1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What are your thoughts on online dating?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Polls' started by SummerHaze, Mar 14, 2019 at 8:54 PM.

1. SummerHaze

SummerHaze Member

Is online dating worth the effort to you? Why or why not?

2. JayZz

JayZz Member

Online dating is a very sophisticated form of blind dating 'coz sometimes a person who seems interesting while exchanging messages turns out to be a completely different person in real life. I don't see anything wrong with that. Personally I registered on 5 sites to meet real chicago women with similar interests some time ago and I've met so many pretty girls that I went on a coffee dates every weekends. That's entertaining.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 4:13 PM
  3. GrizzlyB

GrizzlyB Confused and Dazed

I hope I'm not the only one on the edge of my seat, wondering, "Are these adbots going to do it here?"

To reply to the vacuous thread prompt: no, because I don't wanna be catfished.

keepitsimple likes this.
  4. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

In my opinion and experience online or long distance relationships rarely (if ever) work out. If you and your partner met in person first and then started a long distance thing after one of you moves, it cooooouuuuld work out but if you start the relationship online its practically doomed from the start.

The real issue is a lack of intimacy and some sort of social anxiety which seems to be pretty common amongst the sort of people who do the online thing. It's hard enough dating someone who lives half an hour away with arranging schedules, let alone someone who lives hours or even days away.

5. Zora

Zora Who dies first?

I met my boyfriend online like 10+ years ago (not on dating website) and we started dating like... almost six years ago? Once I finish my degree I'll be heading out east where he lives but it's certainly worked for us. It's not for everyone though.