• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your thoughts on Serena?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
Man you really hate here huh? Can you give me a reason how to hate someone who has a hard-to-hate character? :p

Serena was close to being an outright Sue (she would have been if she defeated Elle) at one point. Even if they have likeable personalities, it's understandable why some people don't enjoy those type of characters.

I don't think it helps that her goal was something like a Best Waifu Kalos contest, which combined with her comment that "girls should always attend to their appearance and make themselves cute" + pointless ship pandering, kind of leaves the wrong impression even if she doesn't act unlikeable per say.

Serena was close to being an outright Sue (she would have been if she defeated Elle) at one point. Even if they have likeable personalities, it's understandable why some people don't enjoy those type of characters.

I don't think it helps that her goal was something like a Best Waifu Kalos contest, which combined with her comment that "girls should always attend to their appearance and make themselves cute" + pointless ship pandering, kind of leaves the wrong impression even if she doesn't act unlikeable per say.

It wasn't her goal ._.

What she said could easily mean something different to us westerners than Japanese people

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I dunno I hated how her rivals were handled I liekd her confidence and everything in the end but her growth was....undermined by her lack of anythign new in her performances, I mean they were all the same and she only lost due to a simple accident and her rivals always seemed more hard-working and dedicated yet they were never threatening or challenging they were always doomed to fail and that alone quits some "smpathizing points"
Its the same reason why I don't like Red at all
And honestl I'm tired of how Serena was handled to the poitn where she onyl got to develop er chracter for a measly 20 episodes whiel the rest f the time she served as the living map or as aa girl who is defined by her crush and sadly tis her crush the only hting that really makes her stnad out IMO

I mean, asside from her storyline and her goals, can you hate her character? Just put everything besides and only take her character. Then you can't hate her right? (OK maybe you can but how)

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
I was letting this open for folks who didn't want to spoil themselves over at Anime Spoilers, but I think that's a moot point now. Go over to the XY character review thread if you must continue, but this thread I'm closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.