• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your thoughts on paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

uber gon

Accept Change
Well at first 'Bible Paul' was a bad person who watched Diciples get stoned and did not do anything about it. But then he was taught the errors of his ways and became an a Apostle. Maybe Paul will be the same

I think Paul is Ash's best rival. He's ruthless and that's what I love about rivals/enemies.

If Paul goes that way, it'll be a little repetitive.

henri_chung

^not real name,noobs
okay tou know what i think PAUL IS A MORON! first the strongest pokemon he'll ever get (even if he captures arceus and traines it) he will get anialated bye people with 100's (like some of us) AND in my opinion he has the stupidest name "I must defeat paul' Pual is going to beat me" i dare you to say that to yourself and effiscise paul

pikablue

ooh, pretty colors!
he's a jerk who doesnt know how to train his pokemon, nuff said. if someones gonna compare him to EV trainers and IV breeders and all that crap, theres a difference, we dont hurt and release LIVE ANIMALS the things we throw away are just strips of data.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
he's a jerk who doesnt know how to train his pokemon, nuff said. if someones gonna compare him to EV trainers and IV breeders and all that crap, theres a difference, we dont hurt and release LIVE ANIMALS the things we throw away are just strips of data.

DONT you Dare say that!!! Paul's an awesome trainer...

And those 'LIVE ANIMALS' are also pieces of data;)

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Yo, Paul haters, you're relizing that in your non-punctuated blthering about him releasing his Pokemon and being cruel to them, Ash is doing the same if not worse? In many cases, Ash has caught a Pokemon for the purpose of defeating a single gym leader, then stores/gives it away, promising to use/see it again, but never does. Wouldn't the Pokemon rather be free than rot at Oaks? In that case, Paul is a savior.

And then everyone says he's treating them too harshly, tel me this, what is a Pokemon's main purpose in life? They want to become stronger through battling and evolve. Paul is only working his Pokemon to the limit so that they can attain this, and how do we know that Chimchar, for instance, didn't enjoy his intense battle against Roark?

Really, Paul is just what the show needed, a character like a real competitive battler, he does even provide constructive criticism to others, if Ash wasn' too arrogant, he might even benefit from seeing Paul's battle's.

"Likez, Paul! Take t3h Chimchr outa there!!"

As if sicking out your Pickachu on a on Onix isn't cruel, or the aformentioned storing.giving away deal. Paul is just what the anime needed, and I hope he keeps his ways.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Yo, Paul haters, you're relizing that in your non-punctuated blthering about him releasing his Pokemon and being cruel to them, Ash is doing the same if not worse? In many cases, Ash has caught a Pokemon for the purpose of defeating a single gym leader, then stores/gives it away, promising to use/see it again, but never does. Wouldn't the Pokemon rather be free than rot at Oaks? In that case, Paul is a savior.

And then everyone says he's treating them too harshly, tel me this, what is a Pokemon's main purpose in life? They want to become stronger through battling and evolve. Paul is only working his Pokemon to the limit so that they can attain this, and how do we know that Chimchar, for instance, didn't enjoy his intense battle against Roark?

Really, Paul is just what the show needed, a character like a real competitive battler, he does even provide constructive criticism to others, if Ash wasn' too arrogant, he might even benefit from seeing Paul's battle's.

As if sicking out your Pickachu on a on Onix isn't cruel, or the aformentioned storing.giving away deal. Paul is just what the anime needed, and I hope he keeps his ways.

I would have quoted this if it wasnt so big.....its so true its sad people dont realise it and keeps blabbing that the characters use weak pokemon and stuff, Paul does the exact thing we do...if we get the wrong nature, we release it...if its not fit to be in the team, we dont use it.....

