• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your thoughts on Serena?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Im hoping Serena kills amourshipping with her own 2 hands; its been cancer to her character imo.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Again, another premature thread. Cant we just wait a few more months? Who knows, she might do something great in the TF arc

Everything major that would concern her character has passed by imo, so this is a perfectly fine time to discuss something like this.

Im hoping Serena kills amourshipping with her own 2 hands; its been cancer to her character imo.

You only wish XD

I know you think Amourshipping is cancer, (and I've somewhat come to agree) and don't worry. Ash will most likely kill it with his good ol' Oblivious ability and Serena will finally realize it's a lost cause and move on ;)

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Again, another premature thread. Cant we just wait a few more months? Who knows, she might do something great in the TF arc

Serena is a below average trainer in battles. I'll be shocked if she does anything in TF besides background duty with Clemont of stating the obvious, ordering some attacks against low level grunts nobody cares about, and worry when Ash does something heroic. With Ash and Alain being champion level trainers, what on earth can Serena do? Serena's pretty much a lost cause at this point. You can only hope Sun and Moon will learn from XY's mistakes with the next girl.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I'm seriously debating maybe making a "things you liked about Serena" topic just to counterbalance the negatively haha

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I'm seriously debating maybe making a "things you liked about Serena" topic just to counterbalance the negatively haha

I mean you could. I do think there are good traits to make Serena likeable and lots of people are Serena fans. And yea this thread has been bashing on Serena hard but at the same time so many people on this forum somehow claim Serena to be "perfect". Why can't we settle down somewhere in the middle?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

If you do I'll be sure to contribute. For all her flaws I certainly do not consider Serena a "sue" character.

Xuxuba

One of the few main characters that actually got her goal developed. The character who got the most development personality wise, bc she used to be defeatist and indecisive but now she's way more positive and she knows what she wants and who she is.

But she will never be as loved as some other characters bc 1) nostalgia is not on her favor 2) amourshipping made a lot of other shippers angry and they'll use any excuses to make it sound like she was the worst, such as her being a mary sue or her being just a shipping bait (as if her goal, her relationship with her mother, her struggle to find out what she wants and to become somebody who never gives up never existed).

Ronathin

She seems extremely polarizing on this board for whatever reason, everywhere else i read almost nothing but positive words.

Dawn is the only female lead i've liked as much as i have Serena.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Lmao, all the negativity about Serena and her crush. Amourshipping is a good thing people. It's unique, it's new, and it makes this anime better. Serena's character has always been tied to Ash and even with her performing gone right now, she is still developing as a character because of how she is striving to help Ash (he wouldn't be in the league without her). Her crush has always made her different and it has also made her a very popular character. Why hate on it when it has made her character so much better? You remove that from her character and she just becomes a cheap rip-off of May and Dawn. With her personality and the development she's received on that end, she becomes a unique character with a story unlike any of the others and it has made the anime a lot better.

But she will never be as loved as some other characters bc 1) nostalgia is not on her favor 2) amourshipping made a lot of other shippers angry and they'll use any excuses to make it sound like she was the worst, such as her being a mary sue or her being just a shipping bait (as if her goal, her relationship with her mother, her struggle to find out what she wants and to become somebody who never gives up never existed).

So true, everyone salty because Pokemon finally has a REAL romance instead of these small hints that people make into something more.

She seems extremely polarizing on this board for whatever reason, everywhere else i read almost nothing but positive words.

Dawn is the only female lead i've liked as much as i have Serena.

The reality is that the majority sees her as an amazing character. Tis unfortunate that the vocal people are always the negative minority.

Last edited:

Ilikepiex7

problem with her goal was that it didn't last long, all her loses were because of her pokemon tripping on stage, and their is no direct head to head battles with rivals like contests had.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Lmao, all the negativity about Serena and her crush. Amourshipping is a good thing people. It's unique, it's new, and it makes this anime better. Serena's character has always been tied to Ash and even with her performing gone right now, she is still developing as a character because of how she is striving to help Ash (he wouldn't be in the league without her). Her crush has always made her different and it has also made her a very popular character. Why hate on it when it has made her character so much better? You remove that from her character and she just becomes a cheap rip-off of May and Dawn. With her personality and the development she's received on that end, she becomes a unique character with a story unlike any of the others and it has made the anime a lot better.

