1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What are your top 10 all time favorite anime characters?

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Pokegirl Fan~, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Mikoto Uchiha

If you can list 10 characters from any anime that are your favorites, which characters would make that list and why?

My top 10 in no particular order are:

-Serena/Usagi/Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon 90s anime)-I found her to be pretty entertaining and funny and I thought that she was great as a main character.

-Gohan (Dragon Ball Z/Super)-I liked how he developed throughout Dragon Ball Z and his character was pretty interesting.

-Android 18 (Dragon Ball Z/Super)-her introduction in the Dragon Ball series got me interested in her character right away and her first fight against Vegeta is one of my favorites of the series.

-Majin Buu (the fat one)(Dragon Ball Z/Super)-i find him hilarious and he says the funniest things.

-Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh!)-He has hilarious lines in the English dub and I liked his backstory especially with ancient Egypt and his connection with the Blue Eyes White Dragon.

-Kisara (Yu-Gi-Oh!)-i love her connections with the Blue Eyes White Dragon as well. Plus she has such a tragic backstory.

-Rei/Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon 90s anime)-i find her short temper entertaining especially when she loses it in an argument with Serena/Usagi.

-Lillie (Pokemon Sun and Moon)-i like how unique and original her character is compared to the past Pokemon series.

-Atem (Yu-Gi-Oh!)-im a fan of his dub voice and how he's always sort of overdramatic.

-Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh!)-i liked seeing him develop from a shy and timid character into a more confident one and has also has sort of become the spitting image of Atem in a way.

2. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

Basically copy-pasted from MAL, from first to last (but not least):

Nagisa Furukawa (CLANNAD) - I have to say Nagisa's one of the best-written female characters I've seen in terms of realism. She may not look like much since there's not a huge difference to her character from episode one and the last episode, but there's a noticeable change. On top of it, she reminds me a whole lot of my own mother, at least in terms of when it's her and Tomoya Okazaki together. So it's a bit hard to explain why she's my favorite given how personal it is.

Mewtwo (Pokémon) - Do I really need to explain this?

Vash the Stampede (Trigun) - Literally, he's everything I want in a man.

Tora (Ushio and Tora) - Tora's kind of a surprise, I never expected to like him as much as I did. But then again, the anime and manga itself is a lot of fun, and his character had the most character development in the series. Also, he's just hilarious when he's not being a badass.

Rena Ryuugu (Higurashi) - This was a hard decision to make, honestly, because I love all of the main characters from Higurashi, but Rena seems to be the face of the series. Part of the reason might be because her voice actress did Nagisa as well, but she's a great character in her own right.

Wizardmon and Gatomon (Digimon) - It's not exactly a tie, I like Wizardmon just slightly more, but again, do I really need to explain why I like these two so much?

Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura) - Well, technically I like Sakura Avalon, but she's my childhood hero where Ash Ketchum couldn't fill in.

Kumiko Yamaguchi (Gokusen) - I like her personality, like she doesn't take shit from nobody. She's a fill-in for a powerful yakuza group for her sickly grandfather, but she earns it. She's had a childhood dream to be a teacher, and while she gets it, she just so happens to oversee a class of delinquents, and let's just say hilarity and badassery ensues.

Usopp (One Piece) - It's a little hard to talk about Usopp because his role in the show is like super important and stuff, but he's my favorite of the Straw Hats, and Sonny Strait's portrayal of him gives me life.

3. I Pink Elephant

I Pink Elephant Shiny Hunter

Been a while since I watched any new anime, but off the top of my head...

1. Lina Inverse (Slayers)
    2. Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)
    3. Near (Death Note)
    4. Jo (Burst Angle)
    5. Yoruichi (Bleach)
    6. Revy (Black Lagoon)
    7. Lucy (Elfin Lied)
    8. L (Death Note)
    9. Pazu (Ghost in the Shell)
    10. Claire (Claymore)

4. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 The Unbeatable Magician

In no particular order:

1)Aizen Sousuke(Bleach)
    2)Urahara Kisuke(Bleach)
    3)Monkey D. Luffy(One Piece)
    4)Joseph Joestar(JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
    5)Kira Yoshikage(JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
    6)Naraku(Inuyasha)
    7)Sakata Gintoki(Gintama)
    8)Kagura(Gintama)
    9)Meruem(Hunter x Hunter)
    10)Yang Wen-Li(Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

5. Kirby Dragons

Kirby Dragons Well-Known Member

Copied from Smashboards, but this time with explanations.