HES THE RIVAL OF ASH HES SUPPOSED TO BE THE OPPOSITE OF ASH!!!!!!!
^^^my genious 5 year old brother typed that ;)

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

okay tou know what i think PAUL IS A MORON! first the strongest pokemon he'll ever get (even if he captures arceus and traines it) he will get anialated bye people with 100's (like some of us) AND in my opinion he has the stupidest name "I must defeat paul' Pual is going to beat me" i dare you to say that to yourself and effiscise paul

Paul is his dub name. His original was Shinji. Can you really hold his name against him?

martianman40

LIKE A BOSS!
I think that Paul is in the anime to prove that there will always be people will always be mean to their pokemon and that pokemon is about fun, not being the best.

the total best!

The first thing that came to mind was that he was the rival in the second generation of games, with purple hair hehe.

I kinda like him and don't. i like him for the battle stratigies, but hate it when he says something bad or mean to ash, like your battle stratigie is pathetic, I think he said that.

Shuricel

Hmm, I like him, cause he's the kinda person I imagine having an awesome history. Nobody just disrespects pokemon like that for no reason, though the anime will most likely still portray him the same way. I'm even thinking of writing a fic about what his past may have been like. ^.^

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
The strange thing (for me at least) is that he is on the good side. We usually have the good characters who are nice to Pokemon and so on, and the bad characters such as TR (and other teams) who treats Pokemon with very little respect.

Paul on the other hand is on the good side but still treats his Pokemon badly (Jesse and James treat their own Pokemons with more respect than Paul does with his). Maybe he is in the show for not only being Ash rival but to show that people can be between good and bad?

He is the cynical character all out, he cares for victory above everything else and wants to reach this goal BUT not go over the legal line (stealing Pokemon in some way or attack random people to train his Pokemons strength). I can´t see him join TR for achiveing his goals or become a Pokemon hunter like J.

I don´t like him but he is interesting.

Rex Kamex

Watching Paul makes me miss the old Gary.

Wait... why, again?

pikablue said:

The Pokemon in the show are just things that get their form by pencils, paint, and computers (or whatever is used to make them), move with the help of different computers and frames, talk only with the help of voice actors, and only have personalities because they are given to them by the writers.

Basically, I don't see how Paul's throwing away Pokemon is anymore wrong than throwing away the strips of data in the games (which I don't find "wrong", but unnecessary).

dawnluver4

Weavile=cool
He'll beat cynthia and lose to ash (Ursaring, Honchkrow, Weavile, Infernape (tho it probably wont evolve :| typical pokeanime), Elekid and Torterra Will be his team. I like him he's the only one besides leaders and E4 people who can beat ash! And i bet he'll try to catch a Gabite after he got pwned by cynthia's

Knight_Ram

He'll beat cynthia and lose to ash (Ursaring, Honchkrow, Weavile, Infernape (tho it probably wont evolve :| typical pokeanime), Elekid and Torterra Will be his team. I like him he's the only one besides leaders and E4 people who can beat ash! And i bet he'll try to catch a Gabite after he got pwned by cynthia's

He wont ever beat Cynthia. We can never tell whether Ash will win or lose to him... Its so unpredictable between them.

dawnluver4

Weavile=cool
just watch, it'll be weavile or infernape VS garchomp and weavile will make the face in my sig, jump up and use ice punch

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3

That was alot to quote i do agree about ash promising to come back but not is really uncool but i COMPLETELY DISAGREE about the pokemon want to evolve it clearly showed that not all of them wish to do so like examples pikachu in electric shock showdown and bulbasaur in bulbasaurs mysterious garden they want to show how good they are being themselves and pikachu wanted to prove himself by beating onix and he did it for ash after all ash has freaking put himself in front of death to save his pokemon paul is good for ash and he will oviously change like that dude in silver and i hope ash just completely crushs him

myochan

I like Paul quite a bit, although I wish they'd kept him as Shinji. I think he's cute, and find his jerkiness interesting.

It's pretty inevitable that he'll probably mellow out as time goes on, but I hope he doesn't turn all goody-goody like Ash and co.

phyzexxx

Greatest Caution
I like him, but I think that, he would be a better trainer if he respects his pokemon. He would be really strong

Status
Not open for further replies.