• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are your unpopular opinions about the anime?

Remix2

This is gonna be a hot take but whoever is about to cry about “taking shots at XY” is just gonna have to cry.

Stop gaslighting people when they claim that XY tried to be a failed Shoenn or “angsty” because what do you call Ash falling into the pavement and an active volcano? They did this scene twice to make him “heroic”.

And before people say “it’s just the show showing he loves his Pokémon so much”, absolutely not and the anime has proven Ash knows when to return his Pokémon to their balls ala the episode where they were all about to freeze in OS. Why not return Pikachu or at the very least Talonflame?
Funny how people have a problem with ash risking his life for a Pokémon In xy when he does it in every other series and no one have a problem with it.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Lillie is best girl and some of the best episodes of the anime are the ones that focus on her.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tbh I think the claims about XY having stiff character animation are overblown, especially since it's the series that really went all out with the poses when commanding attacks and those kind of things

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
Throughout two whole regions, May and Max travel with Ash. Somehow, though, May only catches a single Pokémon in a traditional battle. All the rest of her Pokémon chose her, were given by professors, or met her in other weird circumstances. Wurmple, a little red goon of a bug Pokémon , is her only traditional catch. For someone who traveled so far and encountered so many creatures, it's absurd that Wurmple is the only one she caught. It's especially bizarre since she caught him so early in her journey. For a pokemon trainer like her, she should have caught at least a few more Pokémon out in the wild.
I genuinely cannot tell if this person's posts are brand new post each time or if they are literal re-posts.
They're all so samey and blur so hard I simply cannot distinguish them.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I genuinely cannot tell if this person's post are brand new post each time or if they are literal re-posts.
They're all so samey and blur so hard I simply cannot distinguish them.
We should run them through a GPT3 detector to see if they’re being generated by AI…

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Tbh I think the claims about XY having stiff character animation are overblown, especially since it's the series that really went all out with the poses when commanding attacks and those kind of things
I mean I don't think anyone thinks they had stiff character animation during battles, for battles they went all out
It is in non-battle situations where the animation just feels janky at times and not as fluid

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I agreed, it just makes the scene unintentionally funny of how dumb those situations are by acting heroic instead of using the Poke Balls
In retrospect, that makes the "Goh captures Suicune" episode be the only instance where someone actually used the brain to make the best call.

There's also Ash on movie 20 but that's a different continuity

Gingertail24

In retrospect, that makes the "Goh captures Suicune" episode be the only instance where someone actually used the brain to make the best call.

There's also Ash on movie 20 but that's a different continuity
Right? Like regardless of how I feel with the suicune capture. I was thinking "freaking finally" when someone used their PokeBall to keep their Mon safe, y'know, one of the intended purposes of a PokeBall

Heck the same with absol. Some got mad at that. But let's be honest, we all would of used a PokeBall instead of throwing ourselves into boiling steam which wouldnt even save absol anyways lol

Like at least someone has self preservation lol

But I think Ash influence him in this aspect . Like shielding drizzle instead of using a PokeBall lol

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I mean I don't think anyone thinks they had stiff character animation during battles, for battles they went all out
It is in non-battle situations where the animation just feels janky at times and not as fluid
admittedly, yeah fully non-battle moments aren't as fluid, but I'd still put them above most non-battle scenes from BW and before, partially due to the style being less blocky (or JN for that matter even if that one isn't blocky either). Plus it does have quite a few good ones:

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Also this reminded me how hype XYZ ep 1 was back on the day......and also that I wish we had sakugabooru embeds here

Morax

King of heroes
admittedly, yeah fully non-battle moments aren't as fluid, but I'd still put them above most non-battle scenes from BW and before, partially due to the style being less blocky (or JN for that matter even if that one isn't blocky either). Plus it does have quite a few good ones:

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Also this reminded me how hype XYZ ep 1 was back on the day......and also that I wish we had sakugabooru embeds here
I mean you’re on PAD.