10) Tsunade (Naruto) - Long hair. She demands authority.
    9) Nami (One Piece) - Long hair. She's a well-designed, likeable character.
    8) Motoko Aoyama (Love Hina) - Long hair. She's one of two characters in the show who can actually fight. Also, I like swords.
    7) Ino Yamanaka (Naruto) - Long hair.
    6) Shark (Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL) - A great, strong rival for the protagonist, with a lot of fierce personality.
    5) Sakura Haruno (Naruto) - A well-designed character.
    4) Orihime Inoue (Bleach) - Long hair, and even a backstory for the hair.
    3) Nico Robin (One Piece) - Long hair. Relatable personality.
    2) Vinsmoke Sanji (One Piece) - Epic fighting skills, and just epic in general.
    1) Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece) - Protagonist of my favorite anime, he's really enjoyable.

6. PokemonBattleFanatic-

PokemonBattleFanatic- Paul/Shinji fan

My Top 10 favorite Anime Characters in no particular order

1.Goku (Dragon Ball/Z/Super)
    2.Yusuke Urameshi (Yu Yu Hakusho)
    3.Paul (Pokemon)
    4.Yusei Fudo (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)
    5.Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z/Super)
    6.Kakashi Hatake (Naruto/Naruto Shippuden)
    7.Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
    8.Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
    9.Frieza (Dragon Ball Z/Super)
    10.Neji Hyuga (Naruto)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  7. GarchompTheAssassin

GarchompTheAssassin Water Supremacist

No order:

Spike - Cowboy Bebop
    Okabe - Steins;Gate
    Kurapika, Knuckle, Neferpitou - Hunter X Hunter
    Tomoya, Sunohara, Kyou - Clannad
    Ash Ketchum's Squirtle - Pokemon
    Hanji - Attack on Titan

8. Bubbles18

Bubbles18 The Crazy Eevee Lady

1) Dawn from Pokemon
    2) Rin Okumura from Blue Exorcist (I just want to hug this guy)
    3) - Yuri from Yuri on Ice
    4) - Mei Misaki from Another
    5) - Mai Taniyama from Ghost Hunt
    6) - Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist
    7) Shiemi Moriyama from Blue Exorcist
    8) Ash Ketchum - yeah, I have to add him.
    9) Makoto Niijima from Persona 5 (How could I not?)
    10) Kuro from Blue Exorcist because I love that cat

9. Kage-Pikachu

Kage-Pikachu Well-Known Member

Wow, literally just discovered there was a section for alternate anime!
    My favorites are:
    1.) Kira Yamato from Gundam Seed/Destiny-He's my absolute favorite Gundam pilot, I loved how his character evolved over the course of Seed from a reluctant pilot to a confident soldier.
    2.)Goku from DB/Z/S/GT- The first time I saw him fight was against the Ginyu Force and I thought he was incredible ever since. Seeing him effortless dispatch Recoome and Burter was an amazing experience.
    3.) Ash Ketchum from Pokemon- He's the star of the adaptation of my favorite video game series
    4.) Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop- The original Space Cowboy, I loved how despite his successes he was ALWAYS poor! He was such an awesome laidback character who could kick lots of butt.
    5.) Roger Smith from The Big O-This was an awesome show and to this day I still wish there was a third season! I loved every episode of this crazy mindscrew series and Roger was a brilliant protagonist.
    6.) Issei Hyoudo from High School DxD-The series is a guilty pleasure and Issei is such a crazy protagonist who I can't help but be jealous of!
    7.) Jiraiya from Naruto- He was such a funny character, though admittedly a crappy teacher (seriously what did they even do during that 2.5 year timeskip) to Naruto. I enjoyed his personality and his unashamed pervertedness.
    8.) Yusuke Yurameshi from Yu Yu Hakusho- The original Spirit Detective, having a delinquent as the main character was an interesting premise and I loved this guy for his hardcore action scenes.
    9.) Yugi/Yami from Yu-Gi-Oh!- The best protagonist in my opinion, I loved the card game and envied the animation. When are we getting our duel disks!!!!??
    10.) Kazuma from S-Cry-Ed- I really liked Kazuma, he was a tough fighter with one heck of a strong punch! I liked the entire concept of the series even though I dislike the epilogue.
    Speed Racer gets an honorary mention for being my first anime

10. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist My only mode of transport will be Onix

1. Koro-sensei

2. Ash Ketchum

3. Alphonse Elric

4. Winry Rockbell

5. Joseph Joestar

6. Nico Robin

7. Muto Ashirogi

9. Maka Albarn

10. Dandy (Space Dandy)

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  11. Kage-Pikachu

lol, no number 8? How about trying Danganronpa?

12. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist My only mode of transport will be Onix

I haven't decided yet, and I don't like Danganronpa. Maybe someone from Ace Attorney though.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  13. Kage-Pikachu

Gotcha, how about Gad Guard, it's probably kind of an obscure anime.