• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your thoughts on Team Star?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think what some people forgot is that Galar's actual villainous team was Macro Cosmos. (Not that it was that well written, but still.)

As for Team Star, I love the characters, I love the music, I love the presentation, but I kind of miss the villainous team hideouts with the traps to disarm and the grunts ambushing you.
Eh, I’ve dealt with enough warp panels & spinning tiles for one life time, but another base like Po Town would be nice

As for Team Star, I like their characters (even Penny) and their overall story arc, but aside from Eri & Ortega their non-starmobile aces just feel weird & don’t really seem to fit their characters

Copley Hill Gym

I think what some people forgot is that Galar's actual villainous team was Macro Cosmos. (Not that it was that well written, but still.)

As for Team Star, I love the characters, I love the music, I love the presentation, but I kind of miss the villainous team hideouts with the traps to disarm and the grunts ambushing you.

I played over 200 hours on Pokémon Shield and I’m only now realising Macro Cosmos was a) a company b) the bad guys

So the moral of Sun/Moon and Sword/Shield was that multi market corporations are bad?

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I played over 200 hours on Pokémon Shield and I’m only now realising Macro Cosmos was a) a company b) the bad guys

So the moral of Sun/Moon and Sword/Shield was that multi market corporations are bad?
Rose is hardly portrayed as evil, just as an impatient guy who REALLY didn't think ahead

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Pokémon was ahead of it’s time with its critiques of Hasbro…

Rachael

I loved them! I really enjoyed working through their story, and it was clear from the beginning how close they were to each other. I loved how each of them had their own role, and the way they all supported one another. I was very satisfied and touched by their story's conclusion, too. So many children have experienced bullying at school, so I imagine that many people found them to be relatable.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Eh, I’ve dealt with enough warp panels & spinning tiles for one life time, but another base like Po Town would be nice

As for Team Star, I like their characters (even Penny) and their overall story arc, but aside from Eri & Ortega their non-starmobile aces just feel weird & don’t really seem to fit their characters
Fair enough! Solving puzzles is my jam, from crosswords in the newspaper to corralling sheep in the Professor Layton games.

It's just a bigger part of how I noticed solving puzzles and navigating dungeons have become diminished from Generation VII and onward. As derided as Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl were, I relished stuff like the Team Galactic bases and the Stark Mountain Strength puzzles.

Rose is hardly portrayed as evil, just as an impatient guy who REALLY didn't think ahead
Hey, villains don't necessarily have to be evil. Rose is the "extremist" kind of villain, who can be just as dangerous as their obviously evil counterparts.

Copley Hill Gym

That’s something I think BOTW did really well actually. Loads of mini puzzle dungeons in a huge map you can travel across.

What I think Pokémon Scarlet/Violet did well by comparison was sperlunking: there’s a few big cave areas throughout Paldea that are great for roaming around in and catching stuff. More of this would have been very welcome. One hopes the DLC introduces a few more big caves!