• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your Top Favorite Nintendo franchises?

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
What are your Top Favorite Nintendo franchises of all time?

Here are my Top 5:

1. Pokémon: No surprise, It's the series I'm most involved in.
2. Super Smash Bros: I love the variety of characters to use and I like the fighting mechanics.
3. Mario: My favorite platform series, and Mario Kart is my favorite racing series. I also like the Donkey Kong games too.
4. Kid Icarus: Love the Greek myth theme, characters gameplay, etc. Uprising is my favorite.
5. Kirby: I love the simplicity of Kirby games and I also like the copy ability.

Honorable Mentions: EathBound/Mother, Legend of Zelda, Yo-Kai Watch(If that counts)

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
my favorite is SSB. I like basically everyting of nintendo so this is the perfect game for me. I also like super mario, kirby, pokemon and everything else from nintendo

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
1: Xenoblade Chronicles
2: Pokemon
3: Kid Icarus
4: Smash Bros
5: The Legend of Zelda

Xenoblade Chronicles has stole my heart with a single game. That one game completely moved me like no other video game ever has.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
For me, it's:

1. Super Smash Bros.
2. Pokémon
3. Mario
4. The Legend of Zelda
5. EarthBound

Honorable mentions (these could all go in my 5 slot): Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, and Star Fox.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Personally:
1: Legend of Zelda
2: Fire Emblem
3: Kirby
4: Xenoblade
5: Pokemon

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
1. Kirby
2. Pokemon
3. Super Smash Bros.
4. Animal Crossing
5. Tie between Mario and The Legend of Zelda
Honorable mentions: Kid Icarus, Rhythm Heaven (Despite the fact I mostly only watch my brother playing since I'm terrible at it), and maybe Earthbound after I learn more it about since I did just get that on Virtual Console.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Mine are:

1. Pokemon
2. Super Smash Brothers
3. Fire Emblem
4. Legend of Zelda
5. Tie between Kirby and Mario.

Can't decide on the fifth spot seeing as I don't really play them a lot. Since Kirby game I played was honestly Kirby Air Ride, and the Mario game I go back to every once in a while is Mario Kart 8.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
1. Fire Emblem : It all began with Awakening. I had so much fun playing it and somehow surpassed Pokémon. My love for the game has now spread over Sacred Stones, Shadow Dragon and Fates (all three versions).
2. Pokémon : I'm addicted to Pokémon as well. Keep getting better every generation.
3. Kid Icarus : Uprising alone was enough for me to LOVE Kid Icarus. It was really a strike in the heart.
4. Kirby : I enjoyed playing Super Star Ultra as a kid and I always enjoyed the few subsequent Kirby games I have bought/played.
5. Earthbound : Still playing through the localized game and I really like it.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
1. Pokemon - Pretty much play the games more than any other franchises. Plus it's a huge part of my childhood.

2. Super Mario - From the platformers to the Mario Kart games, I always have a lot of fun with Mario games.

3. The Legend of Zelda - Amazing titles and I probably put it up close with Super Mario.

4. Fire Emblem - Started with Awakening and loved it despite few flaws here and there and it gave me the chance to try out something new after playing the previous three mentioned franchises. Hoping for a rerelease of the Radiant games since I heard amazing things about them and need to get around with TMS #FE.

5. This is a tough decision. I liked Animal Crossing: New Leaf until I got burnt out of it. Kid Icarus Uprising is a stellar title and Splatoon is a fun and unique shooter as well.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I don't necessarily feel like doing a top 5 since it doesn't give some series enough justice.

Top favorites (Not on other lists because of redundancy)
1. Super Smash Bros.- I like the "Avengers" concept to it. A collection that makes its own crossover.
2. Pokemon- A fun mix of biology and mathematical concepts.

Favorites from big series
Mario- Mario always had a gameplay style, but it would work with different concepts, not only for spin-offs, but also for main series experiments like Sunshine and Galaxy. The fact that the main platforming part of the series doesn't send you to the same environment always Mario to develop in many different ways.
Zelda- While the Zelda formula stays very similar, the games will more likely than not have one aspect that makes that one game unique among others. I loved exploring the ocean in WW, reset the time in MM, and appreciate the darker tones in TP.
Metroid is another series I like, but the reason I chose Zelda over it is because I like Zelda more as a whole, than I like Metroid games like Zero Mission and Fusion (though I should play more of those games).

Favorite small series
Mother and Pikmin are going to be mentioned at this same note, because I feel like they have similar aspects in design. In both series, the second and third game were real gems, but with their own merits over the other. The games have a surreal sense of adventure, and at times, the enemies can be downright terrifying. These two series have enough strength in some very good titles, that I feel they are worthy for that spot.

Edit: But to make a simple TL;DR list.
1. Super Smash Bros.
2. Pokemon
3. Mario
4. Zelda
5. Mother/Pikmin

It would probably go something like this:

1.) The Legend of Zelda
2.) Mario
3.) Pokemon
4.) Pikmin
5.) Super Smash Brothers

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
1. Mother
- A beautiful series. Cool gameplay, good storytelling, this series has it all. It touches on some very dark themes in a very cutesy way, and has some profound messages about life buried deep within its witty humour.

2. Fire Emblem
- An RPG of the ages. It began with Awakening, and since then I went on to play most of the titles I could, battling my way through legion after legion. I grow attached to the unique characters, enjoy building up my army, and feeling like a cunning tactician.

3. Animal Crossing
- A cutesy stress relief game that has taken up hundreds of hours of my life. It's great to see a town grow and the villagers within it form strong bonds with the player, forming a little mini community, with lots of alternative goals so you never get bored.

4. Pokemon
- I grew up with this RPG. Building a team and taking it all the way to the end has always felt special to me, collecting and battling with my favourites. The competitive metagame is alright too.

5. The Legend of Zelda
- I only got into this recently, and it's a nice swap out for what kind of game I'm used to. And oh boy it is fun! The exploration encouraged in all of the titles is great, whether it be a land in two different eras, the vast ocean or a bloody train track.