• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your thoughts on paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulFan1517

Sorry if someone posted a topic like this already but I did search and didn't fine anything. Anyway people what are your thoughts on paul?

Do you think that he is a good enough character to help ash become a better trainer? or Do you think that he is a cruel jerk because he releases his pokemon?

I personally like him as a character and enjoy his battling style. In the episode yesterday at roark's gym he used great battling techniques unlike ash who just fought terrible. The only good thing I think that came out of ash's battle was that pikachu used a massive thunder attack when he saw paul leaving to defend his trainer. THe other good thing was that turtwig's speed improved.

I also believe paul is the kind of character that the writers and producers need to keep instead of adding a new rival every region(god I hope richie is gone for good that damm ash wannabee).

pokemaster001

my thoughts

i dont like paul
not just because he releases his pokemon but that he has a complete disrespect for them
i do like how he battles but i would like a new rival that comes out watching paul beat ash again (XD)
then he comes and uses his own strategy to win
he would trea pokemon well

ash is the richie wannabe i wish the show were about him
I HATE ASHES PIKACHU ITS A WANNABE CUTE POKEMON PICHU IS CUTE AND RAICHU IS COOL BUT PIKACHU SUCKS

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
lol, "evil".

He's basically the irl version of a pokemon trainer. Releasing pokemon until a good one appeares.

!!!Serebii Lover!!!

Weavile/Serebii Love
I don't like him I thnk he is just a copy of Gary before he became nice exept much much worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

once in a blue Mew

ITS DAT TEOU-TEOU
I just hope his Elekid and Chimchar become Infernape and Electavire.

Afore they get released :\ But wait... Getting an Elecivire would require him to trade his Electabuzz... and... I think I can guess the fire type of this region. Magby, Ash and Paul trade Pokemon, Ash his Magmar and Paul his Electabuzz for one or 2 episodes, then they meet up again, Ash's Magmorter stronger, and Paul's Electivire Weaker XD. That's what would probably happen in my imagination.

I think he's actually pretty cool. He's my favorite. The cast should be;

Paul, Brock, and Dawn. Ash can be... that random person you see at the Leauges sitting in the stands cheering.

Thaul

Paul is a very unbalanced trainer in my own opinion. He can beat a cranidos with an Elekid but he cant beat a geodude with azumarrill, how is that possible?

Mcr

ghe is samrt because he actually catches pokemon unlike ash wich he reuns awasy from a lvl30 ursaring and that guy catching it with like a lvl6 chimchar.

PaulFan1517

The person that said Paul was like Gary before he became nice well gary didn't release his pokemon because they seemed weak. Remember basically all of gary's pokemon were powerful and at least he knew how to handle defeat.

Absol_utely

Cool Trainer
it was so refreshing to see a proper 'villain' return to the series since TR have become pathetic fools over years...*sigh*

and i love how people hate him, yet HE IS the animated version of us, yes we rl trainers!!

He will be a formidable opponent in the Shinnoh league

PaulFan1517

Absol Lutely I agree with you, you know the sad thing is that the writers and producers actually think that team rocket makes people laugh jeez they are so pathetic the ideas they come up with.

I do agree that it would be interesting to see paul battling ash in the sinnoh region.

PaulFan1517

Absol Lutely I agree with you, you know the sad thing is that the writers and producers actually think that team rocket makes people laugh jeez they are so pathetic the ideas they come up with.

I do agree that it would be interesting to see paul battling ash in the sinnoh region.

Desert Flower

Sandstorm Trainer
I'd like him a lot better if he'd stop saying pathetic so much. Aside from that though, I like him since he's more of a unique rival, and does more than just taunt Ash like a third grader. I think that they probably designed him after players of the game who are so picky about pokemon that they no longer treat them as individuals.

He's a wanker.

I lol'd.

Paul's just one of those misunderstood trainers that think that pokemon are simply tools of war.
(I think he might be the anime version of your rival in G/S/C.)

Sonjo

Shinji> you.
Paul's the best rival Ash has ever had ever since Gary. He's never shown losing, and that includes to Ash and co.

His attitude fits him well, along with his look. Though, I found it quite humourous that his Chimchar is upbeat, unlike his master.

Status
Not open for further replies.