• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your thoughts on paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul is tight! :) i'm gettin tired of electric types:p

pi...ka...pi...ka...pika..pika...pikapikapikapikaPIKACHUUUUU!!!!!!
(wakes up in bed screaming)

Commando Amando

ffffffffffffffffffff
Him alone makes up for the fact the rest of the season has been boring and uneventful. the BUTZOMGHEZSOOOOMEEEN is why I think he's awesome. He's a breath of fresh air for a show filled with sappy friendship and morals and all that sissy crap. About time we got a true badass. Sucks that he'll probably lose that soon though. Oh yeah and I'm really sick of people complaining about his name as well as Dawn's. Shinji and Hikari aren't god wonderful names themselves I swear they're some of the most bland and generic Japanese anime names you can find so no need complaining about lame English names.

Last edited:

PaulFan1517

Him alone makes up for the fact the rest of the season has been boring and uneventful.

That is exactly what I was saying. If he wasn't there this season would be crappy. Ash keeps losing, Jessie still hasn't caught a pokemon and team rocket's new motto is even dumber than the last.

Wiimote

Tao is Taokaka!
He and Ash remind me of Wario and Mario, only there are no mind-controlling buckets or a wierd fairy named Wanda that helps Toad in a puzzle forest.

PaulFan1517

This is completely unrelated to my topic but unless this season isn't as good as the battle frontier or majority of hoenn then the pokemon tv show should just call it quits.

The writers and producers have no idea how to completely satisty people who watch the show. The creater of pokemon has been MIA ever since the show was created. The only ideas he probably comes up with is the names of the new regions and the new pokemon.

Everything else in the crappy episode fillers are because of the writers of pokemon. It is the only japanese created anime I can think of that has a completely different episode almost everyday. They rarely have continuation episodes.

Wiimote

Tao is Taokaka!
Sorry, my mind is a mess today.

But anyway, bottom line: Paul is snobby since he wants to get Ash out of his way, and I can't stand snobs.

PaulFan1517

Well everyone else what are your thoughts on paul in the anime and do you think ash will defeat him in the sinnoh region tournament.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
I like Paul. Okay, so he releases Pokémon back into the wild, and only catches ones with the best stats ect. The majority of SPPFians DO do that, so I don't see any reason for them not to like him. Well, I don't do that, I just catch the first one I see, but I still like Paul, I don't know why. I also think he should stay and be the recurring rival, since they took out Gary.​

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
For me it looks like the creators have thought long and hard to make up a long time rival to Ash who rivals Gary in popularity and strength - and only half succeded. He is no doubt an interesing character with a personality compleatly opposite to Ash which ensure a future rivality between them (seeing that Paul was at least semi- impressed of Ash during the gym battle against Rorok).

However I can´t really get him into my mind as a long term rival like Gary was during s1 - 5. They share no history and Ash could just block him from heart and mind and not care about him - he woulden´t lose anything, and has on the other way nothing to win if he continues to get angry at Paul. Like does Ash "needs" Pauls recognizion? No. Does he needs to teach Paul his own way of thinking. No.

Conclusion, Paul is in some ways an interesting character but the plot has not any room for him in a longer perspektive, such as Gary had for 5 whole seasons.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
For me it looks like the creators have thought long and hard to make up a long time rival to Ash who rivals Gary in popularity and strength - and only half succeded. He is no doubt an interesing character with a personality compleatly opposite to Ash which ensure a future rivality between them (seeing that Paul was at least semi- impressed of Ash during the gym battle against Rorok).

However I can´t really get him into my mind as a long term rival like Gary was during s1 - 5. They share no history and Ash could just block him from heart and mind and not care about him - he woulden´t lose anything, and has on the other way nothing to win if he continues to get angry at Paul. Like does Ash "needs" Pauls recognizion? No. Does he needs to teach Paul his own way of thinking. No.

Conclusion, Paul is in some ways an interesting character but the plot has not any room for him in a longer perspective, such as Gary had for 5 whole seasons.

That's not really true. They could make up some mushy crap and eventually Ash will teach Paul to learn to love all Pokémon yada yada yada. And plus, Ash getting mad at Paul = Hillarity!​

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Well yes they could - if they wanted it could all end in a soap opera kind of way :) - but I don´t think they will end it in a mushy way. And besides, I just don´t have the same feeling when it comes to care about Paul as a rival to Ash as I felt about Gary.

zeno48

Zaker!
Paul is perfect and I hope he dosen't change. I love his mean attitude and I hope we see more of him.

PaulFan1517

Paul is perfect and I hope he dosen't change. I love his mean attitude and I hope we see more of him.

I thought the same thing about harrison...*sighs* but what happened to him. The writers of pokemon have a really bad habit of chucking a secondary character every damm season and it gets me really p-i-s-s-e-d.

What the heck do they plan to do when pokemon is over the 80 years from now?

zeno48

Zaker!
I thought the same thing about harrison...*sighs* but what happened to him. The writers of pokemon have a really bad habit of chucking a secondary character every damm season and it gets me really p-i-s-s-e-d.

What the heck do they plan to do when pokemon is over the 80 years from now?

Will pokemon last that long?
Anyways, You are right but so far Paul still has me watching Pokemon and the writers still keep his character perfect. I don't think the writers will screw him up this early unless they want to angry a lot of fans but don't worry I have faith in the writers. Now if they decide to change Paul's personality like Ritchie I will shoot the writers and hate them forever.

PaulFan1517

Anyways, You are right but so far Paul still has me watching Pokemon and the writers still keep his character perfect. I don't think the writers will screw him up this early unless they want to angry a lot of fans but don't worry I have faith in the writers. Now if they decide to change Paul's personality like Ritchie I will shoot the writers and hate them forever.

I was just joking about the 80 years part. I doubt it will be like scooby doo. I just want the writers for once to keep a secondary character in the show. Why do they always chuck certain characters away? It is so annoying.

PaulFan1517

I was just joking about the 80 years part. I doubt it will be like scooby doo. I just want the writers for once to keep a secondary character in the show. Why do they always chuck certain characters away? It is so annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.