.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Best one handled so far. Consistent development with no major flaw. A good blueprint on how a pokegirl should be handled.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The biggest issue that I had with how Dawn was handled was how she kept getting problems that she had to overcome during the last leg of her journey.

Other than Mamoswine's disobedience and the Ice Chandelier thing, I don't remember Dawn suffering that many setbacks tbh.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Other than Mamoswine's disobedience and the Ice Chandelier thing, I don't remember Dawn suffering that many setbacks tbh.

It was little things such as Togekiss being out of sync with Dawn when she first used it and then Piplup running away when he got fed up with Gible's Draco Meteor. It just felt like Dawn always had some new problem that took a whole episode to fix.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
It was little things such as Togekiss being out of sync with Dawn when she first used it and then Piplup running away when he got fed up with Gible's Draco Meteor. It just felt like Dawn always had some new problem that took a whole episode to fix.

Those were little things, though. She was at least better off than poor Brock. Dawn's biggest obstacle was Zoey, though at least the writers were always consistent with that and they made sure to always keep Zoey as Mary Sue-ish as possible.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Dawn's biggest obstacle was Zoey, though at least the writers were always consistent with that and they made sure to always keep Zoey as Mary Sue-ish as possible.

I did think that Dawn's rivalry with Zoey was one-sided and unfair. I didn't hate Zoey or anything, it's just that she didn't need to be that strong and I wish some other Coordinator had beaten Dawn at Sinnoh's Grand Festival instead of Zoey. ^^;

Dawn was almost perfect, minus the fact that she suffered some struggles like when she messed up two appeal rounds in a row. I don't know why that had to happen.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Dawn was almost perfect, minus the fact that she suffered some struggles like when she messed up two appeal rounds in a row. I don't know why that had to happen.

I think it was supposed to be a setback so that we'd see her question her goal and then watch her bounce back later. I liked seeing her mess up in the appeal round in Hearthome's Contest cuz it was different from the norm, tho when it happened again in Solaceon's Contest, it felt excessive to me. :[

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic

Because it was needed for her to develop. I mean, she was basically May-lite when she first debuted, and her failing two Appeal rounds in a row allowed us to see how she coped with her misfortune. She eventually rose above her failures at the Wallace Cup.

DatsRight

I kind of liked Dawn being the underdog and having to drastically spruce up her act, compared to the other performers, May and Serena, who sometimes won too effortlessly without having to alter their strategy at all. It made her pretty easy to root for.

I liked how they played even Jessie outclassing her into giving the latter a bit more dynamic development too. Given she had genuinely evolved throughout AG despite always losing, she was bound to get her first win faster than Dawn did. You know you're not plot armoured when even TR are getting a fair rep against you.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Because it was needed for her to develop. I mean, she was basically May-lite when she first debuted, and her failing two Appeal rounds in a row allowed us to see how she coped with her misfortune.

I can see how Dawn's struggles helped her grow over the course of the Dp saga, tho I felt that her Wallace Cup win was a bit much especially since she had been on a losing streak and was facing a much more experienced Coordinator in the finals.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I can see how Dawn's struggles helped her grow over the course of the Dp saga, tho I felt that her Wallace Cup win was a bit much especially since she had been on a losing streak and was facing a much more experienced Coordinator in the finals.

Her win was cheap, but it was needed redemption, so I'll take it. It would have made Dawn look even worse if she had lost the Wallace Cup. :p

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Her win was cheap, but it was needed redemption, so I'll take it. It would have made Dawn look even worse if she had lost the Wallace Cup. :p

It kind of felt like May was getting a taste of her own medicine to me tbh. I agree that Dawn needed this win though :p

Alloutℯ

Banned

If she had lost there, then she would've had 3 straight losses, which wouldn't have been a good thing for her self confidence.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
If she had lost there, then she would've had 3 straight losses, which wouldn't have been a good thing for her self confidence.

I didn't mean that she should've just lost the whole competition, I just meant that she should've beaten someone else in the finals. Also, I have to give Dawn props for how she recovered from her losing streak in terms of the emotional impact cuz she did less moping than I expected. If I had been her, I would've been much more shaken and dejected. ^^;