• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your thoughts on Wobbuffet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentleman Slowpoke

Hello guys!

I'm thinking of training a Wobbuffet and I would like your oppinions on Wobbuffet. And if you could share any tips (like held items and ev-points and such)
I also wonder since it never attacks first is it worth to have a nature that make Wobbuffet slower but boosts something else? ;202;

Wolfram74

Shiny Feebas
With Wobbuffet you should get high defense, since ghost and bug attacks are all physical attacks.

Bold is high Def. low Att. while Impish is high Def. low Sp.Att. Go 252 HP EV, 128 Def and 128 Sp.Def.

Leftovers is the obvious item choice for Wobb.

With higher defense stat it should make npcs use special attacks at it, at which point you spam Mirror Coat. Else, if you're fighting physical Pokemon like Crobat or Rhydon then spam Counter. Hope this helps :)

Gentleman Slowpoke

With Wobbuffet you should get high defense, since ghost and bug attacks are all physical attacks.

Bold is high Def. low Att. while Impish is high Def. low Sp.Att. Go 252 HP EV, 128 Def and 128 Sp.Def.

Leftovers is the obvious item choice for Wobb.

With higher defense stat it should make npcs use special attacks at it, at which point you spam Mirror Coat. Else, if you're fighting physical Pokemon like Crobat or Rhydon then spam Counter. Hope this helps :)

Ok, but even if the attack is lowed it will it still do the double damage if I choose right?

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Yeah, it does double of whatever damage it receives. anyway, i've never used a Wobufett except to catch Latios, but i think leftovers would help alot.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Yeah, that could work. Encore a physical, then spam the hell out of counter.

Wobbuffet
Nature: Impish (+ Def - SP. ATK) / Careful (+ SP. DEF - SP. ATK)
Ability: Shadow Tag
Item: Leftovers / Focus Band / Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Sp. Def
~Safeguard
~Encore
~Counter
~Mirror Coat

R2J

R.I.P #31
I've never liked Wobbuffet to be honest.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I love Wobbuffet, but I hated running into him on the Sevii Islands. When I was a kid I only used Charizard, and he kept on Destiny Bonding my Charizard and KOing him >.> It was really annoying, but I absolutely love using him other than that

MrJosephIssa

Pokemon Master
To be honest, I wouldn't recommend training a Wobbuffet because of the lack of skills. I would say its a tactic pokemon, where you must have tactics to use its moves. But even then i find that his tactics are not so great.

The only thing I loved about Wobbuffet was in the shows where Team Rocket Jessie had it and it would always come out and make a funny scene.

T3chNik4

Ima lyrical murderer
To be honest, I wouldn't recommend training a Wobbuffet because of the lack of skills. I would say its a tactic pokemon, where you must have tactics to use its moves. But even then i find that his tactics are not so great.

The only thing I loved about Wobbuffet was in the shows where Team Rocket Jessie had it and it would always come out and make a funny scene.

Actually if used right Wobbuffet can be as dangerous as Shuckle. If he has the ability of Shadow Tag then you can't switch Pokemon forcing you to fight him which could lead you into a lot of trouble. If EV trained in Def and Sp Def his defensive stats are remarkable due to it's high HP meaning it can take a beating. It may not have good attack stats but with Mirror Coat and Counter it could be a 1 hit faint for the enemy Pokemon regardless of it's attack stats.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Wobbufett with Encore can be very dangerous.

You're locked in to doing one move against A Pokémon who's strongest attack is countering your own. The only Advantage you have over it is that you can choose your attack type which he's not countering, with Encore there is NO guess work and it's then a matter of time for you to go down. Shadow Tag basicly prevents you from escaping.

In 3rd Gen Official Competitions, and Smogon Banned it, as the there was nothing to get stop it from wiping your party.

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
I've never been a fan of it or used one myself, (even for wandering legends I used a Crobat w/ Mean Look) but I can't deny its usefulness in many battles. If it could learn Substitute it would be nigh on invincible.

The Immortal Punching Bag of Doom

Item: Leftovers
Nature: Anything that boosts Defense

Substitute
Counter
Mirror Coat
Encore

Just wishful thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.