• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your thoughts on Goh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMax Helios

After reading the Base Breaking Character page of Pokemon on TV Tropes and watching
I want to hear how others feel about him. I would explain what I think in full detail, but I think the video above said just about almost anything I need to say. Although, one thing I don’t hear people talking about it how after only 40 episodes (and even then, it took him a couple to get Scorbunny), he can somehow be even with a legendary and almost defeat it, which I think is absolute bullshit. It took Ash 4 whole adventures to defeat a legendary. And even then, it felt much more challenging despite that Ash had a type advantage along with using, what was at that point, his most powerful Pokémon.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I find him boring personally, particularly with his goal and how much similar his personality is with Ash's. With that said I'd rather watch his focus episodes than the Ash episodes since his character has been done to death and is alot more boring now.

Koharu is easily the best character of the series, its no contest.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I think Go is likeable guy with good traits and vivid personality but with boring goal. The way he approaches towards is goal is also way rushed aka: he caught Suicune way too soon. IMO he should've caught it way later probably when Ash meets him again in 5-6 years. He caught lots of Pokemon very early. This is also bad because Ash, May ,Dawn when they all started their journeys they failed and struggled at catching Pokemon yet Go in episode 5 caught like 10 of them.

The way he catches Pokemon which also works towards his goal is bad which is Pokemon Go-like( Pokemon Go should stay away from main games... it's just another bad trendy game that "died out" pretty early, I would rather play any main Pokemon games, sequels, third versions then ever touching Go)..Anyway, back to the point: he just catches them with normal Pokeball without any struggle. Someday, sometimes he battles them and catches them how they should've been caught.

I think Go should've had another goal like: contests or doing gyms while Ash does PWC. Also, he should've not caught all those Pokemon nor Legendaries right away. Even though I like him, he's not immune to criticism.

As of his screen time sharing with Ash: it's fine. He's a co-protagonist. Ash getting less screen-time is not Go's fault.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Goh imo can be interesting and his development episodes can be fun, but the pace of his development really sucks. Would have liked more time on him being mentored by ash. I like his personality tho and his dynamic with Ash is so good
His goal is meh I agree but it could be properly done, the writers just aren't really trying with it
He has lots of potential imo and he helps develop mons too contrary to popular opinion

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Well, this definitely won't turn into a character bashing thread..

I don't have an issue with Goh as a character, he's a nice enough guy, I just have an issue with how his story has been handled. He hasn't faced any challenging situations like Ash or any other character has in the past and I dislike how Ash has faded into the background so that Goh can promote Pokemon Go constantly..

That's about it really.. but like I said, as a character, he's a nice guy and if the main character wasn't fading into the background, I'd probably quite happily watch him do whatever the heck he wants..

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
If you want to talk about Go, we have this thread:

If you want to talk about how you dislike Go, we have this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.