1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What are your thoughts on Serena?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by mindado, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

Serena was close to being an outright Sue (she would have been if she defeated Elle) at one point. Even if they have likeable personalities, it's understandable why some people don't enjoy those type of characters.

I don't think it helps that her goal was something like a Best Waifu Kalos contest, which combined with her comment that "girls should always attend to their appearance and make themselves cute" + pointless ship pandering, kind of leaves the wrong impression even if she doesn't act unlikeable per say.

2. Power Up

Power Up ...

It wasn't her goal ._.

What she said could easily mean something different to us westerners than Japanese people

3. KungFuMaster

KungFuMaster KungFu Zen Mode

I mean, asside from her storyline and her goals, can you hate her character? Just put everything besides and only take her character. Then you can't hate her right? (OK maybe you can but how)

4. Sushi

Sushi unspecified Staff Member Super Mod

I was letting this open for folks who didn't want to spoil themselves over at Anime Spoilers, but I think that's a moot point now. Go over to the XY character review thread if you must continue, but this thread I'm closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.