• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your thoughts on Team Star?

Sham

The Guardian of War
From what my friend was saying it seems like it was the least interesting to him but I found their story of bullied misfits looking for community was pretty nice and they kicked my *** sometimes especially the first and last one.

It was okay/nice, but the grunts could've served more purpose. They didn't really do anything besides stand around, like I didn't feel like I had a lot of interaction with them? It would be nice to read some lore about the leaders of the bases but that's just me. I get that the misfits of the school left the school and stuff, but why do they have so many followers/grunts.

Lorphiiforme

Manta ray enthusiast
Team star was a nice break from the usual evil team which “actually wants to do something bad” motif. There just some guys who beg people to join them, and got bullied. However, Gen 8’s Dark team kind of was like this, but they were just another evil team in my opinion while these guys have character, which seems to have a theme among characters from Gen 1-8 to Gen 9 as many have noticed before. 10/10

Copley Hill Gym

I honestly felt like Team Star was a highlight of the game.

Maybe this - like the other storylines - says more to certain fandom members than others, where some have gone through bullying themselves. It certainly said a lot to me.

I found it great that they formed a group for fixing an issue a lot of authorities just slack off, and then Clive trying to compensate things for everyone, bullies and non bullies alike. Combined with Arven's daddy issues, the game refers a lot to past generations lack of responsabilities (not talking of everyone) and somehow saying sorry, which makes it my favorite antagonist team to date. In the end, all members are reassigned to school after repaying their debts, giving place to restoration rather than disruption. Maybe a little idealistic on my side, but is a great example of what I would like to see in my reality more often.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Aether Foundation was the last notable team. I don’t even remember the team from last Gen. Team Star is forgettable as well. The burnouts from Uva Academy created five Mad Max inspired Manson Ranches around Paldea. Except everyone’s got great clothes. Team Rocket was a nationally organized crime syndicate, Aqua and Magma tried to recreate the world! All were bested by a ten year old. I think I can take on five deadbeats with lifted cars.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Aether Foundation was the last notable team. I don’t even remember the team from last Gen. Team Star is forgettable as well. The burnouts from Uva Academy created five Mad Max inspired Manson Ranches around Paldea. Except everyone’s got great clothes. Team Rocket was a nationally organized crime syndicate, Aqua and Magma tried to recreate the world! All were bested by a ten year old. I think I can take on five deadbeats with lifted cars.
Your perspective on what makes a team notable is so limited, and I deeply pity you.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
My only real disappointment is we never get to see what they look like when not in their custom uniforms.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I started out thinking they were stupid, and ended the story on their side.

I think it's wild yet cool how the game makes you the villain.
It’s kind of funny, even though Toby Fox only did some of the music, Operation Starfall kind of feels similar to Undertale in that regard

Orphalesion

How? You are literally defeating them in order to help them and at the end everybody is happy.
Plus by the time of the game they've gone a bit overboard and need to be snapped out of their current mode.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
How? You are literally defeating them in order to help them and at the end everybody is happy.
Plus by the time of the game they've gone a bit overboard and need to be snapped out of their current mode.

But you start the story deeming them the problem, only to realize you're tearing down the solution to the problem. Even Director Clavell pointed out he'd made a grave mistake in how he handled the situation.

Yes, Team Star went a bit overboard, but their whole purpose was to protect the innocent. And we kicked their a**es for it.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Team Star is my favourite out of the "goofy teams" because they're not really related to a silly legendary destroying earth plot but that they have their own story telling in the creation, the problems Team Star causes and their breakup. The crew bosses all have a lot of character and even the "grunts" (like Eris school friend) or characters like the former academy director being involved is pretty refreshing. Even though there is a hierarchy, the mixup between them, Clive and the whole Cassiopea character (still censoring this to be on the safe site) is giving Team Star a certain amount of character that makes them so wholesome.

It's not perfect but what GF wanted them to be like they're pretty good. Hope for them to be involved in a potential DLC story.

Ryker101

The bosses are fun but barely do anything. My favourite is Ortega, he reminds me of Bede and I enjoyed his battle dialogue. I walked in underprepared, realised half my team’s weak to fairy, and get one-shotted then’s he like ‘Aw what’s wrong? Did you just realise how outmatched you are?’ Love moments like that lol

But I would’ve liked seeing their group dynamic more outside of cutscenes, because it is a good one. My main gripe with the team is how passive they are in the story. They’re just chilling in their bases and you don’t see the bosses until you battle them. Yeah they’re small scale but it lessens their impact

They were great difficulty wise tho, each battle was pretty hype and took me multiple tries. Except the dark one’s cause I did him 3rd lol

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I think at this point Gamefreak realizes that a played straight evil team has been played out. Gen 7? Team Skull were hoodlums and the true villain was an individual leading an otherwise regular company. Gen 8? The "evil" team is just a bunch of obsessed fans and the worst sin of the "main villain" was stupidity. The last evil team in the traditional sense was Team Flare, and they felt really off tonally (also Lysandre feels like a Cyrus rip-off, except actually insane this time). I like Team Star for how they actually felt appropriate to the larger narrative

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I think what some people forgot is that Galar's actual villainous team was Macro Cosmos. (Not that it was that well written, but still.)

As for Team Star, I love the characters, I love the music, I love the presentation, but I kind of miss the villainous team hideouts with the traps to disarm and the grunts ambushing you.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Sympathetic villains who weren’t really villains. Hard to call them “Team ____” in the same vein as Rocket or Galactic. Skull was better, but Star definitely beats Team Yell. I like Giacomo’s hat and hair, and Eri is just so crazy looking that you’ve got to love her. Atticus looks like he could have been an inspiration for a whole other villainous team.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Sympathetic villains who weren’t really villains. Hard to call them “Team ____” in the same vein as Rocket or Galactic. Skull was better, but Star definitely beats Team Yell. I like Giacomo’s hat and hair, and Eri is just so crazy looking that you’ve got to love her. Atticus looks like he could have been an inspiration for a whole other villainous team.
Team Theater Kids?