TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS
Based on what we've seen so far, I actually wouldn't mind too much if Roy is second fiddle to Liko.
I agree. Outside competence levels, BW Ash is a lot closer to os-dp Ash.I can't really see XY Ash as a "return" to his OS-DP personality for a lot of little reasons, but one that's stood out to me lately is how he's handled in those childhood flashbacks. It bothers me how he's made to act almost exactly like he does in the present, it feels like they're implying he was just always this way rather than that he actually grew from his past journeys.
I get that a lot of flashbacks tend to whitewash Ash's OS flaws, but in AG and DP it still feels like there's some indication that he's actually changed as a person over time. I really don't get that vibe from XY, especially with the whole bit in the Snowbelle arc about Ash not being his "real" self. That along with how self-contained the series was, it all just doesn't properly connect to his original arc. It feels more like its own version of Ash that just happens to be more traditionally cool and competent.
- Roy is on his way to being a certified icon
- Journeys gave me major whiplash. I understand people wanting to see main characters “progress” but I hope Liko’s and Roy’s strength stay on the realistic end of the spectrum even if they don’t quite fully accomplish their goals.
- Not sure why people are praising this series with less than a dozen episodes out and saying it’s better than any series involving Ash. Cornball behavior. This series could get “mid” to “bad” very quickly but otherwise it’s nice.
- None of the character returns in Journeys was bad and therefor I hope they continue into this series as well. Hopefully it’s not an alternate universe.
- If y’all don’t understand why Lusamine was wrong and just as bad in the anime version of SM then you’re just lost in the sauce. Just because she wasn’t outwardly mean doesn’t mean she wasn’t neglectful.
- Project Mew was a mess from start to finish. Low carb Contests look more planned than that and that’s saying something.
- I didn’t really get that triggered that Liko’s first win was offscreen but I guess I can understand.
Well we never had that honeymoon phase in JNDude this is the honeymoon phase, and like any new relationship or marriage everything is still new, fresh, and exciting. Once these feelings die down opinions will start to differ and by that point it could go either way, that usually happens during the second year.
Yea sadly a lot of people's perception of Ash starts and ends with how strong Ash is portrayed and "mature" so series like BW and SM are called the odd ones out.I agree. Outside competence levels, BW Ash is a lot closer to os-dp Ash.
Well we never had that honeymoon phase in JN
That's because JN began with a bunch of clickbait. Though still even then a lot of people were hopeful around ep 12Well we never had that honeymoon phase in JN
It's why I felt SM Ash was a breath of fresh air. He's STILL a drastic character overhaul but he at least maintains some figments of Ash's OS personality at times like being centered around actual character interactions and having moments of being pouty and sarcastic after BW/XY gradually turned him into an autopilot goody goody.I mean in terms of his mannerisms/attitude, I'd say XY Ash is actually closer to BW Ash than anything else. It's just that their competence levels were randomly reversed.
It's the modern era in general that really started leaning into the "perpetually good-natured" image for him, like there's a difference between a character who's learned some control over their temper, and a character that just straight up doesn't have a short temper. Post-DP Ash is the latter.
At the very least it would have been a more satisfying ending for the Pokemon themselves, especially Meowth, who I feel like after that ending got trashed, they struggled to find anything new and dynamic for.Takeshi Shudo's original ending for the anime where Pikachu would lead a Pokémon uprising against the humans who enslaved them would have been an amazing epic ending, and I'm sad that it didn't happen.
I've literally never heard anyone want this ending as it feels really weird with how the show is.Takeshi Shudo's original ending for the anime where Pikachu would lead a Pokémon uprising against the humans who enslaved them would have been an amazing epic ending, and I'm sad that it didn't happen.
I fail to see how that is a satisfying ending for them.At the very least it would have been a more satisfying ending for the Pokemon themselves, especially Meowth, who I feel like after that ending got trashed, they struggled to find anything new and dynamic for.