• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your thoughts on paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sird

Johto native
Boastful, cunning, curel, without love, but too stupid to realise he can win with powerful Pokemon and still lose anyway.

GentleArtillery

Always subjective
He's a great character in everything except design. He would be much better as a hero; I'm sick of all the "train and battle your Pokémon with love and care"-nonsense, and it's great that there's a character that's the rightout opposite of that now. He really should beat Ash all the time. Though everyone should do that.

Rex Kamex

so??? they dubbed his name paul. i like the japenese name but not the english

It sounded like one of the main reasons you didn't like him was because of his dub name.

Geostomp

He's a great character in everything except design. He would be much better as a hero; I'm sick of all the "train and battle your Pokémon with love and care"-nonsense, and it's great that there's a character that's the rightout opposite of that now. He really should beat Ash all the time. Though everyone should do that.

Yeah, we really need a main character defined a nothing more than a jerk.

Geez, are people so sick of Ash that they'd take anything over him now?

charizard92

i think that gary should come back in another episode and see ash battle ash and beat him like usual then paul makes fun of gary and battles gary and gary beats him easly. Cause wen he lost to i think he kinda new he wasnt going to beat her cause shes that champion and stuff. it would be better to see gary beat him cause he wont know anyhting about gary like any of his pokemon

charizard92

i think that gary should come back in another episode and see ash battle ash and beat him like usual then paul makes fun of gary and battles gary and gary beats him easly. Cause wen he lost to i think he kinda new he wasnt going to beat her cause shes that champion and stuff. it would be better to see gary beat him cause he wont know anyhting about gary like any of his pokemon

LadySaturn

I personally like Shinji. Shinji is tha BA trainer that Pokemon needed instead of all those happy-happy do the right thing chese balls. And so what if he releases his Pokemon? Maybe they didn't want to fight for him anyways. He DID take them from their homes, anyways. Shinji also makes a good match for Hikari if you do the whole oppisites attract thing.

zeno48

Zaker!
My thoughts on him? I think he needs to be slapped around a little bit. ;).

I think you need to be slapped around a bit. IMO Ash needs to be slapped around a bit. Paul is the best rival Ash has and I really like how Paul pisses of Ash. I simply love it.

Pancakes!

<- sensual
paul is a punk + jerk to me...its just my opinion

Sableye King

The Ghost Guru
Right now, I don't like him. I do think Paul is Ash's perfect rival. But I don't think Ash needs to be slapped around. Maybe people have forgotten, but the show isn't the same as the game.

Paul represents the competitive pokemon gamers that EV and IV train their pokemon, with perfect natures, characteristics, moves, types, and stats. Think about it. When you EV train a pokemon and looking for a specific type, you release all the ones that have the wrong nature; just like Paul does when he catches one that isn't strong enough to him. But in the show, pokemon aren't raised by equations and variables like they are in the game, they're raised like living things.

And Ash represents the normal gamer, one who catches a pokemon, and raises it as is. Which is the majority of people who play pokemon games. And is what the majority of people in the show do. And the characters in the show are cheesey, but Pokemon is aimed at little kids, so it's cheesey to us older kids, but not to younger ones.

But I think Paul has potential to be a likeable person in the show. But at the moment, I don't like him that much.

GMax Helios

Like I said in another post I think Paul acts like us when we play the game. When the Poke we catch has bad natures and IVs we just toss them aside much like how Paul gets rid of his Pokemon when they fail him
Don't you dare compare me to that ****. If you think I'm anything like him you obviously know nothing about me.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Don't you dare compare me to that ****. If you think I'm anything like him you obviously know nothing about me.
D-did you just scavenge through a 13 year old thread to reply to a guy that was just making a generalization based on competitive players?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Don't bump threads that are over 60 days old. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.