• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your thoughts on paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulFan1517

Will pokemon last that long?
Anyways, You are right but so far Paul still has me watching Pokemon and the writers still keep his character perfect. I don't think the writers will screw him up this early unless they want to angry a lot of fans but don't worry I have faith in the writers. Now if they decide to change Paul's personality like Ritchie I will shoot the writers and hate them forever.

I was just joking about the 80 years part. I doubt it will be like scooby doo. I just want the writers for once to keep a secondary character in the show. Why do they always chuck certain characters away? It is so annoying.

Aldrius

Orange Champion
Gary was in more than 4 episodes in seasons 1-5?

News to me. :p

Paul is a really neat character. Like Hunter J he's an actual THREAT something that provides interesting conflict and isn't the same old tired thing every time he appears.

I hope we see more of him soon as his absence has been sorely felt.

Gold10

Enigmatic Unknown
Paul is the best thing that happened to Pokemon since Lucario got its own movie

pokey

Coral Eye Trainer
Watching Paul makes me miss the old Gary. I'd like to see a match between them but I don't hate him. I'll admit he is an insteresting character because there's not really anyone in the anime like him. To me it seems like everyone in the show has the same personality and then he comes and he's like the total opposite of them

Last edited:

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
Omg i hate paul and i hate richie RICHIE IS THE ASH WANNABE! i think sparky is cuter and his voice is too but i think ash's pikachu is more fun to watch because he has more personality and he cares more like sparky didnt even try when he lost all we saw was one thundershock then he sorta quit and i hope gary comes and watches ash just totally CRUSH paul in the leage and i hope he finally wins it. If he gets a riolu there is NO WAY he can loose

Also, not to bash someone/make this a religion thread, but me being interested in the Christian, I was diappointed that this guy, who was named after a model character in the Bible, acted very rude and bad, unlike the Paul from the Bible. I know that Paul is just a name and religion/Christianity is not touched on this anime (or at least not anymore), but it still diappointed me.

Well at first 'Bible Paul' was a bad person who watched Diciples get stoned and did not do anything about it. But then he was taught the errors of his ways and became an a Apostle. Maybe Paul will be the same

I think Paul is Ash's best rival. He's ruthless and that's what I love about rivals/enemies.

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
I don't like his 'tude, but he's quite cute.

Kazuki Mirai

Cruel and much of an ***... BUT I see one thing. A biggest potential in character development than any other characters won't have.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Well at first 'Bible Paul' was a bad person who watched Diciples get stoned and did not do anything about it. But then he was taught the errors of his ways and became an a Apostle. Maybe Paul will be the same

Was a Spoiler tag for the Bible REALLY needed? :p

Also, when Paul was bad his name was Saul. Shinji -> Paul

Religious reference, OMG! And the scenario in the bible seems likely for Paul to become nicer (hopefully not too nice, but like Kaiba nice)

Mr. Mad

I personely like paul because it gives someone to comete against that isn't a complete fool (Richie).

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
NO NO NO Richie is the ash wannabe ash's pikachu has so much more personality i give sparky the cuteness factor and his voice is better but pikachu is more entertaining he is stronger and more fun i hate paul i think they should have it where ash creams him in the league and pikachu and elekid should be the last pokemon to battle and ash should win because paul is ash's age and he pisses me off

Crystal Clair

Paul is a dub name
The dub isn't cannon
Shinji has no reference to Paul
therefore, I think that point you made doesn't apply

I hope we see more of him soon as his absence has been sorely felt.
Dont worry. I'm sure we'll see him in an awesome episode. Hopefully he'll have Murkrow by then.

mr mime jr.

Pokemon nobody
For some reason i have a feeling that paul will give ash a run for his money, in the end i hope paul stays bold and serious but have a better attitude twordes pokemon and battling

also i have a felling gary and paul have met who knows maybe elekid is an egg from gary's electrivire

Geostomp

Paul's the best rival Ash has ever had ever since Gary. He's never shown losing, and that includes to Ash and co.

His attitude fits him well, along with his look. Though, I found it quite humourous that his Chimchar is upbeat, unlike his master.

That's what I said. After learning he's gone through all the major leagues, I feel that he's finally a rival that can motivate Ash again.

His last "rivals" were always basically the same as him in training and methods. That's okay once in a while, but he didn't push himself to surpass them. They just beat him in the Leagues and were never thought of again. Even worse, Ash got constant praise for what he did in official competitions, he basically got complacent.

Now that Ash has got Paul to think about from the beginning, he'll finally get more character development and skill as a trainer.

I only have 2 resons for likeing Paul,
1: his battle style
2: his pokemon
Otherwise I think he's just plain creepy and a jerk.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
I am not sure that Paul can motivate Ash in the same ways Gary did. Maybe if the two of them (Ash and Paul) meet each other on regulare basis and gets in constant arguing at every gym. Then they will build up some sort of rivality, however I can´t see them meet by chance constantley and he [Paul] will be reduced to a person Ash gets frustrated with/at when they meet but not while traveling.

That in contrast to Gary who in some ways got on Ash nerve even when he was not around. Pointing out how far behind Ash (writing at signs, tell Prof. Oak who later informed Ash...) was and so on. And that was the thing that motivated Ash (at least in some ways), trying to catch up with Gary. Paul don´t do things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.