1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What are your thoughts on online dating?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by SummerHaze, Aug 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. SummerHaze

SummerHaze Active Member

Share your experience please. Wanna try it too

2. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

It was a nice experience, although i am not sure i would do it again... Met a cute guy, we talked about the most random things and then we set a date in the mall. We went out for a few months i guess, but then i got tired of his smoking and him constantly complaining about not seeing me enough, so i said to him that i wasn't ready to be in a relationship yet and we stopped seeing each other.

Nowadays, i would rather just meet people in real life from the get go, which is kind of hard for me because i have sensory overload and cannot stand places like clubs.
    Sometimes when i go through apps like Tinder i feel like i am buying people and just judging them based on their appearence, which makes me feel kind of bad...

Missingno.Fan likes this.
  3. Sham

Sham show the unknown

What type of online dating are we talking about? Like long distance or a thing like Tinder? I’ve never really used Tinder but my friend has and she’s claimed most of the people she’s met have had...other activities in mind and concerning long distance relationships; if you think you can stay loyal and committed go for it. I don’t really do either but if it’s something you want to try doing, live your life!

4. joombo

joombo Member

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  5. mariopepper

mariopepper Member

I don't think it has any sence.. just IMAO

6. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

I've tried online dating in the past, but nothing has ever really come of it. I got a couple of first dates, but never any second dates. OKCupid was the main site I used, but my opinion of it has really soured over the years. I currently have Tinder on my phone, but have had no real success on that either.

7. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

I used OKCupid. I ran into a guy I knew back in high school. I would consider him my friend, but that’s all.

I also started talking to another guy, and we even planned to meet at a local restaurant for dinner, but then he started acting really weird and creepy. Like he was insisting that he will drive me to the restaurant and was acting like was not going to take ‘no’ for an answer. He also started asking a bunch of really weird personal questions. I blocked his number. Best case scenario, he was somebody who didn’t have an ounce of social intelligence in his brain. Worst case scenario, he was a predator of some sort. Most likely he was somewhere in between.

8. MikelyMaikup

MikelyMaikup New Member

I've tried online dating in the past, but nothing has ever really come of it. I got a couple of first dates, but never any second dates. OKCupid was the main site I used, but my opinion of it has really soured over the years. I currently have Tinder on my phone, but have had no real success on that either.

9. DR.gonzo

DR.gonzo Well-Known Member

If your female I’d avoid any of the free online dating apps . I don’t think in this day and age it’s worth the risk especially for the younger generation. So many fake and false people around .

I’ve tried a few from time to time, mainly out of curiosity and boredom and found sometimes the women can also bee sleazy,creepy and straight up psychotic.

Been stalked by an ex from 10years ago on a dating app a few times tho which is always a fun experience .

I’ve also been jumped and put in hospital after meeting someone for a date and going back to her place, for her ex or current partner to kick the front door down with his mate and leave me with 3 broken ribs and a contusion to the lung.

So yeah tread lightly but have fun lol

10. Deadeye

Deadeye H(a)unting...

Never been using online dating sites or apps. I detest fake people who look at your body, wealth, social status or momentary excitement more than how you are as a person, which dating world seems to be full of. Not to mention dating isn't one of my life priorities although I'm not absolutely against the idea either. However, I've dated few people I've first met on some random forums in the past... when I was still a teenager. All I can really say about them, better (forever?) alone than with a wrong person, especially if you're one of those who don't like jumping from a person to person but seek a long-term partner.