So true, everyone salty because Pokemon finally has a REAL romance instead of these small hints that people make into something more.
Pokemon is an adventure show. Not a romance. Plus kids in real life don't want to see that kind of stuff.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Pokemon is an adventure show. Not a romance. Plus kids in real life don't want to see that kind of stuff.

First off, romance is a part of every kid's tv show and movie now in some shape or form. And secondly, we live in a day and age where more and more kids are getting involved romantically at a younger age (my little brother had his first girlfriend at 5).

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
First off, romance is a part of every kid's tv show and movie now in some shape or form. And secondly, we live in a day and age where more and more kids are getting involved romantically at a younger age (my little brother had his first girlfriend at 5).

A fan of pokemon cares about the journey and not that kind of stuff. Also that is impossible since kids have no concept of romance,boy/girlfriends and so on.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
A fan of pokemon cares about the journey and not that kind of stuff. Also that is impossible since kids have no concept of romance,boy/girlfriends and so on.

That's a very bold assumption. Yes, pokemon fans care about the journey but they can also be intrigued by the relationships between characters. That's why shippings were created and then pokemon stepped it up a notch by making the romance a real thing. Clearly people must be enjoying it, otherwise they would've stopped. And it is not impossible. We live in a more experienced era. Unless your severely sheltered from that stuff, most kids know about romance. My 8 year old brother knows romance. Hell, he was able to clearly tell what amourshipping was and I don't even tell him about it. So I don't know where you're getting this info from but it definitely needs a fact check (or I could just look at the last line in your sig affecting this and make a point but I'd rather not bring it up).

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
That's a very bold assumption. Yes, pokemon fans care about the journey but they can also be intrigued by the relationships between characters. That's why shippings were created and then pokemon stepped it up a notch by making the romance a real thing. Clearly people must be enjoying it, otherwise they would've stopped. And it is not impossible. We live in a more experienced era. Unless your severely sheltered from that stuff, most kids know about romance. My 8 year old brother knows romance. Hell, he was able to clearly tell what amourshipping was and I don't even tell him about it. So I don't know where you're getting this info from but it definitely needs a fact check (or I could just look at the last line in your sig affecting this and make a point but I'd rather not bring it up).

Kids are too immature for that kind of stuff so it is mostly impossible. Pokemon series should not be subjected to that kind of thing. I am not the one who needs a fact check. I want Pokemon to stay away from this stuff.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Kids are too immature for that kind of stuff so it is mostly impossible. Pokemon series should not be subjected to that kind of thing. I am not the one who needs a fact check. I want Pokemon to stay away from this stuff.

But that's only because you yourself don't grasp it. And what makes you think that you know kids like that. Kids aren't all immature dude, they know things now. And why would Pokemon be subjected when it is in every other series and does nothing but benefit?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
But that's only because you yourself don't grasp it. And what makes you think that you know kids like that. Kids aren't all immature dude, they know things now. And why would Pokemon be subjected when it is in every other series and does nothing but benefit?

As far as I am concern, it doesn't benefit the show or any and I am starting to get annoyed with talking about this. You know how I feel about this. My opinion is Serena would have perfect if they excluded the crush and have her focus on showcases.

Last edited:

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
As far as I am concern, it doesn't benefit the show or any and I am starting to get ticked off with talking about this. You know how I feel about this. My opinion is Serena would have perfect if they excluded the crush and have her focus on showcases.

But that would just make her a lesser version of May or Dawn. And if you don't want to talk about it, then why did you respond? You say that I know how you feel about it, but you're the one who responded to my post when you didn't have to. You should've known that it would go this way because that was the topic.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
But that would just make her a lesser version of May or Dawn. And if you don't want to talk about it, then why did you respond? You say that I know how you feel about it, but you're the one who responded to my post when you didn't have to. You should've known that it would go this way because that was the topic.

It wouldn't made her lesser. She would have been just as good as the others. I responded because it is stuff that is not confirmed to be true in my opinion. But I stop now because it is going nowhere.

Last edited:

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
It wouldn't made her lesser. She would have been just as good as the others. I responded because it is stuff that is not confirmed to be true in my opinion. But I stop now because it is going nowhere.

Whatever, I'll leave it at this. Serena has been unique because of her personality (and her crush is a part of that). You take that away and you take away a massive chunk of her character. Suddenly, she's not so unique anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.