• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your thoughts on paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Reina

lalala....
I know why some girls feel in love with him. He is a shy bad guy who doesnt speak much and isnt close with his pokemon. I had this same with Rockets, but I dont like Shinji. First I liked him because he wasnt as cute as Richie, Harrison, Morrison and rest of Ash`s rivals. I dont know how he treats his pokemon because we dont see him often. He traded his useless Azumarill and checks stats of pokemon, but we dont know how nice he is to them. Probably he wouldnt leave his pokemon alone on the cliff (like Damien did) and if pokemon was sick but strong he would care about it. Shinji isnt bad trainer but he must learn about love and care.

Why I dont like him now? The reason is easy: Im tired of his fan girls -__- they act like all horny fan boys who were in love with May`s breasts.

Cenzo

Red: True Master
^Yeah, May fanboys are the worst. Frankly, I like him, but only as a jerky rival. Ash finally has a real rival. Hasn't had one since Gary.

Crazy fanboys/girls suck. D: The girls are just as bad as the boys (in different ways), so don't start anything.

Shinji is my favorite Satoshi rival. But I did like Shigeru. But he was just a little arrogant snob, unlike Shinji who is tough, mean, a loner. <3 Plus, I love how he insults Satoshi, making him ****** off. Saying how he's pathetic and the way he treats Pokemon is bad. Yush, Shinji is great.

Cenzo

^How long before he really ticks Ash off or until he hits Ash?

Champion Jared 14

why should he do that? Because he's not like Ash? Plz, not every trainer in the Anime is to be like Ash!! At least Paul catches pokemon and gathers pokedex-filling information about them before release unlike a certain so-called master in training. A bit immature calling him an emo jerk as well...

Cenzo

^Who called him an emo-jerk? I was just saying he'll wither knock Ash on his butt or make Ash so angry he'll try to hit Paul and, most likely, trip.

PamperedPersian1

I actually admire Paul, more like a... role model for me! But.... Paul????
What kind of name is that??? Shinji was much cooler, they could have at least had a name like, uh...... well, when I think of it, I'll get back to you guys, until then, Happy Indepence Day!

Joe.

His team is going to own, and when this season is nearing to a close and he and Ash enter the tournament or w/e they will have, I hope Paul beats Ash.

The first REAL rival Ash has had since Gary. (For the record Gary was awesome.)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Why would anyone call Paul, shy?

Being a loner is not the same thing as being shy. He doesn't give a damn about talking to people, its not that he's shy.

There are several filler characters we've seen that are shy, and the closest main character we've had to that is probably May, even though she was also outgoing and made friends easily.

PaulFan1517

YaoiLink that picture you showed just reminded me of something that is completely off topic. This is another thing that the producers seemed to have forgotton to put into the anime:

The supposed romance between misty and ash why didnt they just let those two talk about it more. Pokemon seriously needs better story lines that are continous. Not just the same crappy episode fillers every week.

Anyway back to paul does anyone here think that gary may give paul a lesson on treating his pokemon properly and not to be a wimp just because a pokemon doesn't know that many attacks. Might gary tell paul not to give up easily. The reason I say this is after battling ash gary returned to sinnoh so most likely they will definately meet.

I know I said many times I like paul I just don't like the way he treats his pokemon. I just would like him and gary to battle.

YaoiLink

Prince Charming
The supposed romance between misty and ash why didnt they just let those two talk about it more. Pokemon seriously needs better story lines that are continous. Not just the same crappy episode fillers every week.

yah i wanted to see if misty did have feeling for ash. they never said xD but maybe in the future she will say

but yah the battle between gary and paul. would be an intresting match. both are alike yet diffrent =3 i would love to see that battle

PaulFan1517

yah i wanted to see if misty did have feeling for ash. they never said xD but maybe in the future she will say

They didn't exactly say it but they hinted at it heavily. For example I will never forget in an episode in the johto league(the only episode I would want to remember because of that trainwreck season) misty said to ash that "we are going to be married someday too".

First of all I loved how they made misty say this because it doesn't directly mean she and ash will marry each other it can also mean they will marry different people.

That was a smart thing the producers did(one of the only)

ShadowDragon16

POKESLAVEDRIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul is a very aggagent trainer who treats his pokemon like crude, chimchar needs to leave Pauls sorry *** and join Ash.

Paul is an animated version of competitive battlers. Really, if you find a pokemon with complete crap IVs are you gonna say "Yes! Another addition to my team!" or "What the? This thing sucks!" I choose number 2, most casuals wil chose number 1 (provied it's one of their favorites). Paul and Ash are like this too. Ash caught one starly because, he liked it and he's a casual tairer he doesn't care about stats. Paul is competitive, he went through 3 starlys before he found one with a good move (reminds me of how I released 16 charvana just to find a deepsea tooth). So paul is competitive ash is casual, so yeah. So to all trainers who hate paul, think about all the pokemon you have rotting in your PC, to that pokemon you have the same relationship as him to his pokemon. As for me I don't care, I'm already like Paul anyway.

pokemaster001

???

Please. Everyone who hates Paul, listen. Don't think that you've never released a pokemon because it wasn't strong enough. We've all done it. The thing is, it doesn't seem like he shows his pokemon kindness, but he sure knows how to make his powerful.
i wouldnt release a pokemon if it couldnt even do struggle!!!!!
you dint get the fact that releasing pokemon is wrong in the show or in the game!!!!

mandikitty i dont know how to quote you so ill just say this
are you making fun of me for caring about drawings???

Blaziryu

Shinji (I refuse to call him Paul) is the second coolest trainer shown so far (Gary being the 1st). If he were to punch Ash in the face, along with calling names, he would be the perfect rival.

YaoiLink

Prince Charming
i think releasing a pokemon is fine. people think that its a moral thing not to release it, but is it really? i mean what are you going to do with that pkm when goes strait into your pc? you leave it there? i personally think that, thats much worse then releasing it, just leaving it there with no purpose and keeping it because you feel pitty on that pkm. at lease if you release it it could probably be better off then just sitting in your box. i agree when you release a pkm it is kind of sadding, but its for the better cause. personally i dont just catch something and leave it there, every pkm i have in my box has a purpose either for breeding or tradeing purposes (mostly breeding). but above all i do care about my pokemon deeply, the ones i have and the ones i let go. thats why you have to know when to release a pkm for its own good. not just for the satisfactory that you didnt abandon it, but if you only see that releasing a pkm and think thats a crime. it only proves your ignorence. its a trainers choice.

Champion Jared 14

Please, Paul is just the anime version of competive real-life battlers. Paul checks pokemon stats with his pokedex, and seems to capture pokemon very frequently. Most people in real life release pokemon. We breed for desired natures and IV's to get the best EV's as well. If we get a pokemon with a sucky nature and IV's, most people don't accept it and say, I'll take it. Peopel want what they want. After all, without competive battling mentality like that, nobody would succeed at the BF or in emerald and link battles and stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.